• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biohazard 5 and Star Ocean 4 bundles coming out in Japan

Jonnyram

so4.jpg

2009/2/19 24800 yen
Xbox 360 Arcade
Star Ocean 4 software
Original faceplate
Star Ocean Best Collection soundtrack CD

bh5.jpg

2009/3/5 34800 yen
Xbox 360 Premium
Biohazard 5 Deluxed Edition software:
- game
- Biohazard 5 Selection Track soundtrack CD
- 48 hrs gold card
- special metal case
Code for a premium theme

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
PJX said:
And you think Star Ocean 4 won't have any DLC?

SO4's DLC content will be on the disc. You'll just be buying 108Kb keys to unlock them.

It's Namco, afterall.

Dot50Cal

Banned
itxaka said:
On the biohazard bundle, is that a vga cable?
It is D-Terminal, which is basically the Component of Japan.

Also, all this stuff (beyond the branded box) is available in the Deluxe Edition, which will be the standard Xbox 360 release until they run out of stock. So overall, quite useless.

fernoca

The Biohazard one, should have been a black Xbox and a faceplate too..but you know, that makes sense..so of course not!

Rpgmonkey

I was waiting to see when something like these would pop up. :p

And is that a new character on the SO4 faceplate? :eek:

Wario64 said:
SO4's DLC content will be on the disc. You'll just be buying 108Kb keys to unlock them.

It's Namco, afterall.

PSGames

fernoca said:
The Biohazard one, should have been a black Xbox and a faceplate too..but you know, that makes sense..so of course not!

Yeah it kinda sucks the SO4 one gets a faceplate yet RE5 doesn't.

cvxfreak said:
The Japanese version will almost certainly be region locked.

I wonder if there'll be any PS3 bundles...

They'd be silly not too. Even without bundles though the PS3 will outsell the 360 version 5 to 1 in Japan.

itxaka

Defeatist
Dot50Cal said:
It is D-Terminal, which is basically the Component of Japan.

Also, all this stuff (beyond the branded box) is available in the Deluxe Edition, which will be the standard Xbox 360 release until they run out of stock. So overall, quite useless.

ooohhh so that is the famous D-terminal. Cool to know.

Ashour

I love the Star Ocean faceplate but I don’t like Star Ocean games so I’ll probably get it from Ebay, anyway smart move from MS and I think Sony will bundle RE5 with PS3 too.

Yazus

Ashour said:
I love the Star Ocean faceplate but I don’t like Star Ocean games so I’ll probably get it from Ebay, anyway smart move from MS and I think Sony will bundle RE5 with PS3 too.

Fuck, i love star ocean to death but i'm NOT going to buy another 360 for sure. M$ Bring this to America so i can import it and play NA Region locked games like vesperia

PS: this is probably an hint that so4 won't have DLCs... for now :(

john tv

Yazus said:
Fuck, i love star ocean to death but i'm NOT going to buy another 360 for sure. M$ Bring this to America so i can import it and play NA Region locked games like vesperia

PS: this is probably an hint that so4 won't have DLCs... for now :(
NA Vesperia works fine on Japanese 360s, FYI.

Jonnyram

A lot of NA games work on JP 360s, and if they don't you can always buy the Asian versions (usually for $10 less), but there won't be much of a second hand market for them.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
They should have preloaded or included a code for Megaman 9 or Bionic Commando with that RE5 one, just to sweeten the deal.

Or they could just preload the demo versions for all of Capcom's XBLA stuff, might interest some people that would have otherwise never tried them or known they exist. Definitely couldn't hurt.

Mohonky

You'd have to think the Star Ocean bundle would sell well for MS in Japan. I don't think they'll ever really win over the Japanese market, but they must certainly be making inroads this gen with awesome bundles like these and the previous ones. I think this gen has been pretty good for MS in Japan; they have far more developer support and are getting the games the Japanese market usually lap up.

If anything, I think Japan will at least become more consistent for them and they might garner enough interest that by the time next gen rolls around the Japanese market will see the Xbox brand as a more viable option.

Top Bottom