• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

The thing about Cauliflower and Kale is that they're both a) too new and b) the saga they're introduced in hasn't even really gotten fully under way, yet. At most, as far as Super content goes, I don't see them going past Goku Black for Base Roster.

I can. Simply because both characters are female, and they wouldn't be *another* Goku, Vegeta, Gohan or Buu.

That said, I think it's more realistic to expect multiple Gokus, Vegetas, Gohans and Buus in this roster.

1. Goku
2. Vegeta
3. Gohan
4. Piccolo
5. Future Trunks
6. Krillin
7. Tien
8. Master Roshi
9. Gotenks
10. Android 17
11. Android 18
12. Mr. Satan
13. Freeza
14. Cell
15. Majin Buu
16. Kid or Super Buu
17. Beerus
18. Hit
19. Goku Black
20. Zamasu

cordy

Banned
I'd be surprised if there's any Super character who isn't Goku, Vegeta, Freeza and Beerus in the base game and not as DLC or in an undoubted sequel. ASW isn't going to be bringing out a large roster. Makes sense to get Z out of the way and then leave the rest for DLC and sequels.

Shit, it's called FighterZ. If they give us more than 5 Super characters in the base roster I'd be floored.

Alienous

Considering how they appear to be well received both in Japan and the States I doubt those two facts will be an issue.

It would. It takes a long time to create a fighting game character. When characters were being considered Caulifla and Kale wouldn't have even appeared on the whiteboard.

Basketball

Fixed with just 20

1. Goku
  2. Future Trunks
  3. Vegeta
  4. Beerus for Superboys
  5. (Teen) Gohan
  6. Ultimate/Mystic Gohan
  7. Krillin
  8. Tien
  9. Piccolo
  10. Android 17
  11. Android 18
  12. Android 16
  13. Frieza
  14. Ginyu
  15. Majin Buu
  16. Kid Buu
  17. (Perfect) Cell
  18. Broly
  19. Super Buu
  20. Gotenks

Pre-Order/DLC
Goku Black
Vegito/Gogeta
Super throwaways
SS4 Goku/Vegeta would be sweet
Super 17

Trickster

Isnt zamasu that green/purple abomination from Super? People actually want that thrash tier character designs in this game???

Baleoce

I'd be surprised if there's any Super character who isn't Goku, Vegeta, Freeza and Beerus in the base game and not as DLC or in an undoubted sequel. ASW isn't going to be bringing out a large roster. Makes sense to get Z out of the way and then leave the rest for DLC and sequels.

Shit, it's called FighterZ. If they give us more than 5 Super characters in the base roster I'd be floored.

I think because of Golden Frieza (obviously, cos he's already in) and Beerus might get a pass yeah, because of their inclusion in the Z films. I'm not sure anyone outside of that from Super (at least in the base version of this game) is guaranteed at all.

Got four games in at E3 and Cell is the hypest fucking character in history. That goddamm shout in his intro and during his lvl3 Kamehameha. Norio Wakamoto!

Black will almost certainly be included, he's existed long enough that they've have plenty of time to work him in.

Beerus is a given too.

So I'm expecting it to dip into Super so we can get more real villians & less jobbers.

1.) Super Trunks
2.) Goku Black
3.) Beerus
4.) Hit
5.) RoF Style Goku
6.) Rof Style Vegeta
7.) Piccolo
8.) Mystic Gohan
9.) Gotenks
10.) 18
11.) Krillian
12.) Tien
13.) Kid Buu
14.) Nappa

That's a good list.

Fj0823

Reminder that the Xenoverse team rushed to get Hit in Xenoverse 2 at the last minute because of his gigantic popularity at the time of development. There was supposed to be no Super at launch for Xenoverse 2 .

Caulifla totally has a chance

Alienous

I think because of Golden Frieza (obviously, cos he's already in) and Beerus might get a pass yeah, because of their inclusion in the Z films. I'm not sure anyone outside of that from Super (at least in the base version of this game) is guaranteed at all.

ArcSys: "Hey Bandai Namco, you know those Super characters who drove pre-orders for Xenoverse 2, whose announcements garnered millions of video views, and were the selling point of the Xenoverse 2 DLC?"

B-N: "... yeah?"

ArcSys: "Well we're not going to put them in this game, because of DBZ purity or some shit"

B-N: "You're fired"

That's how that would go down.

bethore

It's a bit worrying to see how unified the movesets are for the six playable characters. I can't tell if it's like that because these are sort of the main characters of DBZ and they'll have the easiest movesets to learn. Or because the game is Dragonball so they need to appeal to a more casual friendly audience by giving everybody the same moves. I didn't hear fans complaining how swallow the Dragonball games are of recent years so I'm going to assume the latter which is disappointing as hell. Guilty Gear and BlazBlue are great games with some of the most unique playstyles in the fighting genre. Reading some of the comments on this game from here and various other sites made me realize that Dragonball fans would rather have a fan service game like the Tenkaichi or Xenoverse series and just want to see a large roster of characters.

No Broly no buy.
Will still buy it, but I'll be really disappointed.

Also get my female saiyans in. Based Plague was right.

