• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

deanote666

That moment when you realize you've gotten 500m more lux than the rest of your party combined...

Only at 1.238B lux right now... Barely in the top 200 in the rankings.

New page, so I can ask a question.

I have ib&b with extra attack, and I have HD Namine with Extra attack. (With t&a, I get 6 gen up and 6 def down with just HD Namine and T&A)

So my question is, should I pull for 0.2 Kairi even though I already have things that give me gen attack 6?
The only reason I'm considering it, is because of hit counters. ib&b does 10 hits, and hd naime + t&a does 15 hits.
(I do have ikairi1 so that helps when I need to do less hits)

What do you all think? 15k jewels for a medal that'd only be slightly more useful?

(Am currently saving all my jewels for Ava)

deanote666

New page, so I can ask a question.

I have ib&b with extra attack, and I have HD Namine with Extra attack. (With t&a, I get 6 gen up and 6 def down with just HD Namine and T&A)

So my question is, should I pull for 0.2 Kairi even though I already have things that give me gen attack 6?
The only reason I'm considering it, is because of hit counters. ib&b does 10 hits, and hd naime + t&a does 15 hits.
(I do have ikairi1 so that helps when I need to do less hits)

What do you all think? 15k jewels for a medal that'd only be slightly more useful?

(Am currently saving all my jewels for Ava)

You still need 2 slots to get that +6 str while 0.2 kairi only needs 1. You might need your HD namine to copy a different medal.

While you have a way to reach your target buff/debuffs, it never hurts to have another way to do it, based on the situation (proud, need for defensive medals, etc.)

Just wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing constant connection errors? I've been getting them every so often since last week but I'm hoping that the next update will alleviate it.

Adeptrain

I'm going through that now! I ended up rerolling that account even though in retrospect I shouldn't have!!! I'm on my like 15th account reroll now. Once I settle on an account I'll definitely add you Adeptrain!

I really wish you luck! Rerolling is terrible with how long the process is! Also, I found out this game isn't an add friends kinda game...more like find a good party to play with. So, if you find a good party, hit me up :) I'm still looking.

Also, I learned a harsh lesson :/ I really like the game so bought the VIP pack and rolled on the roxas banner and got a second HD xion!!! And I heard about guilting so I immediately combined them thinking I'd get a shiny new special medal...nope! You gotta unlock the feature first :/ Sigh.....

Credo

Is there a site I can use to find recommendations about which skill medals to attach to my medals? I really don't want to have to bother you all every time a question comes to mind.

My main question now is what to attach to 0.2 Kairi. Only managed to get the aerial enemy DEF -60% trait :(

Is there a site I can use to find recommendations about which skill medals to attach to my medals? I really don't want to have to bother you all every time a question comes to mind.

My main question now is what to attach to 0.2 Kairi. Only managed to get the aerial enemy DEF -60% trait :(

I had DB3 on her until I had extra DB4 medals. I've also seen people use SC2 on her. Since she's not an offensive medal, having something like either a Defense Boost or Second Chance seems to make sense as she's going to be a medal on all keyblades imo.

deanote666

I pulled another 0.2 kairi while getting my mercy for HD Xion. Got a duplicate ability...

I now have 900m+ more lux than the rest of my party combined...

Fully guilted, she can do a over 100k of damage, depending on the slot and enemy with ABIII. Unless you don't have a medal with SCII on every keyblade, that's an option for her.

The general rule is defensive abilities on buffers and attack boosts on attack medals. She does a lot of damage but if you don't have a medal you use regularly with SCII, that's an option too.

I really wish you luck! Rerolling is terrible with how long the process is! Also, I found out this game isn't an add friends kinda game...more like find a good party to play with. So, if you find a good party, hit me up :) I'm still looking.

Also, I learned a harsh lesson :/ I really like the game so bought the VIP pack and rolled on the roxas banner and got a second HD xion!!! And I heard about guilting so I immediately combined them thinking I'd get a shiny new special medal...nope! You gotta unlock the feature first :/ Sigh.....

If you hadn't unlocked the guilt ability yet, try contacting SENA support, they've been known to refund medals if someone makes a mistake. They'll probably help you out, since you're new.

