• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

iiicon

April is a murderer's row of indie games, isn't it. I'm most interested in Cosmic Star Heroine and What Remains of Edith Finch, but the Low Road is right up my alley as well, and I haven't even touched Thimbleweed Park or Rain World.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
It doesn't seem like a lot of people have caught on to Humble's April 1st prank? It's a lot like the Freedom bundle in terms of value. Someone should probably a make a thread about it, since 668 bundles sold seems kinda low.

https://www.humblebundle.com/wikipedia

https://pediapress.com/books/show/7b16369716590cfad2b724966c2d4/

35$ Tier:

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle 1

World of Goo
Aquaria (video game)
Gish (video game)
Penumbra: Overture
Lugaru
Samorost 2

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle 2

Braid (video game)
Cortex Command
Machinarium
Osmos
Revenge of the Titans

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle 3

Crayon Physics Deluxe
Cogs (video game)
VVVVVV
Hammerfight
And Yet It Moves
Steel Storm
Atom Zombie Smasher

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle 4

Jamestown: Legend of the Lost Colony
Bit.Trip Runner
Super Meat Boy
Shank (video game)
Nicklas Nygren
Cave Story
Gratuitous Space Battles

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle V

Bastion (video game)
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Limbo (video game)
Psychonauts
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Lone Survivor (video game)

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle 6

Torchlight
Rochard
Shatter (video game)
Space Pirates and Zombies
Vessel (video game)
Dustforce
Wizorb

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle 7

The Binding of Isaac (video game)
Closure (video game)
Shank 2
Snapshot (video game)
Indie Game: The Movie
Legend of Grimrock
Dungeon Defenders
The Basement Collection
Offspring Fling

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle 8

Thomas Was Alone
Capsized (video game)
Dear Esther
Awesomenauts
Little Inferno
Hotline Miami
Proteus (video game)
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers
English Country Tune
Oil Rush

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle 9

Trine 2
Mark of the Ninja
Brütal Legend
FTL: Faster Than Light
Fez (video game)
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle X

To the Moon
Joe Danger 2: The Movie
Papo & Yo
Runner2
Reus (video game)
Surgeon Simulator 2013
Starbound
Hoard (video game)
Strike Suit Zero
Toki Tori 2

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle 11

Guacamelee!
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
The Swapper
Antichamber
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle 12

SteamWorld Dig
Hammerwatch
Gunpoint (video game)
Prison Architect
Papers, Please
Luftrausers
Gone Home
The Bridge (video game)
Race the Sun (video game)

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle 13

OlliOlli
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Tower of Guns
Teleglitch
Shadowrun Returns
Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
Jazzpunk
Risk of Rain
The Novelist
Eldritch (video game)
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle 14

Pixel Piracy
Unepic
Outlast
Torchlight II
La-Mulana
140 (video game)
The Incredible Machine (series)
Shadow Warrior (2013 video game)

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle 15

Gang Beasts
Skullgirls
Planetary Annihilation
Xenonauts
Sir, You Are Being Hunted
Q.U.B.E.
Goodbye Deponia
Deponia (video game)
Chaos on Deponia

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle 16

Retro City Rampage
Never Alone (video game)
Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power
Door Kickers
Sunless Sea
Duet (video game)
Forced

Chapter: Humble Indie Bundle 17

Lethal League
The Beginner's Guide
Galak-Z: The Dimensional
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Super Time Force
Nuclear Throne

Chapter: To be continued...

I'd wager the To be continued implies more will be added later.

I forgot about Cosmic Star Heroine... what have I done?

Looking forward to it as well, but P5 has already stretched my budget thin. The age of wantonly buying games only dawns when Total Warhammer releases new stuff.

Lomax

It doesn't seem like a lot of people have caught on to Humble's April 1st prank? It's a lot like the Freedom bundle in terms of value. Someone should probably a make a thread about it, since 668 bundles sold seems kinda low.

[snip]
Chapter: To be continued...

I'd wager the To be continued implies more will be added later.

Wait, is it confirmed to include the actual games? Because I'm pretty sure it's just a book print of the article about the bundles.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Wait, is it confirmed to include the actual games? Because I'm pretty sure it's just a book print of the article about the bundles.

This is what it says:

"Humble Bundle - Games from Humble Indie Bundle 1-17
The Internet
Redemption deadline is April 18th, 2017 @ 11:59 PM Pacific. Copies estimated to ship by April 30th. Redeem via your Download Page."

I haven't bought it, but I'd be really surprised if they were pretending to sell you games.

I'll do you one better
sLproyE.gif
B20LcSr.gif

I support this message.

SEGA needs to get that shit remastered for glorious 4k vision, stat. There is no good reason for the best games to be stuck in console hell.

zkylon

zkylewd
Are there consequences in STALKER shadow of chernobyl? I killed everyone in the starting area to get their equipment.

that was probably not the greatest of ideas since it'll make things difficult early on but i'm pretty sure u can keep playing and it won't matter

i think the faction stuff is more important in clear skies

Between the surprise bayonetta steam tease and the surpise first episode of Rick and Morty Season 3, this has been one of the better april 1st trolls in a while.

zkylon

zkylewd
So I've never seen GitS apart from an episode that I didn't understand at all. Should I be buying its episodes on Steam lol?
watch the animated movie

people also seem to really like stand alone complex (i don't agree but to each their own) so maybe look into that, but definitely give the movie a watch

illusionary

This is what it says:

"Humble Bundle - Games from Humble Indie Bundle 1-17
The Internet
Redemption deadline is April 18th, 2017 @ 11:59 PM Pacific. Copies estimated to ship by April 30th. Redeem via your Download Page."

I haven't bought it, but I'd be really surprised if they were pretending to sell you games.

The pediapress.com page includes a preview, which certainly makes it look like an actual physical book - especially with options for hardcover binding and colour interior

As for the "Wikpedia Bundle...

The Humble Wikipedia Bundle [edit]

This article is about the three-day Humble Bundle. For free access to the contents of the bundle, see Wikipedia.

The Humble Wikipedia Bundle 2016 Edition (/'eɪprəl 'fuːlz 'bʌndəl/) contains "the greatest content Humble Bundle has ever offered."[1] This unprecedented bundle includes 100% of human knowledge[citation needed] and probably some knowledge from extraterrestrials, too (see Reptilians).

There are currently over 5,372,700 articles (at least 200,000 hours of reading, but math is hard) in English Wikipedia.[needs update] You can already read any of the content whenever you want, but when you purchase this bundle, we'll dump it all into your lap.

Yes, you will seriously get over five million articles, jammed into ridiculously large DRM-free image-free text files. For $35 USD, we'll also mail a physical volume on one of our favorite topics to your doorstep. Your friends will be impressed.[disputed - discuss]

So why buy the cow when you can have the milk for free? Because then you'll have a cow, and cows are awesome.[clarification needed] Also, 100% of your payment will go to the Wikimedia Foundation, the nonprofit charitable organization that operates Wikipedia. With enough donations, they could stop putting up those yellow boxes (see Deadpool).

Considering how much of your life you've lost to Wikipedia, you should consider just giving them your money, too.[2]

See also:
Where did my entire afternoon go
Seriously, where did it go

[1] ^ Us (2017).
[2] ^ Also us (2017).

shockdude

The Wikipedia Bundle might also be some sort of announcement/advertisement that you can order bound print copies of Wikipedia articles in the first place.

Kudo

Does playtimes idled with Idlemaster reset? I think read that they do like year ago but can't remember.

Huh, just noticed that Thea: The Awakening (that glorious 4X I keep talking about every few months) had a sequel announced:

Thea 2: The Shattering
1d88e7e42b0d2d74eb452cdf5ea31e5afe8c5dd5.jpg

Coming in 2018, Thea 2 will be a story-driven, strategy-survival 4X set in a world where the forces of light and darkness are ravaging the lands. Those who still eke out their existence in this lonely land strive for survival and dominance over the fractured territories. Assume the role of a deity, choose your champions, and survive Thea!

Like the original, Thea 2 will reshape your expectations, featuring a dynamic mixture of genres including 4X, strategy, survival, Rogue-like, RPG, and card games all set in a Slavic-inspired dark fantasy world.

• Explore – traverse large, varied maps with multiple unique biomes, mysterious islands that can be settled, rivers and seas, beautiful resources and fearsome creatures to kill or befriend. Find, explore, and conquer a range of different dungeons to secure lands and discover rare artifacts
  • Expand – play as a lonesome nomad – a hero without a home seeking only adventure- or set up multiple camps and multiple villages to claim your own fiefdom. Fight or befriend opposing factions to keep your people safe
  • Exploit – find precious resources, learn new procedurally-generated recipes, and craft your way to victory!
  • Exterminate – fight against the many beasts of Thea! Kill off threatening factions or hunt down rogue demons, challenge concepts like weather, or turmoil and beings alike using swords, intelligence, or the power of faith!

Key features:

• Co-op and single player gameplay – survive Thea with friends or solo
  • New, deeper and improved tactical card game to resolve challenges and encounters
  • Randomly generated, vast hex maps to explore
  • Slavic mythology and folklore
  • Hundreds of stories and quests to discover
  • Event editor gives you the ability to make your own adventure
  • Extensive modding and scripting available
  • Meet the vast array of factions that populate Thea and choose diplomacy or warfare as your path
  • Customize existing gods to match your playstyle
  • Control multiple villages simultaneously
  • Explore endless combinations of attributes and skills for your “chosen ones”

[source]
There's some pics, but it still seems very early, no real gameplay images.

Get hyped, SteamGAF. Total Warhammer and Paradox just got some competition.
NUyttbn.gif

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-5F552519AF553918 - Taken by Tizoc. 1 entrants total. - Taken by illusionary. 3 entrants total.
Mystery Gift #2 -- MB-F570976F987B7457 - Taken by KainXVIII. 5 entrants total.
Mystery Gift #3 -- MB-9FADCBB9A6E4966F - Taken by Mavromatis. 4 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Mystery Gift #4 failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Mystery Gift #5 failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1491127211z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom