• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Sony Studios are most likely to show up at E3?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
surprised at people expecting something from Guerilla, who had a game out at launch, and yet not expecting anything from teams that haven't even released one game on PS4 yet.

how about Team Knack?

surprised at people expecting something from Guerilla, who had a game out at launch, and yet not expecting anything from teams that haven't even released one game on PS4 yet.

how about Team Knack?

Team Knack/Puppeteer = Team Gravity Daze 2/The Last Guardian.

Ueda's interview 2 years ago highly hinted that the studio at that point of time, was focused on the production of two games, which was Knack/Puppeteer. My guess is that the same thing is happening this time round, where the core teams who did Puppeteer and Knack are probably in early pre-production, while resources are pooled towards the games that are past pre-production.

Sad that The Tomorrow Children doesn't get mentioned much, but I think it'll be at E3 if not in the Sony presser itself.

I've got to be honest, I always forget about TTC. I think it looks amazing though; I wonder when they're expecting to release. I think they've already had at least one private beta.

Apenheul

That's because GG was already working on the new game way before KZ3 got released, possibly aiming for PS3 at the time (my speculation), with a team consisting of some of the KZ2 leads.

Xater

Yeah, the other JRPG will be whatever Level 5 is working on. I expect a new IP. Ni No Kuni didn't do well enough.

Sad that The Tomorrow Children doesn't get mentioned much, but I think it'll be at E3 if not in the Sony presser itself.

I have to say my excitement for it kinda got killed by me not having fun with the Alpha...

Stove

Banned
All right, let's do this:

Naugthy Dog:
-Uncharted 4 is a given, but I'll be curious to see what they'll show. I expect a more set piece focused demo since PSX was a normal level, although I would prefer it if the set pieces weren't revealed before the game was out.
-Uncharted Trilogy seems likely. If it happens, it will be done by an outside studio
-People expecting The Last of Us 2 will be highly disappointed. The only Last of Us news we could get is a movie update.
Sucker Punch:
-I wouldn't expect to see them here. They could very well have a game that could be ready next year, but there are other studios who have had more time, and I'm expecting Sucker Punch to release their next game in 2017. I also don't think that they will make another inFAMOUS game.
Media Molecule:
-Will absolutely be there with there new IP. The game might launch later this year, but it will probably be early next year.
-Trailer and release date for Tearaway Unfolded. I'm guessing an August release.
San Diego:
-I don't think any of their games are big enough to take stage time. Drawn to Death might be the exception, but that's just because David Jaffee is behind it.
-A Killstrain Beta announcement with a short trailer is possible, but I would just expect floor demos and highlight reels for this game.
-They never talk about MLB at E3.
Evolution:
-No way they show up. You don't bring them out to talk about more content for their game that got delayed a year, got average reviews, was broken at launch, and still has a PS+ version that hasn't launched. The only thing they could do that would be big enough for E3 is give away the entire game on PS+, and I don't think that will happen.
Santa Monica:
-God of War CG trailer is probable but not definite. If shown, it will probably be given a late 2016 release date. However, Sony might save God of War and let Uncharted/Horizon headline 2016.
-Santa Monica produced games like Edith Finch will probably show up in some fashion
Guerrilla:
-If God of War and The Last Guardian don't show, Horizon will probably be the headliner. Expecting a fall 2016 release date. Probably more than a CG trailer, but they could so CG at E3 and then gameplay at Gamescom or PSX
Cambridge:
-I don't expect them to show up just because of time constraints.
-I think a Killzone reveal at Gamescom (either PS4 or Vita) is likely for them
Polyphony:
-I'm about 50/50 on GT7 being there. It's obviously in development, but I'm not expecting it to release next year. Could be a Gamescom (big European audience) or E3 2016 game.
Japan Studio:
-Bloodborne DLC. Sony probably wants to mention Bloodborne as much as they can.
-Gravity Rush 2 will probably be held for TGS
-Gravity Rush Remastered could be announced. If so, I think it makes Gravity Rush 2 showing up more likely
-The Last Guardian? I don't know at this point
Bend:
-I don't know about Bend. They are probably ready to show their game, but I don't know if Sony needs it. MM, GG, PD, SM, and Bend are the studios that could announce new games, and Bend's would probably be the smallest and therefore the most likely held for Gamescom/PSX.
London:
-If Sony shows Morpheus, they will have demos. If Sony doesn't show Morpheus, they will have floor demos.

