• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Tron Show - Reviews, Lists, Madness

Neiteio

I rewatched half of his old episodes recently. Looking forward to the new stuff! I'd really like to see:

- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
- Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (or any Goemon game)
- Bomberman 64 or Bomberman Hero
- Beetle Adventure Racing
- Donkey Kong Country trilogy

He's touched on some of those in other episodes, but dedicated episodes would be amazing.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I rewatched half of his old episodes recently. Looking forward to the new stuff! I'd really like to see:

- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
- Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (or any Goemon game)
- Bomberman 64 or Bomberman Hero
- Beetle Adventure Racing
- Donkey Kong Country trilogy

He's touched on some of those in other episodes, but dedicated episodes would be amazing.
Beetle Adventure Racing was amazing.

But I forget. Was Jon the one who hated the DKC games or the one who liked them? I was always really sad the Grumps never finished DKC2 after going all the way through DKC1. Then they never did DKC3. Maybe it was Arin who didn't like 2.

Looking forward so hard.

Loco4Coco

But I forget. Was Jon the one who hated the DKC games or the one who liked them? I was always really sad the Grumps never finished DKC2 after going all the way through DKC1. Then they never did DKC3. Maybe it was Arin who didn't like 2.

Looking forward so hard.

Jon said he loved the DKC games, basically anything RARE.

arab

i'm disappointed because jontron seems like he needs to do stupid voices to be funny these days. i feel knsulted watching his videos now that he'a constantly a stooge

Neiteio

Looking forward so hard.
Jontron loves Rare circa the SNES and N64. He listed all three of the DKC games in his Top 20 SNES Games. All three of them, each with separate entries. I think he didn't even include ALttP and Chrono Trigger.

Mad respect for giving each DKC its due. Yes, even DKC3. Which is better than DKC1. But neither are better than DKC2.

Neiteio

Ha, still watching that video and people just keep asking him what his favorite things are, and now he's breaking into musical for no reason (~13 minute mark).

Neiteio

New episode about the Home Alone games, also Normal Boots is back and all of his videos will be uploaded there first from now on: http://normalboots.com/video/home-alone-games-jontron/
YES! I was just saying the other day I'm eager to see his new stuff. And this subject matter (Home Alone) -- LOL.

dis-gon-b-gud.gif

Neiteio

I'm pretty sure he's mistaking Jon with someone completely different because this is news to me.

Seriously, Jon is a lovable teddy bear.
I've seen some of the usual joyless folk here harp on Jontron about alleged racist remarks, but I bet they're taking it out of context and it's just him being silly, probably taking the piss out of racism by showing how absurd it is. I really doubt there's even an ounce of hate in Jontron's heart. He's just a great guy, with a lightheartedness to him that I find admirable.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
which ones?

"All the blacks and whites and Jews and Asians and Latinos should all die". Hilarious. It was a joke and he doesn't mean it but what does it say about him if that is what he thinks if funny? What about him going to racist websites as a "joke"?

Joking doesn't NOT make you an unfunny asshole.

I've seen some of the usual joyless folk here harp on Jontron about alleged racist remarks, but I bet they're taking it out of context and it's just him being silly, probably taking the piss out of racism by showing how absurd it is. I really doubt there's even an ounce of hate in Jontron's heart. He's just a great guy, with a lightheartedness to him that I find admirable.

He's made some racial jokes on Game Grumps, but if anyone takes that really serious, then I sincerely pity them.

Neiteio

"All the blacks and whites and Jews and Asians and Latinos should all die". Hilarious. It was a joke and he doesn't mean it but what does it say about him if that is what he thinks if funny? What about him going to racist websites a a "joke"?
Way I see it, he's making fun of the people who are hateful and actually think that way. He's depicting such sentiment as absurd because it -is- absurd. Like I said, taking the piss out of racism.

NotLiquid

Should probably check back to the site later, it seems like it's experiencing incredibly heavy load right now and the videos don't load.

"All the blacks and whites and Jews and Asians and Latinos should all die". Hilarious. It was a joke and he doesn't mean it but what does it say about him if that is what he thinks if funny? What about him going to racist websites as a "joke"?

So he's basically being racist towards himself and every race out there in a sentence that's an absurdist spoof which you took out of context?

Come on, son. Watch his actual videos before you make blind assumptions. Jon is a swell guy.

I don't understand.. why are you in this thread if you don't like him?

Anyway, about fucking time! I'm glad hes doing other sketches than just video games.

Sounds like Satire 101 to me, friend. Do you think Onion articles are real too?

I have no horse in this race, I've never seen a full Jon Tron video (very little Game Grumps too) and he could be racist for all I know. But as a third party, outside observer, you are clearly being too sensitive about a joke obviously meant to satirize hate speech.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I hate JonTron because I physically resemble him (he resembles me to be more precise) but some of his videos are funny, like the Sonic one

For some reason I fucking love his Monster Bash video. I watched it all numerous times and it never gets old. JonTron's videos are pretty good for some "background noise" while I'm working.

Top Bottom