• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Elite Controller |OT| That's a paddlin'

Gascoigne

Banned
considering the ds4 is a vastly superior controller than both the Xbox one and 360, they don't have to do much. I'm curious how good this elite controller will be. I'm still unsure about it.

Yeah, nothing more awesome than a controller that literally disintegrates in your hands from normal usage.

finalflame

Gold Member
Yup, my local Microsoft Store is having a Halo 5 launch event starting at 6:30pm (Stanford Shopping Center)! Anyone else in the Bay Area and wanna go? Either way I'll be there at midnight to get an Elite controller!

Drago

I see the option in the Xbox Accessories app right now to invert the y axis on either the left or right stick, but not the x axis. I do not have an elite controller yet, though.
Edit: I'm an idiot and got x and y axis confused. Bad news. :(

Hope they add x axis invert soon.

Justinh

Edit: I'm an idiot and got x and y axis confused. Bad news. :(

Hope they add x axis invert soon.

Button mapping is in the app now. Try searching the store for the Xbox Accessories app. Maybe I was able to get it because I'm a preview member, but I got it off the store and not the preview app so maybe not?

Yeah, sorry...

If you don't mind me asking, when did you order it and where are you located?

I'm still ass out on mine. It says "Shipping Today" and it will be "Delivered Tomorrow by 8pm", and it's said that all day long.

Ordered mine as soon as I could earlier in the year through amazon and live near San Francisco.

Controller feels great so far. Having an issue with the accessories app though. Says it needs updating, thought it meant the controller so I did update the controller but the app won't launch. Going to restart the xbox and see if that does anything.

Haven''t tried the different thumbsticks yet, but I do really like that short throw trigger action and the re-designed bumpers are much more functional than my launch controllers. Can't wait for my windows 10 adapter to arrive so I can really get some use out of this thing and get some nba 2k16 playtime in.

Drago

Button mapping is in the app now. Try searching the store for the Xbox Accessories app. Maybe I was able to get it because I'm a preview member, but I got it off the store and not the preview app so maybe not?

Yeah, sorry...
It's not that big a deal, I can wait until they (hopefully) add the option. It's a little baffling that they only offered invert for one axis and not both, though.

wait, is this a one time release? like no restocks? 0_o

i was hoping to wait until black friday ads leaked and was assuming this would be given a $25 or so gift card with purchase

or unlikely be $100/$125 on black friday

i want to buy the controller but gotta save some cash

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Just to clarify, Stinkles' claim that you could "take screenshots" using a paddle was a hypothetical to answer the question he was responding to in another thread - not a platform promise. In fact it's possible that a game would have to support it since a game layer tends to sit on top of the OS. However, there's nothing terribly cumbersome about that in theory.

The user I was responding to was assuming this was only useful for FPS which is patently and demonstrably not the case.

spannicus

Got 2 coming tomorrow wasnt supposed to happen like that but it did. If anyone wants one i may sell it tomorrow. Just pm me.

The Flash

Banned
Just to clarify, Stinkles' claim that you could "take screenshots" using a paddle was a hypothetical to answer the question he was responding to in another thread - not a platform promise. In fact it's possible that a game would have to support it since a game layer tends to sit on top of the OS. However, there's nothing terribly cumbersome about that in theory.

The user I was responding to was assuming this was only useful for FPS which is patently and demonstrably not the case.

Thanks for clarifying. I'll update the OP.

Heretic

Confirmed!

Justinh

Mine is coming in tomorrow. Can't wait!

1030 at night, Amazon is still "Preparing for Shipment."

Finally just got an email from UPS that a package is being delivered to me tomorrow.
Thank Nog it's not a Smartpost delivery.

UPS/Fedex usually gets here around 10-11 while I'm wasting my time if I check my mailbox before 545-6ish in the evening.

I can't wait. I won't be able to get Halo 5 tomorrow, though frowny face

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'm tempted to get one for the PC. The 360 controller's been adequate up until this point, but that d-pad will never be anything but abysmal. This might be the solution I've been looking for for seemingly forever.

Hawk269

I just called my Gamestop and they are telling I cannot pick it up tonight??? Anyone else have that issue???

Edit....blood pressure reducing as I called another GS that is 30 min away and they said instantly "No problem, you can pick it up at 9:01pm tonight". So I asked that Manager to call the Manager at my Store I reserved it to let him know he can sell them to people that pre-ordered. I wish my local Store was a bit more up and up on things. I was on hold for a while for them to tell me no, called the other store and within 30seconds was being told "no problem".

phaonaut

Also: I'm really hoping these themed faceted D-pads become a thing
and the Forza one in OP.

Thats really cool, the best thing about the jaguar controller.

overlay.jpg

shandy706

Microsoft has produced the best video game controller on the market: the vanilla Xbox One controller. If you want something sleeker, faster, cooler, now that’s an option, too.

This review quote made me chuckle.

Naite

For some reason the xbox accessories app isn't showing up in the store of my windows 10 laptop and it's driving me insane.

So there's a ton of hype here I suppose, tell me why I need this instead of the white lunar? What's it gonna help me do. I've never gotten into modding scene and whatnot

Bsigg12

So there's a ton of hype here I suppose, tell me why I need this instead of the white lunar? What's it gonna help me do. I've never gotten into modding scene and whatnot

You could start by reading the OP. It does a great job of explaining why this exists.

Edit: Not trying to sound like a dick or anything. OP did a great job with it and definitely covers everything you need to know.

At Best Buy in North Austin and I just confirmed the box with my name on it. Just 45 more minutes to go . Oh yeah and Halo too. Any Atx peeps looking for a controller without a pre-order might try The Domain Microsoft Store. The clerk there says that they have some not for preorder . It was my backup plan.

chekhonte

Hmmm, I wonder if the MS store in seattle will have them tomorrow. They seem to be sold out every place else.

I might have to go there and pick up Halo 5 and a controller, I only live a couple of miles away.

EDIT: they had the wireless USB adapter for the xbone controller last week when it was only available online through the microsoft store which was a nice surprise. It's so nice to use a xbox one controller wirelessly with a pc.

Do the paddles get in the way while holding the controller? I feel like I would keep pressing them accidently.
Great job on the OT, and that Jurassic park gif is great.

The Flash

Banned
Do the paddles get in the way while holding the controller? I feel like I would keep pressing them accidently.
Great job on the OT, and that Jurassic park gif is great.

Thanks! Some people have mentioned that the paddles take a while to get used to, particularly the top ones.

Here's another gif that I ran out of time to make for the OT since you liked the Jurassic Park one.

Fixed

VQc5dAM.gif

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Thanks! Some people have mentioned that the paddles take a while to get used to, particularly the top ones.

Here's another gif that I ran out of time to make for the OT since you liked the Jurassic Park one.

k7Az2G2.gif

Oh man. That .gif is awesome!

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I hope someday they release the controller with colored buttons, I hate the boring monotone buttons.

Top Bottom