AznSniper

So Verendus has hinted at Sly 5 being in development, but Sanzaru announced late last year that they weren't developing it. Who else could it be? Is it a new developer taking over or is Sucker Punch pulling a Naughty Dog having a surprise 2nd team developing?

Also, it is almost certain that Level-5 is unveiling their PS4 JRPG at E3. I wonder if the other JRPG is internally developed or externally developed by a 3rd party developer. I seem to recall during a PAX panel last year that Sakaguchi answered one of the fan's questions about developing a sequel to The Last Story teasing a "maybe" for the PS4 showing his interest to develop on the console. I wonder if Sony has approached Mistwalker on developing a game for the PS4.

So Verendus has hinted at Sly 5 being in development, but Sanzaru announced late last year that they weren't developing it. Who else could it be? Is it a new developer taking over or is Sucker Punch pulling a Naughty Dog having a surprise 2nd team developing?

Well, a large number of staff were let go after Second Son shipped (I seem to recall 30+ staff from a studio of ~80), so I really doubt they've got the capacity for two teams. I'd love them to try something different (and a new Sly game from them would be great), but I have a feeling they're locked into Infamous games for a while.

AznSniper said:
Also, it is almost certain that Level-5 is unveiling their PS4 JRPG at E3. I wonder if the other JRPG is internally developed or externally developed by a 3rd party developer. I seem to recall during a PAX panel last year that Sakaguchi answered one of the fan's questions about developing a sequel to The Last Story teasing a "maybe" for the PS4 showing his interest to develop on the console. I wonder if Sony has approached Mistwalker on developing a game for the PS4.

I would love to see the Gooch return to mainline console development, whether that's with Sony or MS or whoever.

Hasn't SSM explicitly stated their game won't be there?

Yes, but I suppose some people expect it's a red herring and the next GoW will show up.

Mr Git

Please let it be Ni no Kuni 2. Faces will melt on that current-gen tech. I'd be more excited for a hypothetical NnK2 than I am for FFXV at this point.

Gods be good it would be lovely. Hopefully ironing out the few faults with the first game. And maybe this time I'll not be a dick and buy the special edition with a wizard book D:

All right, let's do this:

Naugthy Dog:
-Uncharted 4 is a given, but I'll be curious to see what they'll show. I expect a more set piece focused demo since PSX was a normal level, although I would prefer it if the set pieces weren't revealed before the game was out.
-Uncharted Trilogy seems likely. If it happens, it will be done by an outside studio
-People expecting The Last of Us 2 will be highly disappointed. The only Last of Us news we could get is a movie update.
Sucker Punch:
-I wouldn't expect to see them here. They could very well have a game that could be ready next year, but there are other studios who have had more time, and I'm expecting Sucker Punch to release their next game in 2017. I also don't think that they will make another inFAMOUS game.
Media Molecule:
-Will absolutely be there with there new IP. The game might launch later this year, but it will probably be early next year.
-Trailer and release date for Tearaway Unfolded. I'm guessing an August release.
San Diego:
-I don't think any of their games are big enough to take stage time. Drawn to Death might be the exception, but that's just because David Jaffee is behind it.
-A Killstrain Beta announcement with a short trailer is possible, but I would just expect floor demos and highlight reels for this game.
-They never talk about MLB at E3.
Evolution:
-No way they show up. You don't bring them out to talk about more content for their game that got delayed a year, got average reviews, was broken at launch, and still has a PS+ version that hasn't launched. The only thing they could do that would be big enough for E3 is give away the entire game on PS+, and I don't think that will happen.
Santa Monica:
-God of War CG trailer is probable but not definite. If shown, it will probably be given a late 2016 release date. However, Sony might save God of War and let Uncharted/Horizon headline 2016.
-Santa Monica produced games like Edith Finch will probably show up in some fashion
Guerrilla:
-If God of War and The Last Guardian don't show, Horizon will probably be the headliner. Expecting a fall 2016 release date. Probably more than a CG trailer, but they could so CG at E3 and then gameplay at Gamescom or PSX
Cambridge:
-I don't expect them to show up just because of time constraints.
-I think a Killzone reveal at Gamescom (either PS4 or Vita) is likely for them
Polyphony:
-I'm about 50/50 on GT7 being there. It's obviously in development, but I'm not expecting it to release next year. Could be a Gamescom (big European audience) or E3 2016 game.
Japan Studio:
-Bloodborne DLC. Sony probably wants to mention Bloodborne as much as they can.
-Gravity Rush 2 will probably be held for TGS
-Gravity Rush Remastered could be announced. If so, I think it makes Gravity Rush 2 showing up more likely
-The Last Guardian? I don't know at this point
Bend:
-I don't know about Bend. They are probably ready to show their game, but I don't know if Sony needs it. MM, GG, PD, SM, and Bend are the studios that could announce new games, and Bend's would probably be the smallest and therefore the most likely held for Gamescom/PSX.
London:
-If Sony shows Morpheus, they will have demos. If Sony doesn't show Morpheus, they will have floor demos.

These are probably the most realistic predictions.

Verendus

Banned
Since everyone has their own wishlist, I'll make mine:

Gran Turismo PS4
The Last Guardian
Guerilla Game's Hybrid Project
Street Fighter V (Fuck You Ken Edition)
New Media Molecule IP
JRPG #1
JRPG #2
JRPG #3
JRPG #4
JRPG #5
New Sly
New Crash Bandicoot
New Sony Mascot Fighter
New Shadow Hearts
Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy XVI
Kingdom Hearts 3
Final Fantasy spin-off RPG
New SE console RPG IP
Final Fantasy X spin-off
FF7 remake
FF7 spin-off
FF6 remake
Square Enix crossover game
Dragon Quest XI
New Parasite Eve
Monster Hunter PS4
DMC5
New Capcom TPS IP (Because we need more TPS)
New EA IP
New Ubisoft IP
New Prince of Persia
New Naval RPG
New Cyberpunk Action/Adventure/RPG IP
New Sega Action/Adventure IP
New Marvel Action/Adventure title
New Soul Calibur
New Rockstar IP

I think that covers most of what I desire. I'm not asking for much really. If anything, I'm probably more sensible than most, because I'm not asking for Shenmue 3. If even half of this can be announced at E3, I won't call it crap. I'm reasonable like that.

Edit:

Oh, and Ken is a valuable part of the Street Fighter legacy, and community. He helps people relate to the struggles of wearing red. He also has looks which make women envious, since he's so pretty. He would make a great wife, especially with all those skills of his, because you'd never have to worry about being robbed or anything like that.

Thank you, Ken.

v1ncelis

Safe bets:
Naughty Dog (Uncharted 4/Trilogy Remaster)
Sony Japan (TLG/Gravity Rush/Gran Turismo/JRPG). I'm not saying we should expect them all but at least one of them will be there.
Insomniac (Ratchet reboot) - if they still targeting 2015 as release date they must be there.