Famassu

Skills like Def Boost & Second chance for weak buffers that you use in all/most keyblade setups like 0.2 Kairi are always the way to go. If it's something like IlluTerra that buffs some but also is a strong attacker, then put as strong a Attack Boost to it as you can/want to. If it's a low gauge AOE (max 2 gauges), then AB + Attack Prize Plus is another one to think about.

Generally for attack medals, just put the best ABs to the strongest medals you see yourself using the most, lesser ones to ones that you aren't using all the time.

Sleep, poison and other shitty skills only for medals you almost never use but for the rare cases that you want to try to, say, put one annoying enemy to sleep.

Usually you want to have 1-2 medals in your setup that help you stay alive for at least 1-2 rounds longer (so high DBs and Second Chance) and the rest just have be as powerful as possible, because a vast majority of this game is about killing enemies as few rounds as possible, often 1.

For more special cases, you might want to put AB + Lux+ on medals that you happen to get Damage in raids +%40 trait to. Skill medals that only give SP Gauge 0, 1 or 2 are good for some better def buffers that have high costs and don't necessarily need skills like DB because they already buff your defense or AB because they aren't important for damage dealing.

I currently have 10 adamantite ore after catching up on today's adamantite quests. Which keyblades should I spend them on? I currently have Starlight, Treasure Trove, Lady Luck, Three Wishes, and Olympia. Also, all these keyblades are currently on level 21.

deanote666

If you hadn't unlocked the guilt ability yet, try contacting SENA support, they've been known to refund medals if someone makes a mistake. They'll probably help you out, since you're new.

SENA gives you 1 medal retrieval per account.

If you're looking for a more raid active party for raid week, let me know and I'm sure I can get you into the one I'm in.

(In unicornis)

Thanks for the offer but I'm in Vulpes. Maybe sometime in the future.

I currently have 10 adamantite ore after catching up on today's adamantite quests. Which keyblades should I spend them on? I currently have Starlight, Treasure Trove, Lady Luck, Three Wishes, and Olympia.

Depends on your medals. The best keyblade has the slots that accommodate your best medals with the best multipliers for those medals.There's enough adamantite to power up all the keyblades if you can do all the quests. Don't bother with Lady luck, three wishes, treasure trove. There's better keyblades with better slots later on if adamantite is scarce for you. Olympia is the best one in your list but only if you have the medals to fill it. Save for divine rose if you have good reverse speed and upright magic medals.

Psxphile

https://api-s.sp.kingdomhearts.jp/information/detail/32675

Google translate:
- you must complete story quest 14 before you can use the pet system
- you can use accessories to change a pet's appearance
- having a pet gives your player an additional 6th slot, adding one more attack to your
offense
- pets can be equipped with up to 6 medals, each medal has an exclusive value
that adds up and determines how high the 6th slot multiplier becomes through rank up
- a traited medal has a higher point value than the same medal w/ no traits
- pets have their own special skills that can be learned and will activate at random

Doesn't state what kinds of skills a pet can learn or how it learns it (accessories? medals? rank up?)

EDIT: oh wow they raised JP's level cap to 500.

Razmos

Google translate:
- having a pet gives your player an additional 6th slot, adding one more attack to your
offense
that adds up and determines how high the 6th slot multiplier becomes through rank up
- pets have their own special skills that can be learned and will activate at random

Doesn't state what kinds of skills a pet can learn or how it learns it (accessories? medals? rank up?)

Pretty much how I expected it to work. Looking forward to it.

Level 500 cap means more costumes wooo

Skittles

Google translate:
offense

I wonder if we'll still get the update tomorrow, or if itll get delayed a week.

We have 2, maybe 3 slots open in our party in unicornis if anyone wants to join

Loving all the QOL changes they keep adding:

Made some low tier fixed damage medals deal a bit more damage

Increased the poison damage limit

Adjusted the coliseum and HSC so you can clear your deck on completing the mission (thus hiding your setup from others)

Added guilt and trait filters
Raised the level cap to 500

Raised storage cap to 1300

Improved tutorial

Improved early story

Added a default avatar board

UX is unlocked at quest 24 (earlier)

Changed abilities for low rarity medals

Fixed phones going into sleep mode during AUTO raids

Google translate:
offense

For an update this big.
It's kinda vague.

I can't tell from the picture are we feeding the pet medals for a higher multiplier? Or just equipping them for a higher multiplier?

To copy friend medals, I wonder if we need to put HD Xion/Namine/Vantias into the pet slot instead of the last slot now...
That would be kinda lame.

I'm happy that they're fixing phones going into sleep mode during auto raids - that it happens is quite annoying, especially if you're doing something else while raiding.

As I said before, I hope that all my connection errors/slow loading will disappear after the new update...

Razmos

To copy friend medals, I wonder if we need to put HD Xion/Namine/Vantias into the pet slot instead of the last slot now...
That would be kinda lame.
Looks like it would go in the Pet Slot yeah.
But, 2.40 multiplier is pretty big and with no colour or upright/reversed requirements it would be a perfect slot for copy medals

Credo

I had DB3 on her until I had extra DB4 medals. I've also seen people use SC2 on her. Since she's not an offensive medal, having something like either a Defense Boost or Second Chance seems to make sense as she's going to be a medal on all keyblades imo.

Fully guilted, she can do a over 100k of damage, depending on the slot and enemy with ABIII. Unless you don't have a medal with SCII on every keyblade, that's an option for her.

The general rule is defensive abilities on buffers and attack boosts on attack medals. She does a lot of damage but if you don't have a medal you use regularly with SCII, that's an option too.

Skills like Def Boost & Second chance for weak buffers that you use in all/most keyblade setups like 0.2 Kairi are always the way to go. If it's something like IlluTerra that buffs some but also is a strong attacker, then put as strong a Attack Boost to it as you can/want to. If it's a low gauge AOE (max 2 gauges), then AB + Attack Prize Plus is another one to think about.

Generally for attack medals, just put the best ABs to the strongest medals you see yourself using the most, lesser ones to ones that you aren't using all the time.

Sleep, poison and other shitty skills only for medals you almost never use but for the rare cases that you want to try to, say, put one annoying enemy to sleep.

Usually you want to have 1-2 medals in your setup that help you stay alive for at least 1-2 rounds longer (so high DBs and Second Chance) and the rest just have be as powerful as possible, because a vast majority of this game is about killing enemies as few rounds as possible, often 1.

For more special cases, you might want to put AB + Lux+ on medals that you happen to get Damage in raids +%40 trait to. Skill medals that only give SP Gauge 0, 1 or 2 are good for some better def buffers that have high costs and don't necessarily need skills like DB because they already buff your defense or AB because they aren't important for damage dealing.

Thanks for your recommendations. I rolled a whopping 82% on Kairi 0.2, so using her as an attack medal in any form is out, and I already have second chance on KH2 iKairi, so I guess it would make the most sense to put DB3 or DB4 on her. Even if I attached something like AB3 or AB4 to her, it wouldn't help me to clear the things I can't currently clear in 1 turn. I'm lacking pretty badly in damage output, so I need to save those for when I finally pull a *really* good attack medal, if that day ever comes.

Psxphile

I can't tell from the picture are we feeding the pet medals for a higher multiplier? Or just equipping them for a higher multiplier?
There's a footnote that states medals aren't used up but can be freely exchanged.

But, 2.40 multiplier is pretty big and with no colour or upright/reversed requirements it would be a perfect slot for copy medals
I like that it's neutral w/ a high muliplier, but I wonder if that slot can be customized further. Like, using specific medals to induce changes in the 6th slot. Imagine placing all Upright or Reverse medals and changing the alignment of the slot w/ a higher bonus.

Razmos

I like that it's neutral w/ a high muliplier, but I wonder if that slot can be customized further. Like, using specific medals to induce changes in the 6th slot. Imagine placing all Upright or Reverse medals and changing the alignment of the slot w/ a higher bonus.
That would be very cool but I somehow doubt it

What's better on a medal. DB4 or DB2 max(since end of the month is near)

It's decent, but most end multipliers are 2.4 and higher... it'd be a downgrade for counterpoint for HD Namine.

There's a footnote that states medals aren't used up but can be freely exchanged.

Well that's good. Glad I didn't combine all my T&A yet. lol. Will see how big a level all 3 will make. Gonna be real interesting to see how big a multiplier is possible.

Skittles

It's decent, but most end multipliers are 2.4 and higher... it'd be a downgrade for counterpoint for HD Namine.

Well that's good. Glad I didn't combine all my T&A yet. lol. Will see how big a level all 3 will make. Gonna be real interesting to see how big a multiplier is possible.
Db2 max gives you more effective hp but won't be able to save you aganist super high level enemy hits while db 4 could

Famassu

Somewhat dependent on the enemy one is fighting against. DBIV can help you stay alive against powerful attacks that no amount of DBII activations will protect against. If it's a bunch of weaker (but still fairly strong) attacks, a guaranteed DBII will make things easier.

DBII Max is probably more useful in a vast majority of cases except some higher difficulty quests where you need that 4/5 protection from DBIV.

Munti

Munti said:
How much bonus in the hsc do you need to get 300Mio? I had a bonus of 40% and I'm "only" up to 250Mio
Ah come on. I had now 54% and I'm only at 277Mio. More is not possible for me

Cbajd5

I think the 2.3 update fixed the Japanese version for Android Oreo too, I can at least get to the maintenance screen and it doesn't crash anymore.

Okay. So I just tested pet system.

20 exp for 6 star medal no traits, 24 exp for 6 star medal with 1+ traits.(more traits on same medal is not more exp)
You NEED all 6 medals to have one trait enough to hit level 3.

Level 3 gives 2.5 multiplier. (Level 2 gives 2.4 multiplier)

Also another important side note. Better tier DOES NOT EQUAL MORE EXP.
[Boosted] Seph Ex(tier 6) is 20 exp, ill Seph(tier 4) is also 20 exp.

No idea how the hell we are supposed to hit level 4...

Another important sidenote, it doesn't matter what trait it is, as long as it has a trait, that is good enough.

Edit/more sidenotes: Guilt also does not matter for EXP.

20 exp for 6 star medal no traits, 24 exp for 6 star medal with 1+ traits.(more traits on same medal is not more exp)

Another important sidenote, it doesn't matter what trait it is, as long as it has a trait, that is good enough.

One more thing: the medal doesn't get eaten up, right? You are free to swap medals out as much as you like?

Someone in my party got level 4 some how.
I'm wondering if you get more EXP if it's a trait for a higher tier medal?
Trying to find out right now.

One more thing: the medal doesn't get eaten up, right? You are free to swap medals out as much as you like?

Correct it doesn't get eaten up.
PLUS I believe you can use those same 6 medals in your actual loadout too. Not 100% sure though.

Cbajd5

Yeah.

Also, the Japanese version is working on Android Oreo. Still can't say if it'll do what the English version does until tomorrow though.

Update 2:
Tier 4-6 all give 24 exp if you have 1 trait on the medal.
A tier 7 is worth 30 exp...
This is important.
1. You can not get level 4 unless you have at least 2 tier 7 medals.
2. Unless global is different than JP(It most likely won't be). A Level 4 pet will not be possible in global for many months.

Here are the pet abilities (that active randomly?)[found on reddit and my group chat)
Rank 2: Steal 1 (doubles drop rate of items by 50%?)
Rank 3: Finish (deals 10000 damage). I cant go past rank 3.
Rank 4: is Esuna.

It just hit me, Pets are literally a game changer for copy medals because now you can throw it on the end of any keyblade because it doesn't have any color to it.

I already have a 5 dotted extra attack HD Namine... but thinking about getting HD Xion now...

If you don't have a friend copy medal, I highly recommend getting HD Xion now.
The next friend copy medal won't be until "Sora Anti F HD Ver" and that one most likely will not be a mercy medal.
The next friend copy medal(unless they do a reprint for something) Won't be tier 7 HD Vantias, which is still brand in JP.

So where can you use pets? Everywhere or just everywhere you can use a friend medal?
I can confirm you can use it in everything.
Coliseum and proud quest both work.

Rank 2: Steal 1 (doubles drop rate of items by 50%?)
Rank 3: Finish (deals 10000 damage). I cant go past rank 3.
Rank 4: is Esuna.

Rank 5: Second chance.
(that means you can use second chance twice. Through skill AND now through the pet.)

Need lots of tier 7 with traits for rank 5.

Psxphile

A version of the Dream Eater theme plays during the cutscene that introduces pets to the player.

EDIT: new story quests coming tonight, and more past avatars

Top Bottom