• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

I think the 100% attack boost to Randy's passive is in response to the fact doublehand isn't the in thing for JP. I mean he gets 210% attack in passives alone if you do that which is straight nuts. DW doubles your attacks though so it's hard to beat though.

And yeah don't think you can stack dh in global.

Edit. Damn, I didn't I could get my Randy up so high. I gave him my gear from Orlandu and this is him before ability enhancement.

iqA6dyD.jpg

Razmos

And in JP you can stack them :D. I have 8 Bartz and not interested to start to make one DH in GL. I just don't see the benefits for wasting time to obatin DH.
I'm tempted to get Doublehand for Demon Rain for physical heavy fights. 70%+ Counter rate with a high attack could be pretty great

Rixa

I'm tempted to get Doublehand for Demon Rain for physical heavy fights. 70%+ Counter rate with a high attack could be pretty great

Not sure, but would it be better with Dual Wielding and possible equipping some status weapons. Obviously this depends if enemy is immune to statuses.

Also, no clue how high damage (and atk) diffrence there is between DH + Single weapon vs DW + 2 Weapons.

Razmos

Not sure, but would it be better with Dual Wielding and possible equipping some status weapons. Obviously this depends if enemy is immune to statuses.

Also, no clue how high damage (and atk) diffrence there is between DH + Single weapon vs DW + 2 Weapons.
Well in Demon Rain's case he has Doublehand innate, so he can't use Dual Wield but he can stack 2 Doublehand

Rixa

Well in Demon Rain's case he has Doublehand innate, so he can't use Dual Wield but he can stack 2 Doublehand

Yes. But what I mean is to give him DW ability, like you would give DW to CoD / Bartz / Donkey Kong / Garland (who has innate DH boost too)...

Demon Rain 6*
Increase equipment ATK (50%) when single wielding

Garland 6*
+25% ATK when equipped with Greatsword & +25% ATK when equipped with Helm
Equip ATK Bonus +50% when only using one hand
I think in Global Garland with Doublehand will be better than DR :/. Ok their role is different. So...

I was kinda curious what kind of ATK I could build with Demon Rain DH vs DW (Genji Glove). Only thing Iam missing (doing them now) is Champion's Belt / Bracers and well DoubleHand (cause I don't see point to grind it)

DOUBLEHANDED

Demon Rain 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Excalibur +120ATK
Head: Dark Helm +14ATK+20DEF
Body: Force Armor +51DEF+13SPR+10%Fire/Ice/Lightning
Accessory 1: Champion's Belt +30ATK/DEF & 20%ATK/DEF w/ Fist weapon
Accessory 2: Champion's Belt +30ATK/DEF & 20%ATK/DEF w/ Fist weapon
Ability 1: Power of Creation +30% ATK +30% MAG
Ability 2: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Ability 3: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Ability 4: Doublehand +50% Equipment ATK
Esper: Ifrit HP:4500 MP:2200 ATK:5100 DEF:2800 MAG:2100 SPR:2100
Total Stats: HP: 5497 MP: 233 ATK: 748 DEF: 301 MAG: 282 SPR: 170

DUAL WIELD

Demon Rain 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Excalibur +120ATK
Left Hand: Excalibur +120ATK
Head: Dark Helm +14ATK+20DEF
Body: Force Armor +51DEF+13SPR+10%Fire/Ice/Lightning
Accessory 1: Genji Glove +10%ATK/MAG & Dual Wield
Accessory 2: Champion's Belt +30ATK/DEF & 20%ATK/DEF w/ Fist weapon
Ability 1: Power of Creation +30% ATK +30% MAG
Ability 2: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Ability 3: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Ability 4: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Esper: Ifrit HP:4500 MP:2200 ATK:5100 DEF:2800 MAG:2100 SPR:2100
Total Stats: HP: 5916 MP: 233 ATK: 699 DEF: 271 MAG: 329 SPR: 170

Why does Doublehand suck :(. Obviously I would go with Dual Wield instead Doublehand if I had Demon Rain.

Razmos

Pretty sure he CAN use DW, he just loses the innate DH bonus when doing so.

Yes. But what I mean is to give him DW ability, like you would give DW to CoD / Bartz / Donkey Kong / Garland (who has innate DH boost too)...

I think in Global Garland with Doublehand will be better than DR :/. Ok their role is different. So...

I was kinda curious what kind of ATK I could build with Demon Rain DH vs DW (Genji Glove). Only thing Iam missing (doing them now) is Champion's Belt / Bracers and well DoubleHand (cause I don't see point to grind it)

Why does Doublehand suck :(. Obviously I would go with Dual Wield instead Doublehand if I had Demon Rain.
Oooh I see

But does dual wield double the counters? Does the counter use the attack of just the first weapon? Or both combined?

If it does only use the attack of the first weapon, then Doublehand would be better for the pure damage

Also does the calculation take into account the innate Doublehand too?

Chinner

Banned
Duel wield is obviously superior to double hand, but it you only double hand then the 50% attack passive it gives for equipment is alot better than nothing.

Double hand should be beefed up though to make it more competitive. Maybe 75% attack passive and reduced mana cost.

