• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golf Story |OT| Return to Camelot

When I read "dramatic story" in the description, I was a little worried they'd go overboard with some dour writing, but I'm pleasantly surprised at its sense of humor. Absolutely can't wait to play it now.

When I read "dramatic story" in the description, I was a little worried they'd go overboard with some dour writing, but I'm pleasantly surprised at its sense of humor. Really confident in the quality of this game, at this point!

I mean when they don't actually call it drama, but GOLF DRAMA, that's basically a flag telling you "this game is somewhat of a comedy". In fact putting golf as any sort of descriptor implies humor.

Except Golf 2. Golf Without Limits.

tumblr_inline_nqfrhl7TT81qeyssh_400.png

Brizzo24

$14.99 is a nice price point--I was expecting $19.99. Sidebar Games put a lot of heart into this title, and I'm excited to finally have a chance to play it in a few short hours.

You guys hyping it up should chill. We don’t know anything about this game apart from a brief trailer. Not saying that this might not turn out great but let’s be real here!

“The next Stardew Valley”?
“Earthbound with golf”?

Come on. It’s like you want to set yourself up for disappointment.

That being said, I’m looking forward to playing it. Hope it’s good!

c1d

You guys hyping it up should chill. We don’t know anything about this game apart from a brief trailer. Not saying that this might not turn out great but let’s be real here!

“The next Stardew Valley”?
“Earthbound with golf”?

Come on. It’s like you want to set yourself up for disappointment.

That being said, I’m looking forward to playing it. Hope it’s good!
I agree, although I think it will do pretty well. Switch right now seems to have a bit of a 2013ish steam vibe where there's a non-saturated open-minded market

JonnyKong

I just bought Hob last night so I'll be playing that first, then onto this! And then Cuphead, and then Hat in time.

Indie scene is ridiculous at the moment.

Hasney

You guys hyping it up should chill. We don't know anything about this game apart from a brief trailer. Not saying that this might not turn out great but let's be real here!

”The next Stardew Valley"?
”Earthbound with golf"?

Come on. It's like you want to set yourself up for disappointment.

That being said, I'm looking forward to playing it. Hope it's good!

First 30 minutes of the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=aYos6kdVUnc&app=desktop

I'm not saying anything about Stardew or Earthbound, but I like Mario Golf GBC and GBA better than them anyway.... So I'll be happy!

Mr_Moogle

I recently found myself utterly addicted to Mario Golf on the GBA. I had never played a MG game before and just found the mechanics really satisfying.

Needless to say I will buy this game day one if it turns out to be anywhere near as good. What is the pedigree of this developer? Do we think they can live up to the standards of a Camelot golf game?

Cerium

I recently found myself utterly addicted to Mario Golf on the GBA. I had never played a MG game before and just found the mechanics really satisfying.

Needless to say I will buy this game day one if it turns out to be anywhere near as good. What is the pedigree of this developer? Do we think they can live up to the standards of a Camelot golf game?
They literally came out of nowhere. We know nothing about them. Mystery people. Apparently Australian.

Game looks good though.

Is anyone even going to be reviewing this game. The release seems so sudden and quiet I'm not sure there will even be any on day one at least.

I'm really hoping the game is almost as good as people are hyping it up to be. I've been playing Mario Golf for the GBC via 3DS VC as of late and if it's anything remotely like that, I'm in.

HotHamBoy

That OT title

wt4IXSU.jpg

I'm really hoping the game is almost as good as people are hyping it up to be. I've been playing Mario Golf for the GBC via 3DS VC as of late and if it's anything remotely like that, I'm in.

Worst case scenario you can always play the superior Mario Golf Advance Tour on GBA.

Fireblend

Banned
Of course Cerium ended up doing the OP. Thanks for another great job! And good on you for using that great title suggestion :D

Can't wait for some more impressions to come in.

MattAces

Haven't been following the news and coverage but always interested.
Is this something like Stardew where I can invest 30~50 hours?
Or is this a linear story game that will last about 4 hours.

Haven't been following the news and coverage but always interested.
Is this something like Stardew where I can invest 30~50 hours?
Or is this a linear story game that will last about 4 hours.
Saw someone on reddit claiming to have spend 2 hrs on the first course before moving on to the next, this game has 8 courses, so if he’s correct this will be a 10-20 hr game.

I've been playing for a little over an hour and I can already say...buy it. It's the Mario Golf RPG you've wanted since the GBA.

Top Bottom