• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomi Lahren has bisexual Youtuber thrown out of party for holding hands w/ bf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy

Yeah i noticed i left the unsavory part in. It has nothing to do with them being gay. Its about what they thought would get the biggest reaction from Lahren is what I'm saying here. Clearly they were trying to get her riled up. But being gay in and of itself is not disruptive.

You still used the word unsavory, which is disgusting.

RedHill

Banned
Yeah i noticed i left the unsavory part in. It has nothing to do with them being gay. Its about what they thought would get the biggest reaction from Lahren is what I'm saying here. Clearly they were trying to get her riled up. But being gay in and of itself is not disruptive.
And that's wrong because? She's the bigot. I'm getting a bit tired of straight people expecting gay people to walk on eggshells because someone has a prejudice. I'm not here to make you feel comfortable. Also your use of the word unsavory in this case is repulsive.

CloudWolf

Shane Dawson, now there's a name I haven't heard in a loooooong time.

Tomi Lahren is human trash, so this doesn't surprise me at all.

I never mentioned a code of conduct. I said when you enter a lion's den, prepare to be scrutinized. it's a simple two and two. I did not wish harm on anyone. nor did I justify their treatment.

There it is. People aren't lions. This could've easily been avoided with a "do you mind?" rather than a forceful ejection from a party.

As an aside, not arguing from a "she can't do this" angle, but more from a normative point of "people shouldn't be so fragile as to call security when people kiss each other".

Maybe they were trying to get a reaction, but when your reaction is one of an offended homophobic who throws at them security guards to kick them out of a party, because they are a left apologists (god forbids the possibility of being gay and conservative) or something is not a reasoned, normal and proper human reaction to a gay couple kissing in front of you.

daffy

Banned
And that's wrong because? She's the bigot. I'm getting a bit tired of straight people expecting gay people to walk on eggshells because someone has a prejudice. I'm not here to make you feel comfortable. Also your use of the word unsavory in this case is repulsive.
Its wrong because its really disrespectful to do that during an innocent photo op. Really no point in it. But clearly the ill thought out Disney analogy and copy paste of the word unsavory has led me into a full blown caper for Tomi Lahren which is my personal shame.

There it is. People aren't lions. This could've easily been avoided with a "do you mind?" rather than a forceful ejection from a party.

As an aside, not arguing from a "she can't do this" angle, but more from a normative point of "people shouldn't be so fragile as to call security when people kiss each other".

People can be lions. As a minority, I know better than to step into a biker bar. The left/right divide has never been deeper in recent history as it is now. I'm not excusing Tomi's, or any of her cohorts behaviors at all. But if you know something about what a militant, right minded consciousness feeds upon, Shane and his partner were public enemy number one from inception onwards.

RedHill

Banned
Its wrong because its really disrespectful to do that during an innocent photo op. Really no point in it. But clearly the ill thought out Disney analogy and copy paste of the word unsavory has led me into a full blown caper for Tomi Lahren which is my personal shame.
And you should feel shame. You should feel shame that you think gay men kissing tainted an "innocent" photo op with racist Barbie. You should feel shame that you admittingly copy and pasted unsavory a multitude of times to let everyone know just HOW gross two gay men kissing was. It isn't duck season, daffy

novabolt

Maybe they were trying to get a reaction, but when your reaction is one of an offended homophobic who throws at them security guards to kick them out of a party, because they are a left apologists (god forbids the possibility of being gay and conservative) or something is not a reasoned, normal and proper human reaction to a gay couple kissing in front of you.

Why though? Just enjoy yourself or get out of there are quick as you can if you feel uncomfortable.

Oh my bad. I'm sorry. So homophobia is a yes, honey is a no? Just trying to figure it all out if you could be so kind to help me understand.

No, homophobia is not a "yes". Just because I think something you said wasn't great doesn't mean I'm entirely counter to your multitude of points. I don't even know why you'd assume that.

daffy

Banned
And you should feel shame. You should feel shame that you think gay men kissing tainted an "innocent" photo op with racist Barbie. You should feel shame that you admittingly copy and pasted unsavory a multitude of times to let everyone know just HOW gross two gay men kissing was. It isn't duck season, daffy
I mean, do you want some kerosene and a lit match too? I don't think them kissing tainted anything. I think it was a sort of agitative gesture for a photo op and likely that led to them being kicked out of a veteran's benefit. I copied it once to show parallels in a dumb analogy that i thought would be clear that i was operating from Tomi's point of view. It wasn't clear and that's my fault but from the start i was never supportive of her viewpoints or anything.

