• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Wait what? What Morrowind? Is it a remastered version? I never saw the news before.

Also is MGS V in monthly or just sales?

Elder Scrolls Online Morrowind upgrade.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/582880/The_Elder_Scrolls_Online__Morrowind_Upgrade/
Where they essentially remade the entire land of Morrowind from the original game and put it in ESO, give or take differences for story line, a demigod, and the different periods of time they both take part in.
A video comparing the look between the two. https://youtu.be/qn46trwngMQ

For what it's worth, Elder Scrolls Online, despite it's name, does work to play as a single player experience for many people.

----------------

Single sale for MGS V. https://www.humblebundle.com/store/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain.

Just started Dark Souls 2 earlier this morning.. and apparently the maximum health penalty from dying is back?

Maybe I was spoiled with Dark Souls and Bloodborne where i can die unlimited times without having to worry about it. But I have bad memories about this kind of death penalty from Demon's Souls, which I never beat.

zkylon

zkylewd
Just started Dark Souls 2 earlier this morning.. and apparently the maximum health penalty from dying is back?

Maybe I was spoiled with Dark Souls and Bloodborne where i can die unlimited times without having to worry about it. But I have bad memories about this kind of death penalty from Demon's Souls, which I never beat.

you get way more reviving items so it's not a big deal

you get way more reviving items so it's not a big deal

Human effigies?

Would I be fine if I die to a single encounter dozens of times and use one every time I hit 50% HP?

My form in Souls games is kinda random. Sometimes I can breeze through an area, but some other times I could stuck in a single encounter for hours.

Uzzy

Human Effigy's are not that rare and reverse the health penalty, so use them when you've lost too much health. You also regain all your health if you're summoned to assist someone else, though I don't know how active the online is these days.

zkylon

zkylewd
Human effigies?

Would I be fine if I die to a single encounter dozens of times and use one every time I hit 50% HP?

My form in Souls games is kinda random. Sometimes I can breeze through an area, but some other times I could stuck in a single encounter for hours.
probably not for every death, but you don't go down to 50% hp right away like in demon's souls, your max hp goes down a bit every time you die until it hits a cap.

it's really not that serious, it's usually ideal to wait until your health has gone down a lot to use one of the anti-hollowing thingies

you can also set a white soapstone before bosses, beat them to revive and have full health to fight them

trust me, it's nowhere near as punishing as demons souls

Sarcasm

Human effigies?

Farm the mobs till they don't respawn I guess lol... Then at least only boss left.

Human Effigy's are not that rare and reverse the health penalty, so use them when you've lost too much health. You also regain all your health if you're summoned to assist someone else, though I don't know how active the online is these days.

probably not for every death, but you don't go down to 50% hp right away like in demon's souls, your max hp goes down a bit every time you die until it hits a cap.

it's really not that serious, it's usually ideal to wait until your health has gone down a lot to use one of the anti-hollowing thingies

you can also set a white soapstone before bosses, beat them to revive and have full health to fight them

trust me, it's nowhere near as punishing as demons souls

Farm the mobs till they don't respawn I guess lol... Then at least only boss left.

Yeah, I mean the rarity.

Human effigy seems rare from what I've seen so far. At least they're certainly not as common as the Lifegems.

I'm not planning to play the game online though. I dislike the idea of having my good run ruined by some invaders.

Isn't there also a ring which limits the hp loss to 75% instead of 50%?

That sounds pretty neat. I'll keep my eyes on it.

Hektor

Say aside from card crafting, how are do you gain exp in Steam

That's about the only way really.

You get xp for games you buy, but once youre close to 1000 it drops to 1xp per game.

You can do the steam community badge if you haven't done it yet, for a one time 500

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
you get one point of xp for every game bought, other than that only badges.

yikes, I guess it's really all badges then

That's about the only way really.

You get xp for games you buy, but once youre close to 1000 it drops to 1xp per game.

You can do the steam community badge if you haven't done it yet, for a one time 500

already did that

hmm I guess I'll be comfortable in this level 26

Danielsan

Still wondering if I should pick up Tekken 7 on Steam or get the PS4 version. I know that in terms of looks and performance the PC version will be the one to get, but the PS4 version has the ease of use (two PS4 controllers, hooked up to the tv downstairs) and player base going for it.

Does anyone have any experience with hooking up a 360 Madcatz TE fightstick to a PC? I might be able to pick one up for cheap (used). If I do the steam version might become a bit more interesting to me.

Naarmight

Still wondering if I should pick up Tekken 7 on Steam or get the PS4 version. I know that in terms of looks and performance the PC version will be the one to get, but the PS4 version has the ease of use (two PS4 controllers, hooked up to the tv downstairs) and player base going for it.

Does anyone have any experience with hooking up a 360 Madcatz TE fightstick to a PC? I might be able to pick one up for cheap (used). If I do the steam version might become a bit more interesting to me.

I have a couple of 360 Madcatz sticks, and they are just straight up plug and play, never had any issues with them on PC.

That sounds pretty neat. I'll keep my eyes on it.

There are also rings that prevent hollowing and loss of souls on death. Instead, they break every time you die and need to be repaired with something like 5000 souls (which is nothing as you get further into the game). I'm not really sure why they reintroduced the hp penalty on death when there are ways to mitigate/nullify it completely.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Buy the PS4 version today and get the PC version later for posterity.

Sarcasm

So is Nintendo Switch WiFi shit?

I got the same crap as I did on the Wii and 3DS where it doesn't want to connect. New router and tried different securities.

Had to result in mobile wifi tethering lol. Friend's switch.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Rocket League sponsoring WWE PPVs is so bizarre. And them saying "available now for PS4, XBOX One and Steam" is even weirder.

