• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Anne

Months later and I still can't get over how good Tekken is and how long it took me to get on board.

I haven't heard anybody local bring up MvCI in months so I forgot it was coming out so soon lol

Numb

from out of nowhere? a new arena fighter dropping in dec

kamen rider fans rejoice?
Some folks don't consider arena fighters as fighters going by the Arms thread

Months later and I still can't get over how good Tekken is and how long it took me to get on board.

I haven't heard anybody local bring up MvCI in months so I forgot it was coming out so soon lol
Tekken one I those that takes some time to click

Anne

Tekken one I those that takes some time to click

I mean I've "gotten it" for awhile with Tekken 7. I'm still not strong and it's still not easy, but it's not hard at all to get how it works as a fighting game. I'm just glad I've had it for a few months and the shiny hasn't worn off for me.

Numb

I mean I've "gotten it" for awhile with Tekken 7. I'm still not strong and it's still not easy, but it's not hard at all to get how it works as a fighting game. I'm just glad I've had it for a few months and the shiny hasn't worn off for me.
It ain't easy and you aren't even raging like a certain chensor 😅

Watching the game for 2yrs+ before it drops
Takes alot for it not to lose its shine when you get it amazing that it didn't.
And it's not like tag 2 where there was so much of everything

shaowebb

from out of nowhere? a new arena fighter dropping in dec

kamen rider fans rejoice?

It went from eye roll at the teaser to back on my radar with the gameplay and tidbits they dropped. Its not 4 player free for all...it has various modes. 1v1, 2v2, 4 player. Whatever.

Its got me curious and back on my radar with its skill system. It claims its all about using a rider's unique skills often to make them more powerful as you play. "Unique Skills" include form changes mid combo as I saw from Den-O and they specifically said Faiz had a form change as a skill too.

The reason this has me interested again is because from the way combos played it looked like skills may act as a new cancel system to replace the "rider cancels" and more standard cancels like jump cancels from Climax Heroes. IF and only IF they have skills or some cancel system in place will this be an instabuy for me because that sorta stuff is what made Chou Climax Heroes so insanely fun. You were just so flexible and could chain and string together crazy shit. You could just be creative as hell on the fly or in the lab. Incredibly fun. If skills work as cancels (and Den-O made it look like it did) then this'll be good.

Climax Fighters already had one crucial element that games like J Stars Victory Vs failed to understand about arena fighters from what I saw. Spacing. In huge arenas its no fun to have no way to force confrontation. J Stars didn't have, like Pokken or other arena fighters, a lot of tools to throw on the stage to box people in. I already saw really good zoning, area effect tools, and rapid movement options to close gaps in Kamen Rider Climax Fighters plus it didn't look like they abused terrain obstruction with like boxes or crates to any severe level which leads me to believe you may actually get to fight instead of run around all day like in Jstars waiting to hit your exact same combo over and over. Jstars tried to use arena objects to create pockets in the arena that could box you in to force confrontation and that doesn't work. That game felt like if every musou combo had 3000ft knockback and didn't kill. Just huuuuuuge start and stop pacing and environments that just couldn't replace what system mechanics should have handled in terms of forcing confrontation.

Im interested to hear more. I need to know if it has cancels though.

MechaX

I am just randomly curious; do a lot of top players play other games or non fighting-games.

Like, I know people like Aris play other stuff (even if it is mostly Dark Souls), and I have at least seen Kbrad play FF7.

But then I think of other people like FChamp where he was recently asked if he was interested in playing any other games at all in 2017, and he was just like "nah, all I do is play SF or Mahvel."

I am just shooting the shit, but I was just wondering what these kind of top players do with their time.

shaowebb

MVCI final boss leaked. Not Venom symbiote Sigma Ultron like I predicted ( I thought they'd literally choose something that lame lol).
Kinda like it even .

Also I aint in Pittsburgh but its not too far for me...around 2 hours if that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
MVCI final boss leaked. Not Venom symbiote Sigma Ultron like I predicted ( I thought they'd literally choose something that lame lol).
Kinda like it even .

Also I aint in Pittsburgh but its not too far for me...around 2 hours if that.

isnt it the arcade mode final boss?

shaowebb

I am just randomly curious; do a lot of top players play other games or non fighting-games.

Like, I know people like Aris play other stuff (even if it is mostly Dark Souls), and I have at least seen Kbrad play FF7.

But then I think of other people like FChamp where he was recently asked if he was interested in playing any other games at all in 2017, and he was just like "nah, all I do is play SF or Mahvel."

I am just shooting the shit, but I was just wondering what these kind of top players do with their time.

I know 16 bit likes some stuff. I think Culdcept and Shmups. Floe plays games like "I wanna be the Boshy" and shit for some sick self destructive reason lol
Also a lot of them play card games. Can't remember who it was that was a major pro from Japan but they were all over Hearthstone.

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys I just got Menat. Can't wait to play as her:

freemealrequestmenata_by_freemeal-dbmx1ne.png

:)

CO_Andy

how can Tekken be any good if it's not noob friendly?

we're experiencing a second fighting renaissance and there's no SC or VF sequel in sight

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
how can tekken be good if its not made by capcom tf

But that joke only worked 5 years ago.