Balfour

my hopeful list

Goku
Vegeta
Ssj2 kid Gohan
Ultimate Gohan
Future Trunks
Piccolo
Krillin
Tien
Yamcha
Ginyu
Frieza
Cell
Majin Buu
Kid Buu
Broly
Beerus
Gotenks
Vegeto
Hercule (joke)
Nappa
Raditz

Stages
World Tournament
Namek
Plains (where Raditz fought)
Desert/Crags (goku v vegeta)
Supreme Kai's Planet
King Kai's Planet
Atmosphere/Asteroid
Room of Spirit and Time
Goku's House
Capsule Corp
Future Destroyed City
Kami's Lookout
Hell

I stuck with Z mostly aside form Beerus (he did appear in a DBZ movie lol) I bet SSB and Beerus are guarantees. If so I want SSB to be a high costing transformation instead. I have no hope for GT and old DB so

Alienous

It's a bit worrying to see how unified the movesets are for the six playable characters. I can't tell if it's like that because these are sort of the main characters of DBZ and they'll have the easiest movesets to learn. Or because the game is Dragonball so they need to appeal to a more casual friendly audience by giving everybody the same moves. I didn't hear fans complaining how swallow the Dragonball games are of recent years so I'm going to assume the latter which is disappointing as hell. Guilty Gear and BlazBlue are great games with some of the most unique playstyles in the fighting genre. Reading some of the comments on this game from here and various other sites made me realize that Dragonball fans would rather have a fan service game like the Tenkaichi or Xenoverse series and just want to see a large roster of characters.

The game's representative said that the six characters were chosen because they were the most orthodox, so as to best allow people to enjoy it at E3 (that last part might not have been said, but I believe it was implied), so it's possible if not likely that the movelists of the characters to come aren't so homogenous.

I mean, that's the nature of DB.

If you want more diverse abilities, go to JoJo or HxH.

TWILT

Banned
Give me my boy Future Trunks soon please. It can be the OG or the Super version; just really want my favorite character in the series in lol.

Already have him and SSJ2 Gohan planned on my team. Not sure who the 3rd will be, but I'm hoping either 17 and/or 18 are in too.

Lynx_7

Reminder that the Xenoverse team rushed to get Hit in Xenoverse 2 at the last minute because of his gigantic popularity at the time of development. There was supposed to be no Super at launch for Xenoverse 2 .

I imagine it's both easier and faster to rush a Xenoverse character than Fighter Z considering how much more complex the latter is both in gameplay and visuals. There's also the matter of us not really knowing which one is Toei's darling girl right now, Kale or Cauli. I'm gonna guess Kale has a much better chance considering she is in the opening and had more exposure on marketing and stuff.

the fact that the game is only 20% done gives me hope for recent Super characters like Caulifla and Kale, esp if they wanna reach for a few more female picks besides 18 and maybe Videl. Those are basically the only two I REALLY want, besides them I'm good with just about any other character they could go with. (Well, besides filling up the roster with a surplus of alternate gokus and vegetas.)

Hyperbolic Time Chamber
Supreme Kai World
Random Earth City
Wasteland
Red Ribbon Base/Lab
Tropical Island Environment
Inside Buu

My stage guesses.
Good choices.

All I ask for is Launch.

tumblr_static_filename_640_v2.gif
tumblr_lyu4c6MJML1ro1rkmo3_400.gif
tumblr_ogn8ejGIih1ufw8o4o1_500.png

Trickster

the producer said in an interview that the 6 characters shown so far are the most standard characters in the game. im guessing the 3v3 nature of the game also means that characters will have less individual special moves than in 1v1 games

Siege.exe

As long as Hit gets in, and I think he has a really good shot, I'm good with who ever else is in the final roster. ASW are going to do some wild shit with his time powers and it's gonna be great.

Neoxon

What I want...
  1. Goku
  2. Vegeta
  3. (Teen) Gohan
  4. Ultimate/Mystic Gohan
  5. Krillin
  6. Master Roshi
  7. Tien
  8. Piccolo
  9. Android 17
  10. Android 18
  11. Future Trunks
  12. Frieza
  13. Hercule Satan
  14. Majin Buu
  15. (Perfect) Cell
  16. Gotenks
  17. Yamcha
  18. Beerus
  19. Whis
  20. Hit
  21. Zamasu
  22. Tao Pai Pai
  23. King Piccolo
  24. Launch

What I expect...
  1. Goku
  2. Vegeta
  3. (Teen) Gohan
  4. Ultimate/Mystic Gohan
  5. Krillin
  6. Master Roshi
  7. Tien
  8. Piccolo
  9. Android 17
  10. Android 18
  11. Android 16
  12. Frieza
  13. Ginyu
  14. Majin Buu
  15. Kid Buu
  16. (Perfect) Cell
  17. Gotenks
  18. SSB Goku
  19. SSB Vegeta
  20. Beerus
  21. Whis
  22. Hit
  23. Goku Black
  24. Future Trunks

NeonZ

The desert where Goku faced Vegeta and later everyone faced Super Buu, the Cell Games arena and space with Earth in the background (Goku vs Beerus) are shown in the trailer too, even though they aren't in the demo.

Isnt zamasu that green/purple abomination from Super? People actually want that thrash tier character designs in this game???

That's actually
Zamasu's and Goku Black's fusion.
He doesn't look like that from the start though.

At the very least we'll probably get Hit and Goku Black from Super.

bethore

The game's representative said that the six characters were chosen because they were the most orthodox, so as to best allow people to enjoy it at E3 (that last part might not have been said, but I believe it was implied), so it's possible if not likely that the movelists of the characters to come aren't so homogenous.

That's good to hear. I forgot that E3 demos usually have simplified mechanics.

Spman2099

What I want...
  1. Goku
  2. Vegeta
  3. (Teen) Gohan
  4. Ultimate/Mystic Gohan
  5. Krillin
  6. Master Roshi
  7. Tien
  8. Piccolo
  9. Android 17
  10. Android 18
  11. Future Trunks
  12. Frieza
  13. Hercule Satan
  14. Majin Buu
  15. (Perfect) Cell
  16. Gotenks
  17. Yamcha
  18. Beerus
  19. Whis
  20. Hit
  21. Zamasu
  22. Tao Pai Pai
  23. King Piccolo
  24. Launch

Neoxon: the voice of reason. ;)

I would be super happy with that roster...

Top Bottom