Maybe:
MM (New IP) - either E3 or Gamescom
Quantic Dream (New IP) - same as MM
Guerrilla (Horizon) - Depends if they will be ready.
Santa Monica (God of War) - Said earlier that they will not be at E3 because they still early in development and we should expect more from them at PSX in December. Still if MS will show some huge exclusives Sony might need to counter that.
Bend (Open world horror game?) and Guerrilla Cambridge (Killzone? Resistance?)
London Studio (Morpheus) - shelf of former self once creators of ambitious games like The Getaway now stuck with making demos for various PS add-on's. Would suit in PSX more.

0% chance to show up:
Sucker Punch
Evolution - not sure what's left from that studio after Sony's firing spree.

Imagine if Sakaguchi were to come to the Sony stage, only to unveil that he is working in collaboration with Square on a Final Fantasy VII Remake for PS4.

Gran Turismo PS4
The Last Guardian
New Media Molecule IP
JRPG #1
JRPG #2
JRPG #3
JRPG #4
JRPG #5
New Sly
New Crash Bandicoot
New Sony Mascot Fighter
New Shadow Hearts
Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy XVI
Kingdom Hearts 3
New SE console RPG IP
Final Fantasy X spin-off
FF7 remake
FF7 spin-off
FF6 remake
Dragon Quest XI
New Parasite Eve
Monster Hunter PS4
DMC5
New EA IP
New Ubisoft IP
New Prince of Persia
New Naval RPG
New Soul Calibur
New Rockstar IP

I think that covers most of what I desire. I'm not asking for much really. If anything, I'm probably more sensible than most, because I'm not asking for Shenmue 3. If even half of this can be announced at E3, I won't call it crap. I'm reasonable like that.

Edit:

Oh, and Ken is a valuable part of the Street Fighter legacy, and community. He helps people relate to the struggles of wearing red. He also has looks which make women envious, since he's so pretty. He would make a great wife, especially with all those skills of his, because you'd never have to worry about being robbed or anything like that.

Thank you, Ken.

I'd take just half of your list and call it a day.

Edit: Joking aside, I expect Sony's E3 presence to be focused on third-parties more so this time around. Gamescom/TGS/PSX for the first-party stuff.

Imagine if Sakaguchi were to come to the Sony stage, only to unveil that he is working in collaboration with Square on a Final Fantasy VII Remake for PS4.

If a remake was happening, I don't see why they'd bother porting the PC version. Also, I feel like I'm back in 2005 again :p

BoxyBrown

Banned

Gran Turismo PS4
The Last Guardian
New Media Molecule IP
JRPG #1
JRPG #2
JRPG #3
JRPG #4
JRPG #5
New Sly
New Crash Bandicoot
New Sony Mascot Fighter
New Shadow Hearts
Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy XVI
Kingdom Hearts 3
New SE console RPG IP
Final Fantasy X spin-off
FF7 remake
FF7 spin-off
FF6 remake
Dragon Quest XI
New Parasite Eve
Monster Hunter PS4
DMC5
New EA IP
New Ubisoft IP
New Prince of Persia
New Naval RPG
New Soul Calibur
New Rockstar IP

Edit:

Thank you, Ken.

Just those four and I'll die happy.

Empty

all the ones i don't care about. at least with something new, i'm excited for the uncharted demo + tearaway unfolded release date.

i expect cool stuff like gravity daze 2, everybody's golf, media molecule's new thing etc to be saved for gamescom or tgs. scea are so boring.

delSai

I wonder if WB has something to tease or show besides Bats and Mad Max... like y'know, Suicide Squad? I doubt it tho.

Uncharted will probably have some live gameplay or another trailer, same goes for Until Dawn. TLG will close the conference. GG's Robo-Dino-RPG would be amazing to see, but if they decide to it's probably just a CG trailer with Gameplay at Gamescom or something like that. My guess is 2 new IPs announced, and then we will get updates and trailers for stuff we already know, maybe a remaster thrown in there. I'm not counting downloadable Games for the new IPs by the way. Man, E3 can't come soon enough.

Demonite said he really looks forward to this E3 and PSExperience. So expect megatons on both events.

E3 is not the time for " megatons "

expect nothing!

to be honest they have so many announced games already they could fill a whole show just showing the latest builds of everything

Dargor

I think Verendus's list is pretty much a given. There is nothing in there I would call unreasonable.

If he had asked for something like a Legend of Dragoon 2 or a new Wild Arms, then, I'd say hes been taking crazy pills.

:p

dramatis

I've got to be honest, I always forget about TTC. I think it looks amazing though; I wonder when they're expecting to release. I think they've already had at least one private beta.
Forget private beta, they had a public alpha. Supposedly the game is coming in 2015, but I wouldn't mind if they took a lot of feedback from the alpha and worked out some stuff.

How could you forget Shenmue 3?

Gran Turismo PS4
The Last Guardian

New Media Molecule IP
JRPG #1
JRPG #2
JRPG #3
JRPG #4
JRPG #5
New Sly
New Crash Bandicoot
New Sony Mascot Fighter
New Shadow Hearts
Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy XVI
Kingdom Hearts 3
New SE console RPG IP
Final Fantasy X spin-off
FF7 remake
FF7 spin-off
FF6 remake
Dragon Quest XI
New Parasite Eve
Monster Hunter PS4
DMC5
New EA IP
New Ubisoft IP
New Prince of Persia
New Naval RPG
New Soul Calibur
New Rockstar IP

Edit:

Thank you, Ken.

I want these so badly.

Demonite said he really looks forward to this E3 and PSExperience. So expect megatons on both events.
Doesn't a Sony insider say that for every single event? :p Maybe not word for word but since I've read gaf, there's always some Sony insider that hypes people up with what they say and as soon as the event is over people get pissy that they overhyped it. Then 2 months later, the same exact same thing happens.

I'll be cautiously optimistic, but I'll step away from listening to Sony insiders for hype
other than Verendus' jRPG Japan Studio game, don't disappoint me.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Verendus just leaked what's gonna be shown at E3 yall.

Read between the lines

We hope

Stealth50

In terms of new stuff I expect Quantic Dream, MM (VR) and London (VR) and perhaps some smaller titles.
Then we'll most likely have updates from Naughty Dog, Insomniac, MM Tearaway, Until Dawn, Evolution Driveclub Plus Apology, Japan Bloodborne DLC, Tequila (Rime) and some other smaller projects.

Gran Turismo PS4
The Last Guardian
New Media Molecule IP
JRPG #1
JRPG #2
JRPG #3
JRPG #4
JRPG #5
New Sly
New Crash Bandicoot
New Sony Mascot Fighter
New Shadow Hearts
Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy XVI
Kingdom Hearts 3
New SE console RPG IP
Final Fantasy X spin-off
FF7 remake
FF7 spin-off
FF6 remake
Dragon Quest XI
New Parasite Eve
Monster Hunter PS4
DMC5
New EA IP
New Ubisoft IP
New Prince of Persia
New Naval RPG
New Soul Calibur
New Rockstar IP

Edit:

Thank you, Ken.

Good list, if a little restrained. I'll be upset if that's all Sony brings. I hope for:

• Alundra HD Remaster
  • Alundra: The Fallen Throne (2D game like the original)
  • Drakan: The Ancient's Gates HD
  • Drakan: The Mirror Prison
  • Black HD
  • Black 2
  • TimeSplitters Respawn
  • Dark Cloud: Champions of Time
  • Ape Escape (complete re-imagining of the first game)
  • Crysis Collection (first game, Warhead, 2 and 3 -- ports of the PC versions)
  • PlayStation All-Stars Round 2: Electric Boogaloo (2D fighter developed in conjunction by SNK and Capcom)
  • Sly Cooper: Takes One to Know One
  • Uncharted 4
  • God of War IV: Ragnarok
  • Killzone: Midnight Echo (a lot more emphasis on stealth and varied playstyles; taking some cues from Deus Ex: HR)
  • Savage Starlight (think Mass Effect crossed with Firefly)
  • Vanquish 2
  • Heavenly Sword 2
  • The Getaway: добро пожаловать в москву
  • Eight Days
  • Pariah (revival of old forgotten FPS from Digital Extremes, with them on development again)
  • New FPS from Human Head called 'Enforcer' about a bounty hunter in an alien city
  • Two major new RPGs: one from Mistwalker and one from Japan Studios. One is set in the far future and the other more of a steampunk world with airships and windmills and primitive technology a la FFIX
  • Sony Bend's horror game
  • Horizon from Guerrilla Games
  • Everybody's Gone to the Rapture releasing in early June
  • Rime releasing in late June
  • Alienation releasing in early July
  • The Tomorrow Children releasing in late July
  • Wild releasing in December and it looks amazing
  • 3x Bloodborne DLC episodes confirmed. The first available after Sony's conference ends
  • Sucker Punch are developing the next Spider-Man game
  • MotorStorm DLC for Driveclub
  • The Order: 1888 confirmed to be in development. RAD targeting a late 2017 release, incorporating a lot of feedback from the first game and will be making it less linear and less about gunfights against humans
  • A new game from Drinkbox
  • A new game from Platinum
  • Sony is funding Dragon's Dogma 2 for PS4, and it will release later on PC. Using the same engine as Deep Down and it looks amazing
  • Sony announces they have acquired the IP for Turok and will be developing an original game with Starbreeze

Along with all of the suggestions above, I think that would just about satisfy me. Just about.

Kevyt

I would love to see a sequel to Demon's Souls.

Demon's Souls 2.

No, not bloodborne or Dark Souls, but a proper sequel for the game that started it all.

I'll be the happiest person when this happens.

Believe.

Gran Turismo PS4
The Last Guardian
New Media Molecule IP
JRPG #1
JRPG #2
JRPG #3
JRPG #4
JRPG #5
New Sly
New Crash Bandicoot
New Sony Mascot Fighter
New Shadow Hearts
Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy XVI
Kingdom Hearts 3
New SE console RPG IP
Final Fantasy X spin-off
FF7 remake
FF7 spin-off
FF6 remake
Dragon Quest XI
New Parasite Eve
Monster Hunter PS4
DMC5
New EA IP
New Ubisoft IP
New Prince of Persia
New Naval RPG
New Soul Calibur
New Rockstar IP

Edit:

Thank you, Ken.

Your list has been invalidated.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I swear the COD marketing rumor pops up every year and it's always bullshit. It seems especially unlikely this year given how hard Sony is reportedly going with Battlefront marketing.

On topic, it's always hard to guess with Sony because they do such a good job of spreading out game announcements between E3, Gamescom, TGS, and now PSX. Personally I'm excited to see whatever Quantic Dream is doing. I feel like they should have something to show by now.

delSai

So E3 is going to be the conference all of this is going to happen right?

- Show opens with a trailer for new Crash. Thunderous applause.
- The applause transitions into screams as Jack Tretton, who has been temporarily reinstated as head of SCEA for 2 hours, takes the stage to MC the event.
- Announces a PS4 price-drop to $149. All existing PS4 owners are gifted $200 into their PSN accounts as a thank you to launch-window buyers. Can barely hear him over the screams.
- The lights dim as a trailer for Horizon, now named 'Emagon' is shown. The graphical fidelity of the dinosaurs causes several attendees to become hysterical. Paramedics take them away and call for backup.
- The SEGA logo illuminates the screen. Shenmu 1 & 2 HD collection announced, bundled freely with Shenmu 3, exclusive to PS4.
- Kojima takes the stage. MGS5 now PS4 exclusive. MGS 1, 2 and 3 to be remade in the Fox Engine for PS4. As is Snatcher. Norman Reedus and Del Toro join him on stage for a 10 minute gameplay demo of Silent Hills. Tears stream down the faces of the audience the entire time.
- Boyes sprints on stage dressed as Santa Claus, complete with Santa’s Sack. ‘I have some more gifts for you” he says, causing uncontrollable trembling in all present.
- Suikoden I & II are available for download NOW on PSN, including optional fully orchestrated soundtrack.
- Did somebody say Dino Crisis 4? Yes. Adam Boyes did, JUST NOW. He makes an awkward joke about PS4 being the undisputed home of dinosaurs. The reveal trailer shows Regina in a mech-suit fighting a T-Rex, 12 Raptors and a misguided Stegosaurus atop a mountain during a hurricane.
- Boyes drops his Santa Sack on the floor and opens it. Shinji Hashimoto jumps out. The audience has been crying for so long that large swaths of people are losing brain function due to low salt-levels.
- He doesn’t need to ask people to please be excited; there isn’t a dry seat in the room. New trailer shown for Kingdom Hearts. Mandy Moore is back as Aerith. FFXV world map shown, and 2015 release date revealed. “One more thing.” Audience holds its breath. FFVII HD remaster trailer shown. PS4 exclusive. Many audience members forget to resume breathing. The death count is getting out of control.
- Amid the chaos, Chris Metzen takes the stage. PS4 exclusive Starcraft Ghost revealed. Paramedics have to restrain a man from clawing his own eyes out, such is the intensity of the reveal trailer.
- Tretton takes the stage, visibly shaken by the carnage before him. But the show must go on. Let’s talk about firmware (it’s a Sony conference). Suspend resume available next week. PSN name changes sorted out, PS2 trophy support.
- A turnbuckle and wrestling ropes rise from the stage, and Shu rushes towards it and reaches over with his outstretched hand. Tretton tags him in.
- Medieval, Dark Cloud, Syphon Filter, Colony Wars and Wip3out have all been green-lit for PS4 games. The amount of happening in the room is causing cracks to appear in the walls of the theatre.
- Kratos appears on screen. He's fighting the Gods of ancient Norse mythology. Trailer concludes with him disembowling Odin with a Dane Axe.
- Naughty Dog logo appears. First footage of the Uncharted movie is shown. Wow, they really nailed the casting of Drake. Hang on. No? It couldn’t be? It’s actually photo-realistic 60fps 1080p gameplay footage of Uncharted 4. The stress of seeing UC4 gameplay causes a woman in the front row to go into premature labour. She wasn’t even pregnant when the show began.
- Tretton thanks people for attending and watching at home. They still have new gameplay of Bloodbourne, The Order, No Man’s Sky, EGTTR, Rime, Wild, The Witness, Shadow of the Beast and more, but emergency rooms are at breaking point. Too much hype has been spilled this day.
- “Oh, just one more thing”
- The Last Guardian lives. Chunks of concrete fall from the ceiling, crushing those below. The room can’t handle all of the feels pulsating out of gamers as they bask in the glory of the gameplay trailer. The audience is too transfixed to run. When the June 2015 launch date is revealed the internet as we once knew it is dead. People watching at home scramble to put batteries in CB radios, hoping to pick up military chatter about the PSX event.
- Only one attendee remains alive in the theatre. His glasses shattered while watching Sora, Donald and Goofy wage battle with Prince Hans, sparing his eyes from what followed. Scrambling over the corpses in the theatre, he takes refuge under a desk with Jack Tretton.
- “Is it over?” he asks Jack tentatively.
- “Yes” sighs Jack. “Well, except for one more thing”
- The roof explodes, allowing a helicopter to lower someone down onto the stage.
- It’s Gaben. Half-life 3 confirmed. Console exclusive on PS4. Available for download on Steam and PS4 RIGHT NOW.

If it eventuates it’d only be a solid 7/10 show because no Mass Effect or Fallout.

PSX Hype was insane. Just had to post this

Top Bottom