Now it's "but how can it be good if it's made by Capcom?" at least judging by the internet.

Momochi's stream when it isn't SF5 is Splatoon 2.

I know 16 bit likes some stuff. I think Culdcept and Shmups.

Wait, me? Cause I don't play either of those.

When I was top and grinding like crazy I did play other games. This was 2011-2014 before the sponsor/pro league era though. Some of the top guys I know that are grinding the Injustice Pro Series and going to tournaments every weekend do not play other games though. There's no time, they're not even home half the week anymore. So it wouldn't surprise me if some of the pro tour guys either play nothing but portable games for flights or nothing at all.

shaowebb

Wait, me? Cause I don't play either of those.

When I was top and grinding like crazy I did play other games. This was 2011-2014 before the sponsor/pro league era though. Some of the top guys I know that are grinding the Injustice Pro Series and going to tournaments every weekend do not play other games though. There's no time, they're not even home half the week anymore. So it wouldn't surprise me if some of the pro tour guys either play nothing but portable games for flights or nothing at all.

Shit for real? Who the hell was it that used to talk Culdcept and shmups with me then?
Wait...we have a "sixteen-bit " on GAF as well as you here dont we. My mistake.
So...wanna play some culdcept and Senko No Ronde 2 :p
Im actually playing Ibara tonight. G Rev is good but Cave calls to me

Not familiar with them. I'll look them up now, thanks.
you can shoot me a message if you want, I can link you the facebooks and discords. Im not as active as I used to be since all I play is a little bit of tekken these days

Also, there is monthlies tomorrow on the south side at victory pointe

Rhaknar

Watching MUGEN videos on Max's youtube channel kinda got me hype to fuck around with it while I wait for Infinite.

edit: nvm im too lazy for this shit ;_;

N4Us

Watching MUGEN videos on Max's youtube channel kinda got me hype to fuck around with it while I wait for Infinite.

edit: nvm im too lazy for this shit ;_;

You could probably just grab a premade pack with the characters that interest you, and if you ever wanna modify it later on you'd have a template ready for it at least.

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
JoJo ASB:
Yoshikage Kira (blue stand) VS Kosaku Kira: (pink stand)
http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31857070

I've already talked about these characters before, so I'll just remind you of some things:
1)Both Kiras' projectiles are unblockable.
2)When you hear Kosaku say the word 'cushion', he's applying one hit of invincibility to himself.
3)When Kosaku plants a bomb inside his opponent (they sparkle), he can detonate it at any time and it's unblockable (you can parry it). Yoshikage's can be blocked.
4)Yoshikage's ultra is unblockable.
5)Yes, Koasku's combos/set-ups often involve him parrying his own attacks mid combo.

This is a very close set and both players pull out every trick the can. Very exciting to watch.

I'll try to find some characters that haven't been shown next week.

with your Hit Box?

Yeah. I was too lazy to even "learn" hitbox in the lab so I just jumped into tournament with it and figured it out on the spot. I'm pretty comfortable with it already.

Edit: "comfortable" as in doing basic neutral and whatnot and simple combos. Nothing advanced yet but it doesn't feel like I'm using some piece of alien technology.

Tizoc

Tizoc gonna be posting til the year 2046

2046 would be the 55th anniversary of Street Fighter II's release, being the beginning of the Fighting game scene.
I'll keep posting til then and beyoooooooooooooooooooooooond

Thank you for these, always make my Monday a bit better.

I don't say it nearly often enough but I appreciate these post. Always provides a variety of fighters to watch.

rvKFwxD.gif

shaowebb

Thanos looks fun

Thanos is sick. He has these nice palmbreaker loops and kara throws and they're still finding shit every other moment. He controls space so damned well with his projectiles, movement and tools. Definitely a dude I expect to see more of after this.

Really sucked seeing Captain Marvel's damage. Scaling is killing her. She lands hits easy though so it looks like it'll work out fine. Especially with her projectile IDGAF move.

Anyone catch the Arthur tech from Bum? I missed it.

shaowebb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wzYRN6lS6o

Frosty Faustings going to host TvC on Dolphin as an official game.

Yup yup yup. They've had good showings for TvC each year. Its pretty much our big event now. Discord is still active and matches are common. The new dolphin shader stuff they added makes it even smoother. Game looks and runs so good its no wonder its bein played on it now because thats how the community plays the game now to keep it alive.

Plus you may not believe it since all most remember were the Zero/Tekka Blade or Zero/Alex shenanigans of Marn from those days but the meta has developed a lot. Quite a few other characters and teams have gained prominence. There are several Joe the Condor and Ippatsuman teams now that are sick. Ippatsuman is no longer an in and out guy for some because some sick loops started getting prominent. He still ins and outs you but if he wants to pour it on he gets good rewards. A ton of Polimar teams, some Batsu guys usually show, Ryu is/has been/always will be used a lot, Cashern be goin for unblockables forever, and overall just lots of variety all the time. Hell theres a Volnutt team that comes up a lot now too.

TvC tournies never seem to be mirrors or single character dominated anymore. Definitely check it out.

Anne

That feel when you don't know how to fight Hwoarang and then you go look at his movelist and there's like a million stances and it goes on forever and and and ;~;

Top Bottom