• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

I hope you say my review of it man. Your in for a fucking treat.

I saw your review pop up in my subscriptions, but avoided it for fear of spoilers.

Will check it out after I've finished the first episode, but very happy to hear you enjoyed it. As we seem to generally share the same tastes, I'd say that pretty much guarantees I'll have a blast too...

OT, but I thoroughly enjoyed your H1Z1 quicklook.

Karak

I saw your review pop up in my subscriptions, but avoided it for fear of spoilers.

Will check it out after I've finished the first episode, but very happy to hear you enjoyed it. As we seem to generally share the same tastes, I'd say that pretty much guarantees I'll have a blast too...

OT, but I thoroughly enjoyed your H1Z1 quicklook.

Thanks ya man. I kept spoilers out but its best to stay away of course. I have to say I think you will agree. Post back when you are done!

dex3108

Those asking about the next episode.
c5f12ca694.png

New episodes should be out every 6 weeks i think. Gametrailers did episode abut first part and they told that devs said that they are still on track to release new episode every 6 weeks.

New episodes should be out every 6 weeks i think. Gametrailers did episode abut first part and they told that devs said that they are still on track to release new episode every 6 weeks.
Is their development different from most episodic games? I feel like they already finished work on all of the game and are just releasing it in a set period because they want to. Considering the scenes shown of the next episode and there being preview images of the other 3 episodes.

Cause no other episodic game is as fast between episodes, right?

Is their development different from most episodic games? I feel like they already finished work on all of the game and are just releasing it in a set period because they want to. Considering the scenes shown of the next episode and there being preview images of the other 3 episodes.

Capcom is releasing Revelations 2 one episode per week and then releasing a disc at the end of it. The only reason I can see episodic making sense this way is if they want people to keep talking about the game over the course of a few months.

Capcom is releasing Revelations 2 one episode per week and then releasing a disc at the end of it. The only reason I can see episodic making sense this way is if they want people to keep talking about the game over the course of a few months.
Yeah. Which is an interesting take.

I read an article saying that they are working on all 5 episodes at the same time but episodes 3-5 have blank spaces for community feedback while episode 2 is more finalized.

Yeah. Which is an interesting take.

For these kinds of games I think it kind of makes sense. Instead of just a ton of discussion on release that peters out after a week or two you get four or five bursts of discussion that help spread awareness about the game, plus you put off spoilers from the end of the game for a while. As long as you have reliable release dates I actually prefer episodic content because its easier to fit into my schedule.

Kinsei

Banned
I wonder if the
abortion
is going to come into play in a future episode(s). I can see there being drama
with the guy that got her pregnant.

Nevadatan

There is no "SJW" stuff in the first place, that's the craziest thing. I just don't think they can comprehend a game written from the perspective of (and about) a high school girl.

yeah i know all that is bullshit, but for some reason people dont stop relating that with the game

Those asking about the next episode.
c5f12ca694.png
good to know, so i have quite time to finish the first episode.

dex3108

I really dont know. Maybe game is playable and story is done but they are just tweaking and polishing episodes between releases.

I wonder if the
abortion
is going to come into play in a future episode(s). I can see there being drama
with the guy that got her pregnant.
Goddamn what the hell did I miss?! Yeah, now have to do another playthrough to find this out and the other photos.

Glass

Going to try this out after so many positive responses to it here. The window popping up on Steam when I logged in today was the first I'd heard of it.

ViviOggi

I did not like Remember Me at all but this could be quite something. I'm glad Dontnod got another chance and seem to be playing to their strengths this time around. Legit blown away by the art and I haven't even left the classroom yet, just been looking around and reading the notebook.

nikos

I came for an update on this being available on the US PSN store and started mindlessly clicking spoilers like a god damn idiot.

Back to checking the store every now and then I go.

So is there some proper way to replay the episode without rewriting the save? I'm guessing not. Maybe i'll start another save to get the rest of the photos.

Kinsei

Banned
So is there some proper way to replay the episode without rewriting the save? I'm guessing not. Maybe i'll start another save to get the rest of the photos.

After you beat the episode you unlock collection mode that tells you what sections each hidden photo is in and it won't overwrite the save.

After you beat the episode you unlock collection mode that tells you what sections each hidden photo is in and it won't overwrite the save.

Nice, thanks, hadn't noticed that.

Also,
hid the truth, comforted Victoria, intervened, and came out of hiding. Missed the pregnancy test...

Siren: Blood Curse came out episodically, except all the episodes came out at once. I'm guessing Sony were just experimenting with the format at the time, since they were experimenting with big PSN exclusives around that time as well (Wipeout HD and SOCOM Confrontation).

Anyway, I finished Episode 1 a few hours ago and really enjoyed it. Seemed right up there with Telltale's efforts but with better gameplay, better choices and, you know, not running like absolute fucking shit. I'm looking forward to episode 2 now.

AwShucks

I really want to play but I'm not a huge fan of the episodic style. I prefer to wait until I can play the whole thing. I hope enough people buy it in the meantime to allow them to get to that point!

peakish

I enjoyed this. If I have one specific complaint it's that most decisions are binary, which sticks out a bit like a sore thumb in the few puzzles available. All except one just makes you rewind time and press A to complete (although complete probably isn't the right word since both outcomes presumably affects you moving on). I'd hope for some more complex interactions in the later episodes to mix things up.

Even so it was a nice episode. I haven't played the Telltale games and can't compare, but the premise which is set up is intriguing enough. There are some nice threads open for the story to build on and I'm curious to see if the made choices can have an effect on Max's development. I missed a lot of photo opportunities, but liked that they were in there. I also really liked that there were a lot of events with Max just reflecting on the day or her past with Chloe.

I'll definitely get the next episode.

Edit: One other thing that bothered me is that the characters in this episode are very one-note. Two hours isn't a lot of time to develop characters in a game so I'm fine with them taking some time to develop, I just hope that it isn't a David Cage disappointment coming up.

Thanks ya man. I kept spoilers out but its best to stay away of course. I have to say I think you will agree. Post back when you are done!

Will do. My internet crapped out, so the download is taking longer than expected, so it looks like I won't be able to play until tomorrow.

Ah well...

I bought this knowing nothing about this game other than the few screenshots I had seen :lol Never saw a trailer or anything. Didn't even know about the games major mechanic.

This is the best way to play such story driven games. I feel we're sometimes too exposed to games before release nowadays.

Gbraga

The performance on PC is as good as you would expect. I have a 680, locked 60fps at 3200x1800.

Or at least it was, a 36mb patch came out and my game won't work anymore. Oh well.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's working again because reasons.

CrazyDude

US PSN Customers will be able to purchase the complete season on the 3rd Feb. EP 1 and Season pass are available now

According to @LifeIsStrange

It's listed but I can't purchase it yet.

Top Bottom