Won't happen obviously lols

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Basically there has been 2. Both obviously contained units that were available only limited time.

- Fencer 3* 4*
- Karl 4*

No love for +%ATK over 10% :/

Never realized that - glad i didnt fuse my 2 Karls...would have regretted it by now.

Razmos

Duel wield is obviously superior to double hand, but it you only double hand then the 50% attack passive it gives for equipment is alot better than nothing.
True but Demon Rain is a rather unique case due to focusing on counters and having innate Doublehand already. For everyone else Dual Wield is better

Rixa

Yes. But you need to have Bracers or Champions Belts or something similar. If not, then Hero's Rings and +10% atk can be better than Doublehand taking one ability slot.

Thus Doublehand needs atleast 2 more TM items to farm and they are base 4* / 5* units who you need to have. Whereas Dual Wield just needs Dual Wield and everything else can be gained without much of grinding.

Never realized that - glad i didnt fuse my 2 Karls...would have regretted it by now.

Yup. You did good :). Also do remember that we get alteast 1 event where those Karl's should give bonus points (75% per Karl). Thats when Tilith 6* should hit. Or is it bonus point event?

Valentus

Dual weild is better but not for reasons exposed here.

Garland enhacements give innate dh 100% plus another dh, thats 150% atk power

Rixa

Dual weild is better but not for reasons exposed here.

Garland enhacements give innate dh 100% plus another dh, thats 150% atk power

I left enhancements outside of discussion. Reason, we don't know how Gumi will handle enhancements and will they be given same timeline than JP had.

So with the new EX points, you get a guaranted 5* ticket at about 200€/$ then every 600€/$ (for the reward list reset).
More info : https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...ront&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=FFBraveExvius

Yeah, see my post 9742.

Chinner

Banned
Yes. But you need to have Bracers or Champions Belts or something similar. If not, then Hero's Rings and +10% atk can be better than Doublehand taking one ability slot.

Thus Doublehand needs atleast 2 more TM items to farm and they are base 4* / 5* units who you need to have. Whereas Dual Wield just needs Dual Wield and everything else can be gained without much of grinding.
No disagreements here! It's just that some of us haven't been lucky enough to pull a unit with DW!

Your right Doublehand needs high attack to really benefit. You don't get any bonuses that work on a %. It's why I'm cooking up two bracers for my Noctis!

Kouriozan

The most expensive purchase you can do in the Japanese version is 8,800 yen which is about 71€ so I thought about putting it at 80€ just to be safe in my previous math but we don't have the same amount of lapis than them so it'll be difficult to guess how much EX points our version will give. Wait and see in 7/8 months.

Rixa

No disagreements here! It's just that some of us haven't been lucky enough to pull a unit with DW!

Your right Doublehand needs high attack to really benefit. You don't get any bonuses that work on a %. It's why I'm cooking up two bracers for my Noctis!

It took 7 months to get first Dual Wield ability and that was after Rare crystal gacha change. Gilgamesh / Genji Glove was my first unit that made equipping 2 weapons possible :p.

Its really sad at what situation Doublehand is now. So much needed to get it work :/.

Alkez

Finally got Dual Cast this morning. Even though I have dual wield this feels like the first real game changing TM for me. Having turns where I need to raise/esuna/stona and heal where frustrating. Glad those days are behind me now. Looking at it I probably could have used one my stored moogles but what's done is done.

So I took on elite this morning and beat Dark Fina. However I evoked the esper on the kill, and the animation played, but then no attack happened and it didn't count towards the challenge. Is it worth doing it again tomorrow for the extra 10 lapis? Or should I just stick to doing beginner now?

Rixa

So I took on elite this morning and beat Dark Fina. However I evoked the esper on the kill, and the animation played, but then no attack happened and it didn't count towards the challenge. Is it worth doing it again tomorrow for the extra 10 lapis? Or should I just stick to doing beginner now?

100 Lapis = Full nrg
ELT = 15 nrg
its worth if you nrg max is over 150 and you don't mind the time it takes to go thru that bs again with those cutscenes you cant skip.

I won't bother doing them if I miss 10 / 20 Lapis from missions. If prizes in missions are different then obviously trying to do so that I get everything I want.

Rootbeer

Banned
did the guide have another way to set up macros for nox on mac?

yeah looks like your script manager will be in the HiroMacro thing (whatever that is) and not Nox itself

nox crashes on mac for me as soon as I try to enter the options menu :( so can't change resolution

Lom1lo

Should I buy the dark fina awakening special ?
My df is currently level 45 and I have arround 6000 lapis.
I have no idea how long it takes to get her to 80 and all mats.

SeanTSC

And finished my Sakurafubuki:

Making good progress. Atk is currently 727 with Diabolos (pic is with Ifrit). Working on PoC, Bracer2, and Hayate helm and that's all the items I have left for Noctis Prime atm.

Also, I just bought 10 more Friend Slots, so will add some more people from Gaf (make sure it's in your tag).

434 572 945

Rootbeer

Banned
I only have room for one more TM in my current rotation. Help me decide!

Ring of the Lucii or Celestial Gloves?

Leaning for the Ring but the gloves would be pretty dang sweet too. But generally I get the impression I should favor TMs that enhance functionality over stats, as they have the most immediate benefit. Thoughts?

Just to jump on the bandwagon a bit, I increased my friend slots as well. I have four openings if there's anyone out there that wants to add me that doesn't have me on the list already.

I'm not a powerhouse, but I always share the best I got.

715,699,683 (CrazyIvn)

Niahak

If it lasted longer I'd say hold out and see how the event goes since you'll be able to get all event materials and a ton of cactaurs, but there's no guarantee how many event points you'll be able to get (hopefully GAF friends can carry you through the highest level event dungeon) -- I could see the awakening special being more useful to new players since it gives you a bigger head start than the lapis would if you refilled energy. Most people here don't think it's a good trade, but they have multiple maxed 6* and a much bigger energy pool.

IIRC the cactaurs from that special are probably enough to get you to 6* but not much past there. Statwise you're probably better off holding off on an awakening until you have 20 or so gigantaurs in reserve to push her back up to lvl 40ish.

Others will probably add in their perspectives, but I'd be on the fence leaning towards getting the pack if I were in your position - you want to get up and running as soon as possible, and you still have a good amount of lapis you can get from finishing out the story.

TM end in sight... doing a quintet of Leos now. I need the break. This weekend I'll likely burn lapis to finish off 2 Bracers, 2 Seals of Destruction, and Celestial Gloves.

After that, one final push for one more BM, one more Black Cowl, and Ring of the Lucii.

(I could focus on Champion Belts and 5x Xiao for Firion eventually, but that can mercifully be a slow burn.)

I actually think that by next-next weekend I won't have to overnight TM farm, thanks to rank ups.

KeRaSh

And finished my Sakurafubuki:

Making good progress. Atk is currently 727 with Diabolos (pic is with Ifrit). Working on PoC, Bracer2, and Hayate helm and that's all the items I have left for Noctis Prime atm.

Also, I just bought 10 more Friend Slots, so will add some more people from Gaf (make sure it's in your tag).

434 572 945

What do you have equipped in your ability slots? My Noctis got max ATK pots, has DW, BM and ATK+10% equipped with similar gear (only difference is the bracer where I currently have another Hero Ring until my Braced is finished...) and I'm at 675 atk with Diabolos.

Vitanimus

Is it worth removing a Destroyer's Authority or an ATK +10% materia and replacing it with barrage on a Noctis? My Noctis is at 511 atk at the moment.

Chinner

Banned
Why do you want to give Noctis barrage? Barrage is 320% damage over 4 hits (. 80 per hit) and is spread across randomly depending if there's more than one enemy.

The flask attacks do 4x damage and is aoe. Warp attack does 2.5x damage with 40% def ignore on one enemy.

Noctis doesn't really need barrage. DKC Maybe, but Noctis has Aoe and single attacks that'll do better damage with status effects or breaks.

SeanTSC

What do you have equipped in your ability slots? My Noctis got max ATK pots, has DW, BM and ATK+10% equipped with similar gear (only difference is the bracer where I currently have another Hero Ring until my Braced is finished...) and I'm at 675 atk with Diabolos.

Just two 10% Atk materias. My Espers are level 40 and my atk pots are maxed as well.

udca

Wow good job on getting greats TMs everybody. I recently finished Champion's belt x2, xiao's fist weapon, second dual cast and Minerva bustier. I'm now hesitating between hp + 30%, ribbon or aegis shield as I have pretty much the best offensive TMs (besides brave suit and moonlight blade). Hmmmm which one should I choose?

Syntsui

HP+30% + Aegis Shield for Refia/Tilith/Cecil definetly. Considering you have your DPS characters set, time to focus on support. Ribbon is a waste of slot IMO.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

It has been super useful for me so far.

I went from not getting a single win in the Arena to a 30+ win streak.
She now outdamages the rest of my team combined (5 star Luneth, White Knight Noel, CoD, 4 star Refia).
During the event Pro stage dual Ultimas almost matched the damage the steroid-induced friend Noctis was putting out.
When the next event comes around I'll likely be able to do a harder difficulty to farm 6 star mats for the rest of my units, than if I didn't have her awakened.

In terms of Lapis usage, it's more logical to hold off on it and save the Lapis. The awakening materials / XP boosts will come over time. But for immediate quality of life, it has been a great choice for a beginner like me.

Alkez

HP+30% + Aegis Shield for Refia/Tilith/Cecil definetly. Considering you have your DPS characters set, time to focus on support. Ribbon is a waste of slot IMO.

Not in the arena lol. I'm making Ribbons for my arena team so I don't have to deal with stone and sleep. Wish it would stop Stop though.

Syntsui

Not in the arena lol. I'm making Ribbons for my arena team so I don't have to deal with stone and sleep. Wish it would stop Stop though.

Sleep is not really a problem, at least I don't rememeber to ever be afflicted by it even when facing the top players.There's also enough anti-petrify accessories available for free that makes it a non-issue. The lapis would be better used in other important support TMs IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom