• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite: Battle Royale |OT| 100 Players on Epic Battlegrounds

For new players - beware. If you're building up in the air, you can have your walls\floors shot out from under you.

Never do what this guy did....

I was too dumb to realize that if you shoot out the bottom of the stairs, everything else falls down with it as there is nothing rooting it to the ground.

If someone is hiding behind a tree, destroy the tree :p

And if someone has a pretty nice fort, here's how to completely destroy their spirits.

Don't underestimate the burst rifle. It's pretty good.

After about 10 games now, yeah, it's fun :D some rough framerate issues though on the PS4Pro.

Building and demolition aspect brings a good change of pace to the Battlegrounds approach, can't just camp back against a wall safely as it can be torn down :D

Maximus P

That fast dying can get annoying very fast. Don't how long the fun holds up here. At least in solo mode.

Change your tactics. Especially where you drop.

I find the area around lonely Lodge seems to be good. Don't try to drop on houses or open areas and stay on the outside of the circle to the last minute unless the circle spawns on you.

Also, headphones are a must. Turn up the volume and try to crouch around rather than run. You'll hear enemies coming and sometimes it will be best not to engage, especially if you have no shield or/and are low on weapons and ammo. Don't be affraid to run away from the sound of your opponents footsteps.

jet1911

What are you seeing?

sanstitrefoxse.png

And if I click on the Play Now button on the launcher

sanstitre12ryxb.png

Maximus P

Strangely enough, the lobbies seem to fill up less quick right now on xbox one. I was constantly getting 90+ player games on Friday and now I've just been put in a game with 42 people. I guess people are still updating right now.

arimanius

Not feeling the health/hit detection in this game.

I'm blowing people away, to only have them turn around and kill me with 2 shots.

It's pretty bad.

Remember there are different quality weapons in the game. So if you are shooting someone with a common rifle and they turn around and hit you with an epic one it's going to hurt a lot more.

Archtreyz

This game is a lot of fun and feels more polished than PUBG. I do wish there was more emphasis on building. And vehicles need to happen!

Strangely enough, the lobbies seem to fill up less quick right now on xbox one. I was constantly getting 90+ player games on Friday and now I've just been put in a game with 42 people. I guess people are still updating right now.

It's not available yet on xbone

The shooting could be tightened up a bit but maybe that's because I'm used to more realistic-esque third person shooters. Other than that it's a blast. Just have to get used to the building controls on console.

Might give it a shot on PC but my GPU only has 1gb vram and after trying Paragon on lowest settings and it running awful I'm doubtful Fortnite would fair too much better. I could be wrong though. We'll see.

So you spend 5 mins waiting and running around, then die instantly. Repeat. Is that it?

Why are you dying instantly? Last night I landed at Anarchy Acres and only found a pistol. Still took out 2 people with assault rifles. Aim for the head.

Also, crouching helps a TON with accuracy. Shotguns are OP in close range. The burst rifle is a headshot generator.

Died because I taunted by accident, wow.

Couldnt find a single weapon anywhere. Pretty fun, but Im hoping for a bigger map soon and vehicles

I am really enjoying that this is on console

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Accuracy while crouched is really good. And headshots are... headshots. Like any game, people die fast to them :)

Still feels a bit fast for my tastes, I'd definitely tweak the TTK a little if I were them.

Top Bottom