RedHill

Banned
No, homophobia is not a "yes". Just because I think something you said wasn't great doesn't mean I'm entirely counter to your multitude of points. I don't even know why you'd assume that.
Maybe because in a thread full of people defending a homophobe's actions you choose to point out something so petty and minor?

Maybe because in a thread full of people defending a homophobe's actions you choose to point out something so petty and minor?

Full? The majority of people here aren't defending her actions though, unless you consider the "what did he expect" comments to be on her side.

I just pointed out your name-calling because I was enjoying your arguments and then came across it. I find it makes the poster look bad.

weekev

Banned
Jeez this thread is on fire. Perhaps folks need to try and contextualise what others are saying, sorry for being a backseat moderator.

Obviously what Tomi did is disgusting, to be honest I'm surprised people are surprised. She's probably loving the publicity it's gotten her and will elevate her status amongst her right wing followers. Which makes it even more disgusting.

RedHill

Banned
Full? The majority of people here aren't defending her actions though, unless you consider the "what did he expect" comments to be on her side.

I just pointed out your name-calling because I was enjoying your arguments and then came across it. I find it makes the poster look bad.
Honey is not name calling

There it is. Liars getting outed.

If needed, we're going to see a whole social media crowd full of people backing her up.

They were thrown out for causing a scene, or did you choose to ignore most of her post.

If you believe that post of hers you are a dumbass. Word choice: She's clearly in show character and in full agenda.

marrec

Banned
It's a bit sad at this point that as soon as I saw he was a "YouTuber" I could not take his story at face value. I don't know the guy so I googled him and it doesn't appear he's done anything like this in the past so it seems odd he would stage a "protest" the way Tomi Lahren is describing.

If they were just kicked out for holding hands it's egregiously fucked.

The thing is.

If you got kicked out cause you staged a protest kiss in her face, why not own up to it? She's a bigot either way. If you get on Twitter and start lying about the events it gives her the moral high-ground, especially if there were cameras involved.

Either way, Tomi Lahren is a monster.

It's a bit sad at this point that as soon as I saw he was a "YouTuber" I could not take his story at face value. I don't know the guy so I googled him and it doesn't appear he's done anything like this in the past so it seems odd he would stage a "protest" the way Tomi Lahren is describing.

If they were just kicked out for holding hands it's egregiously fucked.

The thing is.

If you got kicked out cause you staged a protest kiss in her face, why not own up to it? She's a bigot either way. If you get on Twitter and start lying about the events it gives her the moral high-ground, especially if there were cameras involved.

Either way, Tomi Lahren is a monster.

The thing is, if their "scene"/"provocation" was literally just kissing each other, then the way NORMAL people would have responded would be to not give a shit.

The fact that two gay guys kissing is enough to get him kicked out just makes Tomi look like a bigoted piece of shit.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
I respect what he did if he did it to bring attention to the continued existence of hemophilia, but... why lie about what happened? Toni's version of the events was evidence enough that open gays weren't welcome there. Was he seriously just trying to get maximum sympathy points?

marrec

Banned
The thing is, if their "scene"/"provocation" was literally just kissing each other, then the way NORMAL people would have responded would be to not give a shit.

The fact that two gay guys kissing is enough to get him kicked out just makes Tomi look like a bigoted piece of shit.

That's my point! Why obfuscate with a story about "just holding hands"?

If we accept the narrative of Tomi, they clearly were there to disrupt, but in this case "disruption" means two boys kissing which wouldn't be a disruption anywhere else but a private party thrown by a bigot.

Clearly we can't just accept her version of the story either, she has shown time and time again that she will twist the truth and outright lie in order to promote herself and her agenda.

I'm gonna need more corroboration than her little "lol the left faggots" army to buy her side either.

Y'all taking her at face value when she got a long and easy to find history of lying out her ass

Shadybiz

Right. Tomi is simply trash.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
You don't see how physical pushback against Tomi's bigotry might put bigots in their place a little?

It would only reinforce their idea that the Liberal Left will stop at nothing to push their agenda, and when words fall short, they resort to violence. Fighting them with words will accomplish far more.

Sapiens

Here's my problem with gay people rubbing it in my face. You gotta keep that shit in the toilets and away from your wife! I'm trying to adhere to the pray my gay away training and it is very hard when I'm constantly being tempted - like all straight men are!

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I fucking hate Tomi Laharen. She's a terrible person so I can easily believe that she would do something like this. She's such a piece of shit.

bengraven

Here's my problem with gay people rubbing it in my face. You gotta keep that shit in the toilets and away from your wife! I'm trying to adhere to the pray my gay away training and it is very hard when I'm constantly being tempted - like all straight men are!

