• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you're grabbing an Xbox One X, Why? & What games are you looking forward too?

Gowans

If you are getting an Xbox One X why and what games are you looking forward too?

I'll go first, i'm just waiting for a UK Preorder link to jump right away for launch.

Why

- I spend 90% of my gaming on Xbox (10% on PC/Switch)
- All my friends are on Xbox, play with a regular crew
- I have a 4K HDR TV in need of more 4K content
- Have a beefy 4K PC and have seen how lovely things can look
- Huge Xbox Fan
- Want more out of current Xbox Visuals

Pre Release Patched Games
- Forza Motorsport 7
- Middle Earth: Shadow of War
- The Witcher 3
- Ark: Survival Evolved
- Player Unknown Battlegrounds
- Call of Duty WW2 (No support announced yet)
- Star Wars Battlefront II (No support announced yet)

Games After X Release
- Sea of Thieves
- Metro Exodus
- State of Decay 2
- Crackdown 3
- ANTHEM

Games I Hope Get Patches
- Rainbow Six Siege
- Overwatch
- Project Cars 2
- Fortnight

I'm interested in a device that lets me play 3 generations of xbox titles.

Metro Exodus looks great
I always wanted to play D4
I'd probably check out Sunset Overdrive too

mcrommert

Banned
Why?

-All my friends are on xbox because of halo and forza
- Want to play games on the couch with a controller, but want better graphics
- Don't have a 4k tv but happy with supersampling having see how good that can look

Games

-was about to build a pc for player unknown...excited to see on xbox (though probably not as good without a mouse)
-halo wars 2 update
-destinny 2 update (hopefully)

mindsale

I'll almost certainly grab one for Shadows of War.

As a Mac enthusiast, high end consoles are he closest I get to Ultra PC settings, however brief.

Gowans

I'm interested in a device that lets me play 3 generations of xbox titles.
The normal Xbox One will let you do that, I guess if you're jumping in fresh.

Find it weird Halo 5 hasn't had a proper X update announced yet, they have to be still making money from Warzone.

creatchee

I've been in the Xbox ecosystem since the OG and will have a One X at launch. I have a large library of games and welcome the improvements to existing titles and look forward to better looking and performing new titles. Plus, I have friends spanning back to SOCOM II on PS2 that game on the platform whom I want to continue playing with.

That said, I have primarily played on PC for a few months now and prefer it to the console experience in general. If I didn't have the disposable income, I would probably pass.

ODDI

Why?
- Wanna upgrade from my XB1
- Trust me when I say it cheaper to get this versus a proper gaming PC where I live
- I prefer console gaming anyway
- Full BC got some xbox classics I'd love to try again

Games?.
- All of them?
- Forza 7/ Horizon
- Anthem
- Red Dead Redemption 2 omg

I am, before ps4 pro xbox one was my primary system for the generation. I have an external hdd with almost 200 games on it, many of which will recieve substantial upgrades. The game im looking forward to most on it is forza motorsport 7, that trailer looked stunning

Mainly just for third parties I was going to be buying anyways. AC Origins, Wolfenstein 2, Destiny 2(might go PS4 on this one depending on friends). The new Metro looked ace too.

I also have not played the Gears 4 campaign yet so looking forward to finally experiencing that on XBO X. I have not finished Witcher 3 so looking forward to playing that with the new patch (and the DLC I never started).

Why?
Well, I skipped XBO S since I was waiting for this. I have a nice 4K TV that I have been waiting to take advantage of. I'll probably put the launch XB1 in my bedroom for Netflix and such so I can ditch the 360.

Do we need yet another thread?

But in all seriousness I'll be getting one because Xbox is where the majority of my gaming friends are. If I am going to at with them, I want the best experience possible.

dissappointed in the first party but pretty much all multi plats besides 2k18 ( online league will be on ps4). I'm very interested in playing playersunknown been wanting it on pc but mines need an upgrade.

also majority of my friends are on xbox

Why?
- all of my friends are on Xbox
- I want the beefier Xbox console
- backwards compatibility

Games?
- all of them*, playing better on One X.

*Lord knows it'll be a Destiny 2 machine for a long time

Maximus P

I'm getting one.

why?

- Saved over £150 in amazon vouchers due to a work related bonus scheme
- Have a large 4k TV
- Play on my Xbox One S regularly with a group of friends
- Graphics aren't everything, I'm looking forward to faster load times and a snappier dashboard

Games i'm looking forward too-

Battlefront 2
Minecraft 4k
Player Unknown
Ori 2
Crackdown 3
Shadow of War

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
I'm in day 1. Gotta get Forza 7, PUBG, Ark, State of Decay, Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves, Anthem, ACO, and lots more third parties in 4K, true 4K!

I see lots of value in what they are offering, and with all that extra power I feel like the difference is noticeable (AAA in native 4K compared to 1800p checkerboard or less on PS4) so running at native res on my tv will look sharper.

Having all 3 Xbox gens on one system is also a big plus to me, and I have a feeling we will get another system in easily 3-4 years so it'll last me a while.

Can't wait for the pre order links to come up online!

pswii60

- Huge Xbox Fan

Gowans, I'm genuinely interested in this. What is it about Xbox that keeps you as a 'Huge Xbox Fan'? I'm just wondering what aspects of Xbox still resonate with you so strongly over the competition. I realise that all your mates having an Xbox will help massively of course.

I ask only because I was similarly a huge Xbox fan during both the OG Xbox and Xbox 360 generations but they completely lost me with Xbox One and everything since (and I am now in a deep relationship with my PS4 Pro!).

Microsoft has the chance to win me back - the fantastic hardware that is the Xbox One X will help, but the lack of investment in to first party games that interests me is a big problem.

EDIT: For me, if/when I get one it will very likely become my multiplat machine. It'll also give me a chance to play the XBO games I've missed out on like Gears and Halo 5. So, really pleased to see the Gears XOX patch. And I already played Ori when I used to have a XBO OG, so looking forward to the sequel.

Why

- Sold my OG XB1 waiting for this
- Sleek design
- Compact, cool 'n quiet
- Will be buying a 4k tv soon
- Already bought lots of 360 and XB1 games
- Play anywhere titles are a big bonus to me
- I currently have a beefy PC in my living room which I am moving to a room alongside a 2k gsync monitor, so I want powerful a console for the living room

Games
- Cuphead
- Super Lucky's Tale
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- Sea of Thieves

Yes, it's going to be my mulitplatform machine. Have PS4 and Switch for exclusives, decent gaming PC for Blizzard games and XB1X for everything else.

Mainly looking forward to FM7.

Cranster

Banned
I plan on getting an XOX but due to my debt I plan on waiting till it's much cheaper. Even $399 is too much for me right now.

I'm a fan of new tech and this looks promising. I mainly use my PS4 Pro but think I'll sell my Xbox S and get the Xbox One X.

Will probably get Forza as my launch game as that is looking amazing :O

Multiplats, which I think will have a stark difference once the face offs start rolling out.

UHD Player

Back Compat, now OG Xbox too!

Couple of exclusives here and there.

That's about it, I don't have a console at the moment and for me this is the obvious one to get. Will probably get Crackdown, COD, Minecraft, Ori 2, SOD2, couple of other things. More than enough to keep me going for ages.

Now I have to convince the Wife it's okay to buy this AND an iPad Pro 2 :p

edit - ooh I forget, Red Dead and Horizon 4 too. Slightly pricey console but it will be epic for those alone!

Because I buy every console even after swearing I won't (Switch, pro) so I'm just going all in now to avoid feeling silly when I cave. :) I greatly prefer the Xbox controller and ecosystem over the rest and I love BC. Also I have a big 4k hdr tv so I might as well have the latest hardware to go with it.

Game I'm looking forward to most is Horizon 4. hughjackmanstaringup.gif

dancmc

Yes, I will be getting one at launch.

1. I do not have a gaming PC and do not plan to ever get one
2. I have a 4k TV
3. I buy every new console and I think there are always a few exclusives worth my particular console investment.
4. I want to be able to choose to play 3rd parties either on the best looking version or the one with the best features and having both XOX and PS4P will allow me to do that.
5. I can afford to buy it.

Games I am looking for:
1. Crackdown 3 (even though yesterday's trailer was not that great)
2. Ori 2
3. Anthem

shandy706

-4k without building a second gaming PC
-Forza
-SoD2
-Crackdown
-Ori
-3rd Party Games

I'll continue to have my PS4, gaming PC, and OG X1 in my game room and put the XBOX in the living room.

Also considering moving OGX1 to daughters' room.

RoKKeR

Probably grabbing one. Xbox is my primary/only gaming platform and having my games look and run significantly better than they do now is enticing. Besides, having that come packaged in a small and sleek box is a big plus.

Mostly looking forward to big 3rd party titles like Red Dead, but particularly excited to see Ori 2 and Metro on this thing, along with Forza 7.

Gowans, I'm genuinely interested in this. What is it about Xbox that keeps you as a 'Huge Xbox Fan'? I'm just wondering what aspects of Xbox still resonate with you so strongly over the competition. I realise that all your mates having an Xbox will help massively of course.

I ask only because I was similarly a huge Xbox fan during both the OG Xbox and Xbox 360 generations but they completely lost me with Xbox One and everything since (and I am now in a deep relationship with my PS4 Pro!).

Microsoft has the chance to win me back - the fantastic hardware that is the Xbox One X will help, but the lack of investment in to first party games that interests me is a big problem.
Huge Xbox fan here also. Just a few reasons why

- the controller (both the regular and elite)
- Xbox live's rock solid stability
- games with gold
- achievements
- Xbox One OS is fantastic and is always getting improved
- ease of use with external storage
- game share

btags

I am not sure yet, but I may get one. Let me say this, I did not think the conference was that stellar and would not do a great job convincing people who do not own an xbone to buy the onex or even an xbone s. But, for me personally, I am still more excited for games like ori, crackdown, state of decay, and the usual microsoft franchises that will eventually come than I am about Sony's franchises and third party exclusives. Sony does have some great first party stuff and third party exclusives, and I acknowledge them as being quality, but they just don't do anything for me (still excited to see spiderman though, especially after playing sunset overdrive). In terms of third party stuff, most of the games I care about will be coming to both xbone and ps4 (I am not really into many japanese games, but again, know they are quality) and they will look best on xbone x, at least when only considering consoles.

People could say why not get a new PC. First off, there is the simplicity of console use. Yes I know PCs have become vastly more simple to use, but I am not talking about it in that sense. I used a laptop as my primary gaming machine during college and would spend so many hours tinkering with settings to see if I could get slightly better performance or graphics, and I know this would continue if I got a new pc. This is a personal thing obviously, but I know I would waste so many hours tweaking whereas on a console I cannot and therefore will just spend the time playing the games. In addition, to get the level of performance I would want out of a pc, I would have to invest more than I comfortable with right now. Five hundred dollars for xbox one x is expensive, but the pc I would want would be even more.

Lastly, with the way microsoft has been going I don't really see the xbone x as a bad investment for myself. Like I said, I cannot afford the pc I would want now, but if most of the first party games I am really interested in are play anywhere (which they are and likely will be in the future), I can just switch to a good pc when I can better afford it.

I do not expect xbox one x to turn things around for microsoft in a broad sense, nor do I think it will even sell that well based on the price, but for me it looks like it might be a good buy to continue playing the games I want with improved fidelity.

Gowans

I ask only because I was similarly a huge Xbox fan during both the OG Xbox and Xbox 360 generations but they completely lost me with Xbox One and everything since, and I am now in a deep relationship with my PS4 Pro.

Hey pswii60, it's a bit OT but you've been around here as long as I have so here's my ramble.

For me playing games is a massively social thing and I play with a group of close in real life friends a few times a week. What they have done with their platform and live since release has really helped up get together and have a great time (along with a whatsapp group) over the years.

We tend to focus on the online co-op games but we all have always jumped in to the Xbox stuff with Halo, Gears, Forza and other first party games being games we all play together.
At the moment we are bouncing around gamepass with a month long gamerscore competition and playing far to much Siege (tho taking a break due to no new content this quarter).

I'm also myself on board with the direction choices and whole xbox/win 10 play anywhere service especially and it being one platform, when I am on my PC in my office it's been great to throw stuff on.

Hope that makes sense.

pswii60

Huge Xbox fan here also. Just a few reasons why

- the controller (both the regular and elite)
- Xbox live's rock solid stability
- games with gold
- achievements
- Xbox One OS is fantastic and is always getting improved
- ease of use with external storage

Those are some fair points. I think the problem is that my experience of XBO was my launch XBO which I later sold. The OS was terrible back then and it also had the original XBO controller with the annoying triggers, which I believe has been redesigned since. I think I'd certainly use the 360 BC quite a bit too.
Hey pswii60, it's a bit OT but you've been around here as long as I have so here's my ramble.

For me playing games is a massively social thing and I play with a group of close in real life friends a few times a week. What they have done with their platform and live since release has really helped up get together and have a great time (along with a whatsapp group) over the years.

We tend to focus on the online co-op games but we all have always jumped in to the Xbox stuff with Halo, Gears, Forza and other first party games being games we all play together.
At the moment we are bouncing around gamepass with a month long gamerscore competition and playing far to much Siege (tho taking a break due to no new content this quarter).

I'm also myself on board with the direction choices and whole xbox/win 10 play anywhere service especially and it being one platform, when I am on my PC in my office it's been great to throw stuff on.

Hope that makes sense.
That's great to read, and refreshing compared to the usual rhetoric surrounding Xbox on here, which is why I asked. No agenda here. Really considering jumping back in with the Xbox One X (which will no doubt look glorious on my 4K OLED), but £450.. my word. I better get saving.. :)

Lister

Banned
Why (not)

Already have a PC that's way more powerful.
Already have an XboneS that does 4K media stuff.

So, I'm not planning on picking up an XboneX, but I do have a powerful PC so I am looking forward to some fo the games shown off at the Microsoft conference.

Games:

Sea of Thieves is number one on my list, This game looks so good!

Followed by Metro Exodus (here's hoping it's a lot more liek Stalker than the other Metro games), and State of Decay 2.

I hope they all offer crossplay, so I cna play with Xbone friends, though I only have two relaly that don't also have gmaing PC's.

JeffG

Why

- I bought a 4K HDR TV for games
- I am hip deep into Microsoft's world and don't want to deal with 2 different sources for games
- I prefer Console gaming to PC gaming
- I like the idea of getting the newest, but I gave up chasing upgrading my PC decades ago
- My setup will include my S used to stream to my Surface while the TV is being used (I did say I was hip deep into Microsoft's world lol) This is why I want to stay with one source for games

Games
I will replay Witcher in 4K, that will be cool. I hope Mass Effect gets a patch.
I will buy Anthem, I will pretty much buy anything from Bioware.
Ashen looked neat

I'm a sucker for consoles.

Most powerful at the moment.
4K UHD player.
Build quality has been on par recently.
Little box.
Will run games better while being hidden under my TV.

Buying it for rare replay and Sea of Thieves. Mostly because I can't be bothered with the windows store and if I'm going to buy an xbox it might as well be the newest one. Nothing else interests me on it.

Those are some fair points. I think the problem is that my experience of XBO was my launch XBO which I later sold. The OS was terrible back then and it also had the original XBO controller with the annoying triggers, which I believe has been redesigned since. I think I'd certainly use the 360 BC quite a bit too.
The launch OS was rough, I'll definitely admit. It's come a long, long way since then. The current version is easily my favorite console OS.

Being able to play 360 games again (or ones I missed the first time around) is really great.

shanew21

Trying to get the most out of my 4K HDR TV. I skipped PS4 Pro since it didn't have a UHD Blu-Ray drive, so I'm excited to get the X.

Gaenor

Banned
Why
  • I'm a gamer, therefore I feel like Microsoft has some good exclusives
  • I like to have the new consoles from the Big Three
Games
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • Forza Motorsport 7
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Cuphead
    +
  • Forza Horizon 3 4k patch
And I'll likely split the multiplatform games between the X and the Pro depending on the differences.

I'm still not 100% sure I'm going to get one, but I likely will.

If I do:

Why
- I have had every Xbox at launch since the OG Xbox (except the S).
- I have more friends on Xbox Live than I do on PSN - I mostly play single player games on PlayStation.
- I have a 4K HDR TV and didn't buy an Xbox One S.

Pre Release Patched Games
- Forza Motorsport 7
- The Witcher 3 - I never really got a chance to spend much time with it (backlog is insane), so getting into it with the update should be awesome.

Games After X Release
- Sea of Thieves

Games I Hope Get Patches
- Forza Horizon 3
- Elder Scrolls Online

Also, I can't wait to see what a Forza Horizon 4 on Xbox One X might look like!

Dosia

I will get one but maybe not at launch. I still dont have a 4k set and probably wont until late 18 as LG continues to make improvements to their OLEDs.

I was blown away seeing Horizon at Best Buy on a nice set, and I cant wait to jump in.

Fox Mulder

Im just an Xbox fan.

I love the elite controller, I love Forza, and I'm deep deep in the Xbox ecosystem with tons of digital games bought over 10+ years. Backwards compatibility is a great feature to me.

I have a PS4 for my second console, so I can pick up anything that interests me.

I'll be getting one (as well as a 4K TV) in November.

Why ?

- XLIVE / OS / Elite controller
- The Witcher 3
- Player Unknown Battlegrounds
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Crackdown 3
- Halo 5
- Wolfenstein & Doom
- Overwatch (if patched)
- Red Dead 2
- The new Dragon Ball Z
- Etc.

It's a far more powerful Xbox One, with terrific specs; I would have paid 600€ for it.

Top Bottom