• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Kart DS topic!

Nester

advancegrant said:
In case anyone was wondering my Target in Minnesota was selling it today for $34.00 even.

We've got a large state here. :p Which one!? I must go out and get it now.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I've played through a few cups on 50cc (2 new, 1 retro) and I beat the first level in Missions with at least 2 stars in each and I'm loving it so far. I can't wait to play online.

Nester

advancegrant said:
The Eagan Target had a bunch out for sale in MN.

Thanks. I'm not familiar with that one though I've been to the Walmart out there plenty of times. I'll have to look it up and head out there after I get off work.

Edit: They're holding one for me! The next 3 hours are going to drag.... :(

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
The Gamecrazy off of Olson Memorial Highway should have them in first thing tomorrow.

Nester

GaimeGuy said:
The Gamecrazy off of Olson Memorial Highway should have them in first thing tomorrow.

Gamestop in the Midway told me I could pick it up tomorrow morning too. That preorder can go to Sonic Rush, I need Mario Kart tonight!

Fuzzy

huzkee said:
has anyone had any luck at Future Shop finding it?
I called both Future Shop (on Kennedy) and Best Buy (next to Scarborough Town Centre and at Markville) this afternoon and neither had them so I bought it at the TRU at Markville for $35 CAD + tax.

BTW I just took some time making my avatar into my emblem. :D

Tiktaalik

I went to the TRU in Kingston and surprisingly they had tons of copies. I got it for C$35 thanks to their great sale they're having.

I've only played one race in 50cc so far and it's unbearably slow. I'm going to jump to 100cc as soon as I finish this cup.

Fuzzy

jamesinclair said:
Someone has to know.

:(

Will i be able to race on la tarta without importing?
I just checked and didn't see any where to change the language in the game. I'll try changing my DS' language in the system setup and see if it changes anything. Just let me finish the grand prix I'm in now.

Matlock

Banned
Haha, just saw a Wal-Mart ad for MKDS. Almost 60% gameplay footage, looked real nice...

Plus they pushed the multiplayer, not too shabby.

c'mon MKDS, don't suck!

Fuzzy said:
I just checked and didn't see any where to change the language in the game. I'll try changing my DS' language in the system setup and see if it changes anything. Just let me finish the grand prix I'm in now.

Alright, thanks.

It would be stupid if the US version lakced the languages when the EU versions is shipping a week later.

Fuzzy

Okay, I changed the language in the DS' system setup to Spanish and all the menus in MKDS are now in Spanish.

Fuzzy said:
Okay, I changed the language in the DS' system setup to Spanish and all the menus in MKDS are now in Spanish.

Yes!

Thanks for looking into this.

And thanks Nintendo for including it as well, although its a strange way of doing it...

:)

Fuzzy

It doesn't seem that strange once you think about it. If you set the language of your DS to something then it's a pretty good bet you want all your games to also be that language.

Fuzzy said:
It doesn't seem that strange once you think about it. If you set the language of your DS to something then it's a pretty good bet you want all your games to also be that language.

Well, some games I prefer in english (asphalt) and some spanish (mario kart)

Incidently:

Plan De Guadalupe, MX 127

Redmond, WA 126

Random!

I hope Nintendo expands these stats. Top 20 cities, top 5 cities by region (canada, US, central america etc)

I love stats.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
fallout said:
Slick ... until you try and organize anything, heh.

Friend codes?

Anywho. My tummy hurts. I'm gonna go to the bathroom. I'm gonna take a dump. And play Mario Kart online. Cuz I can.

fallout

Mejilan said:
Friend codes?
Sadly, they don't work as well as one would like. Maybe me and my N-Sider buddies have been suffering from router incompatibilities or something, but getting 3+ people together has proven to be pretty tough.

Spencerr

Banned
I just called Target and got the worst service ever. I could hear the stupid bitch talking to the manager about how to search for a game, she kept saying Mario "Brawthers" for the nintendo ds........ NO MARIO KART YOU FUCKTARD.

Anyway. The only words coming to mind right now are offensive to all ages.

Mejilan

Nintendo never ships games to arrive in stores on Mondays. No one should have really expected to get it today, outside of great luck or a miracle or some such.

I'd be curious to try the Friend Code thing later, then. I set my MK to automatically flag me when my friends come online. I just don't have any friends with codes yet.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
RE: Mario Kart Tournament (N-Sider
Hey guys, I'm just giving a little update on the tournament regitration:

1) So far, 46 people have registered, ONLY 14 have done it correctly - the MARIOKART FRIEND ID we ask for, that's the 12 digit ID, not "I_LOVE_STEPHANIE_RHODES" or something stupid like that.

2) forum name? N-Sider forum name, not forum name everywhere.

3) Registration Deadline is December 1st.

So yea, if you guys are registering, please make sure you have all the required info, or you'll be DQ'd

edit: most Canadian EB's got MarioKart today, mine did.

Mejilan

DrEvil said:
RE: Mario Kart Tournament (N-Sider
So yea, if you guys are registering, please make sure you have all the required info, or you'll be DQ'd

Dragon Quested? Wrong thread. Neat prize, however. ;)

I think i put my id in right.. im pretty sure i did.. o_O

if i re-register just cause i cant remember will i get dq'd? :p

And on a different note..

I love how EGM fucks ratings up the ass.. with mario karts 86.7% on gamerankings.. God i hate that magazine..

Mejilan

Oh man, I think I was just about to get my ass owned by Kobun when my WFC dropped out.

Anyone else getting dropout errors?

Nester

advancegrant said:
In case anyone was wondering my Target in Minnesota was selling it today for $34.00 even.

Thanks again! I managed to grab a copy right before they closed!

I really wish I could set accelerate to B and item use to Y. My hand is killing me after a few races. I've never had a problem with any of the DS games I've played.

Oh well, I'll get used to it. Mario Kart online!

Mejilan

Bitches who disconnect after losing the first race are bitches. Dude was 1 for 5 too, according to his ranking. Punker.

Mejilan

Good, I need 'em. :)

Having my Linksys router in "mixed" mode (meaning, B and G modes) shouldn't affect anything, right?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Aussies rejoice! I picked up mine today :D Eb Broke Date :p Some stores have it some dont :p

Prepare for Racing!

Nester

Mejilan said:
Weapons with L too. Not just X

I know, but it's not the weapons position I can't stand, it's the accelerate button. Would fit my hand much better if I could change it to B. I use L for weapons either way. With A I end up holding down the X button on accident which screws up weapon throwing.

Top Bottom