Wanna fuck?

My wife is okay with it. She says it's blowing off steam. She also doesn't mind me playing Culture Club while we have butt sex in the pitch dark and I call her Bill.

manakel

Oh, Shane... Shut up.

yxNgW3N.jpg

z136wfN.gif

p.s. I don't condone ms. Lahren in any way, but I don't think of Shane as any less messy.
Okay, but what does this have anything to do with the current situation? I can't stand when people dig through years old tweets to try and minimize what the current discussion is about. Yeah, what he said in those tweets is disgusting but I'm not sure how that's relevant to what happened with Tomi?

Although I am no fan of hers, despite her smoking hotness, I suspect Lahren is telling the truth. She may be a homophobe, but this incident doesn't hinge on that. When you ask a celebrity for a pic, and you pull a surprise move, don't cry when security tosses you out. If you think your stunt is an act of protest, then at least now you can call yourself a hero or whatever. If there wasn't risk, then what was the point?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Although I am no fan of hers, despite her smoking hotness, I suspect Lahren is telling the truth. She may be a homophobe, but this incident doesn't hinge on that. When you ask a celebrity for a pic, and you pull a surprise move, don't cry when security tosses you out. If you think your stunt is an act of protest, then at least now you can call yourself a hero or whatever. If there wasn't risk, then what was the point?

Yeah? It's okay for security to break your leg because you kissed your boyfriend? Yeah, that's a cool thing to do? Tomi should be protected from seeing such a thing at all cost, she's a special snowflake, is she?

It would only reinforce their idea that the Liberal Left will stop at nothing to push their agenda, and when words fall short, they resort to violence. Fighting them with words will accomplish far more.

Except the liberals and left DID try being respectful and all it got was these shitheads feeling emboldened to continue disrespecting us because they see respect and "political correctness" as a weakness.

They will claim our side is intolerant no matter what, so fearing that they'll do what they always do anyway is useless.

Look at how it turned out when Spencer got punched. Spencer didn't get emboldened by the punch, he instead got scared about it "becoming a meme". And when he says that, he doesn't simply mean he's scared of Internet jokes, but that the idea of punching people like him will become memetic.

Tomi and people like her love to talk tough when they think the other side is weak, but their facade falls apart as soon as the other side stops wasting time respecting them.

zeemumu

There it is. Liars getting outed.

If needed, we're going to see a whole social media crowd full of people backing her up.

They were thrown out for causing a scene, or did you choose to ignore most of her post.

Thing is, if you go by her story, that scene is still just kissing and her actions are still probably an overreaction.

Yeah? It's okay for security to break your leg because you kissed your boyfriend? Yeah, that's a cool thing to do? Tomi should be protected from seeing such a thing at all cost, she's a special snowflake, is she?

I don't know how the leg was broken, but that is irrelevant to the content of my post. I'd much prefer legs not be broken. I hope we get more footage.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Except the liberals and left DID try being respectful and all it got was these shitheads feeling emboldened to continue disrespecting us because they see respect and "political correctness" as a weakness.

Look at how it turned out when Spencer got punched. Spencer didn't get emboldened by the punch, he instead got scared about it "becoming a meme". And when he says that, he doesn't simply mean he's scared of Internet jokes, but that the idea of punching people like him will become memetic.

Tomi and people like her love to talk tough when they think the other side is weak, but their facade falls apart as soon as the other side stops wasting time respecting them.

So the only choice is either respect them an be polite around them, or physical violence?

OK.

I don't know how the leg was broken, but that is irrelevant to the content of my post. I'd much prefer legs not be broken. I hope we get more footage.

It's pretty relevant, because the securityguard that tossed them, broke the leg.

Okay, but what does this have anything to do with the current situation? I can't stand when people dig through years old tweets to try and minimize what the current discussion is about. Yeah, what he said in those tweets is disgusting but I'm not sure how that's relevant to what happened with Tomi?

b/c how do we know this actually happened when he is clearly a POS and loves attentinon?

You kinda lose the moral high ground when your past contains toxic shit like that...

b/c how do we know this actually happened when he is clearly a POS and loves attentinon?

And this.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Why the fuck are neo-nazi fascists having parties at Sundance? I'm sure I've missed something but, wtf? Aren't the "Hollywood lefties" one of America's most dangerous enemies to these people?

So the only choice is either respect them an be polite around them, or physical violence?

OK.

It's not just about the violence in and of itself. It's about showing people like Tomi that they CAN'T rely on assuming the other side will give them basic respect until they first show that respect to the other side.

Don't give them an inch or they will try to grab a mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom