• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony files three patents for Glove Controller for use with PlayStation VR

HF2014

Didnt fully understand all these schema, but a VR with dual gloves could make something extremely spectacular. Imagine yourself playing Dark Souls VR, doing a roll to dodge in your living room, use your left hand to bash and your right hand to swing....i would be really jawdropped!!!

Joystick

That's why i think there is a camera In the Headset. The LED's in the wristband can't be tracked by a facing Cam.

Or possibly two lights per glove on opposite sides, or just use the accelerometer and gyroscope data until the light is visible again.

Stiler

Didnt fully understand all these schema, but a VR with dual gloves could make something extremely spectacular. Imagine yourself playing Dark Souls VR, doing a roll to dodge in your living room, use your left hand to bash and your right hand to swing....i would be really jawdropped!!!

lol people are quickly going to find out that rolling is utterly ridiculous and makes no sense over simple yet way-more effective quicksteps and leaps.

Jashobeam

untitled-3squpk.png

Got a laugh from this pic in the morning, came back to the thread for another laugh, did not dissapoint lol.

onQ123

[boots]

JUST posted in another thread about how these gloves would make for amazing Spider-man and AoT gaming experiences.

Can also add MLB as well.

gafneo

Banned
Instead of wearing a glove, why not use a plate above the hand? Wearing these things is going to feel like a ton of work. It will be like dressing to goto the prom just to play video games. Just imagine a plate that takes an xray of your hand. Would see all structual movement. Who wants things covering their whole hand or a wrist that they will have to unbuckle?

I think this could be cool just for the idea that it can track each individual finger's movement. However, I think this should be used in addition to accessories like one of those PS Move guns. I think seeing your fingers accurately grip the weapon would help for realism.

Phased

If Sony releases some kind of Theater mode app for the PSVR I'll buy it day one. That's all I really want VR for since it seems really cool, but the games would be a nice benefit.

odhiex

Now I am getting more interested in these... LOL. Imagine that this shall be the 2nd gen of PSMove. Do it, Sony!!.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Back in the 90's
"Genesis does what Nintendon't"

Nowadays
Sony does what Nintendid

War has changed

fvng

Back in the 90's
"Genesis does what Nintendon't"

Nowadays
Sony does what Nintendid

War has changed

Implying what Nintendo did was in any way near to what modern HMDs are doing. Shit the VB wasn't even as good other HMDs of the 90s that got everyone excited about VR in the first place

These fanboy comments are cringe

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
as a high end vr user (oculus rift) i can't wait for the ps5 to come and buy the psvr 2 day 1 with better tracking.

Implying what Nintendo did was in any way near to what modern HMDs are doing. Shit the VB wasn't even as good other HMDs of the 90s that got everyone excited about VR in the first place

These fanboy comments are cringe

Pretty sure it was a light hearted joke.

I wonder why your jimmies were rustled so hard?

Roni

Gold Member
We're gonna need something like that for most major joints in our body for the game to get truly interesting.

Blam

I am actually surprised Sony hasn't comeback with this. In a time where this could be extremely useful for VR. This is needed.

Top Bottom