• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice (Vita) teaser site launches, 5/10 reveal

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
pulled some more
JMFOs.png

FEieN.png

GKOWd.png

BNBvr.png

HYTQN.png

ppH2R.png

Roubjon

If this is being made by From Software, and it sure looks like it's going to be, then buying a Vita just got so much easier.

duckroll

Don't post incomplete segments, assemble them if you can instead. I've assembled the Centaur, and I'm done for now. Too much effort lol.

Nj119.png

web01

I does not look like From Software souls game artwork to me, but that could just be different individual artists so hard to tell.

Hag

Didn't care about that much until seeing the FS/Dark Souls comparison stuff

Thanks thread, now I'm hype as fuck for this lol

duckroll

"It's not about cooperation... it's about fighting shoulder to shoulder."

Umm, English isn't my native language, but doesn't that still count as a form of cooperation?

The line in Japanese is actually more like "Sorcerers don't work together, but they FIGHT together."

Ridley327

It must be a well known developer if Sony is paying for a 6 page ads. Hopefully it is From Software.

I'd say they're paying for six-page ads more because they don't want the Vita to be associated with old PS2 ports than anything else. ;)

For all we know, they got Access Games to work on this as an unofficial followup to the Lord of Arcana/Apocalypse series, but that's not what's important right now. If they want to fill in the void left by MonHun's departure, it would make sense that they'd want to get the word out in a big way.

Alrus

I'd say they're paying for six-page ads more because they don't want the Vita to be associated with old PS2 ports than anything else. ;)

If they want to fill in the void left by MonHun's departure, it would make sense that they'd want to get the word out in a big way.

If they want to fill the void left by MH (thus focusing on japan), then From Software isn't the best choice tbh.

Ridley327

If they want to fill the void left by MH (thus focusing on japan), then From Software isn't the best choice tbh.

There really aren't too many independent devs in Japan that are up to that task, I think. I think that might suggest that this may end up being a Japan Studio joint (surely, they've got to be working on something other than TLG?), but it'd be hard to tell where this will end up if that is indeed the case.

Alrus

There really aren't too many independent devs in Japan that are up to that task, I think. I think that might suggest that this may end up being a Japan Studio joint (surely, they've got to be working on something other than TLG?), but it'd be hard to tell where this will end up if that is indeed the case.

Well I worded my sentence badly actually, From is a great studio and is pretty good at getting a game out in a timely manner (something Japan Studio often lacks and the Vita really needs games out soon). So they're not a bad choice for a partnership really...

But the Souls universe isn't really that popular in Japan (well, relative to MH and other mega franchises), so if this game is supposed to fill the MH void in Japan, they would be better off with something new... (on top of that the multiplayer system in the Souls game doesn't fit well with the local co-op system that made MH such a big franchise).

Edit: Well seeing the very dark/creepy art style, I'm going to guess this isn't geared toward Japan specifically and more toward the west, thus From Software and the Soul franchise would be a good choice.

Bebpo

Banned
The Japanese phrase actually sounds like Demon Souls/Dark Souls MP. It's saying you're not playing co-op but your fighting on the same battlefield. Sounds like indirect co-op like the Souls games.

I don't think this is From Soft or Dark/Demon Souls related, but who knows.

I don't see how people are comparing this art to SE... if someone could enlighten me

Look up Lord of Arcana.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I'm going to fucking hate some of you (not really) if this doesn't turn out to be a FROM Software Soul-series project for the Vita.

Bebpo

Banned
I think you're setting yourself up for a disappointment. This is a pure multiplayer action game. It's not a RPG.

Monster Hunter x Demon Souls

and not by Capcom or From Software

Because we all know that to make a hit game for your system, you just take one hit game and mix it with another hit game :p

Top Bottom