I dont know why its weird btw, it just is.

Some kind of expansion for Elder Scrolls Online.

Elder Scrolls Online Morrowind upgrade.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/582880/The_Elder_Scrolls_Online__Morrowind_Upgrade/
Where they essentially remade the entire land of Morrowind from the original game and put it in ESO, give or take differences for story line, a demigod, and the different periods of time they both take part in.
A video comparing the look between the two. https://youtu.be/qn46trwngMQ

For what it's worth, Elder Scrolls Online, despite it's name, does work to play as a single player experience for many people.

----------------

Single sale for MGS V. https://www.humblebundle.com/store/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain.

Thank you!! It's no wonder I didn't know about Morrowind, I never followed ESO.

Is the MGSV key region locked? I understand it's $8 for the US?

Rocket League sponsoring WWE PPVs is so bizarre. And them saying "available now for PS4, XBOX One and Steam" is even weirder.

They actually say "Steam PC", which sounds kinda weird to me.

To be honest, I'm now thinking about getting Rocket League because of the promotions in WWE shows. Maybe the game will also get some WWE themed in-game content.

I've always been interested in trying the Fear Effect games, never got around to it in the PSone days. I've been tempted to get them from PSN to play on the Vita but apparently the first game hasn't aged well at all.
Had no idea they were doing something with the franchise.

30 minutes of fiddling around with VPNs and I eventually manage to purchase MGSV and then they tell me they are "temporarily" out of keys.

There's only a handful of brands that have stuck by the WWE as of late: Schick, Popeye's, Just For Men... but to pick up the slack, they've turned increasingly to video games. I've seen Battleborn and Skylanders sponsor WWE television shows, for example, so it's no surprise one would eventually spring for a PPV. (Does doing so mean Rocket League is desperate? Who can say?)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
There's only a handful of brands that have stuck by the WWE as of late: Schick, Popeye's, Just For Men... but to pick up the slack, they've turned increasingly to video games. I've seen Battleborn and Skylanders sponsor WWE television shows, for example, so it's no surprise one would eventually spring for a PPV. (Does doing so mean Rocket League is desperate? Who can say?)

Final Fantasy 14 a few months ago also (for nxt Takeover / Wrestlemania?)

yuraya

Looks like The Surge kinda flopped. Only 44k according to steamspy thus far and #10 in PAL charts debut. I thought a SyFy souls clone would have done better. Maybe it'll do better once it drops in price.

Save us From Software.

Ascheroth

Fromsoft game set in the Blame! universe. Featuring the most vertical of vertical level designs.
R9h7KkO.jpg
2RxCyOA.jpg
DOJP6dQ.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sudden Strike 4 pre-orders now come with all preceding games, presumably to make up for the delay. That's Sudden Strike: Gold Edition, Sudden Strike 2: Gold Edition, Sudden Strike: Resource War, Sudden Strike 3: Arms for Victory and Sudden Strike 3: Last Stand*.

* An assumption on my part. App 636120 is still private but it's clearly a game.

Edit: Oh, it's the Sudden Strike 4 beta.

Rhaknar

bought Marrowwind last night, refunded it this morning >_>

I could swear I had seen you could get a max lvl Warden from the get go to take into Morrowwind's content, which is what I want from the expansion, but I guess I dreamed that since he is a normal class like any other and you need to do the 1-50 content all over again, which I just cant be rsed right now.

Guess ill pick it up when I have that "I could use with leveling a mmo class" itch which im bound to get eventually.

Jadax

I highly doubt any mmorpg would ever allow you to max a newly released class on day 1. WoW lets you pay extra to bump up heroes to a certain level (other than the freebie you get when buying the expansion).

And in non-steam news....the new twin peaks is weirdly awesome.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

An amazing journey -- MB-5E49E062B66FC004 - Taken by longlivegaming. 17 entrants total.

t1495468161z1.png

Auraela

Banned
Are you using the steam controller configuration thing? Try it if you are not.

edit: I also don't seem to have this problem as far as I can see, I'm using the latest win10 drivers for the xbone pad.
Unless it manifests itself later in the game.

I installed the accesorries app and updated and it now works fine. Thanks.

Also i must say ys is reminding alot like record of lodosss war on dreamcast just with less loot but better combat and encounters

Grief.exe

Looks like The Surge kinda flopped. Only 44k according to steamspy thus far and #10 in PAL charts debut. I thought a SyFy souls clone would have done better. Maybe it'll do better once it drops in price.

Save us From Software.

Due the regional development, costs will be significantly cheaper than a typical western release. Surge also doesn't strike me as a big budget AAA game with AAA marketing, so costs are likely lower there as well.

Assuming the game performs similarly on consoles, that would mean a shipped/sold of around 300,000, which is very likely to be profitable.

Ascheroth

I installed the accesorries app and updated and it now works fine. Thanks.

Also i must say ys is reminding alot like record of lodosss war on dreamcast just with less loot but better combat and encounters
Make sure to also check out Ys: Origin and Ys I & II, if you're enjoying your time with Oath. The former has the same style as Oath, but with different playable characters, while the latter are 2D, have a different combat system and are more open-ish with their exploration and story progression.
Napishtim is the weakest one on Steam because it's the first game with the Oath/Origin style gameplay. It's a little rough around the edges but still worth a look.

And Xanadu Next is no Ys game but similarly in its awesomeness.

Danielsan

I'll pick up The Surge once it's cheap enough. This is a year jam packed with amazing games so I'm not shocked to see it struggling a bit. Also, Lords of the Fallen probably didn't do them any favors. I recently went through that game and it was okay at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom