• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

TankUP

Jaina card is guaranteed fake. They JUST said you don't build decks around these cards.

What I mean is that if one says "build a custom beast", and another says "your hero power now does 3 damage", that will be lame.

I think the hero powers will be more creative than that, but prepare yourself for variety of power levels.

scarlet

They said warlock still won't be good enough. So expect mediocre hero card. But then again it'd probably to be only 1 useful hero card.

Blizzard

Banned
I can only hope rogue is broken in the aggro sense if every other class gets heal/armor/control tools.

I'll never have time to ladder otherwise.

scarlet

Rogue shouldn't have either. You can't give the strongest tempo class in the game comeback mechanics, they'd never lose a game.

That's why I said it'd (rogue) be great. Like OP great.

But there's a chance for healing with lifesteal + cold blood.

Pooya

pretty sure every class gets some form of lifesteal this time around. They said it's their way to give classes that normally don't have healing, healing. Priest and paladin already got lifesteal so probably everyone has one at least even classes with healing.

If rogue gets a weapon buff with life steal (like they got with poisonous) then maybe you can play control style rogue, still it won't work with bladeflurry lol. They should change flurry so that these weapon interactions work at least, that could be cool and game changing. These are not the cards that you ever play in miracle style rogue, it will help create new rogue decks.

I hope it's not a weapon buff though. I want a 1/3 weapon for 1 that has text lifesteal. I think that's reasonable. Some 1-2 cost spell won't be worthwhile, you need to dagger for 2 and it will have only 2 charges and needs some kind of attack buff on top to be worthwhile unless it's included in the spell. I'd rather have a 1 cost weapon which you can buff with deadly poison, it also helps envenom to be more playable. 1/3 weapons are quite powerful in the meta game as seen in pirate warrior. Just playing upgrade on turn 1 can be very good let alone first mate.

I'm Priest facing lethal against Paladin. I have no board and he has a Drake, Kodo, Megasaur, and a Poisonous Tidecaller

I top deck Potion of Madness, steal the Tidecaller to remove the Drake, and Dragonfire to clear the board.

A few turns later he concedes when I play a second Tarim (courtesy of DrakOp from Netherspite).

Blizzard

Banned
I'm Priest facing lethal against Paladin. I have no board and he has a Drake, Kodo, Megasaur, and a Poisonous Tidecaller

I top deck Potion of Madness, steal the Tidecaller to remove the Drake, and Dragonfire to clear the board.

A few turns later he concedes when I play a second Tarim (courtesy of DrakOp from Netherspite).
And this is why priest / discovery is horrible to play against. :(

On an unrelated note, I am doing okay-ish with token bloodlust shaman, but I have a terrible record against other shaman players. Even if they seem to have a similar deck, most of them apparently have 2x lightning storm. Some also have jade spirit and jade chieftain.

Is that just an anti-shaman thing or should I consider using a similar strategy?

ZeroX03

Banned
Seems like now is a pretty great time to farm arena. So many weak players running around, I suck at arena and still got seven wins with Warrior before bowing out.

Blizzard

Banned
It finally happened! So late in the month, but I hit level 10 with the token shaman deck. Thanks to the people who encouraged me to go with an extra doppleganger and mana tide token. I guess those really did help.

*edit* Third arena run in a row, still no mage offered.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I imagine Jain's hero power would involve summoning Elementals. Perhaps even Water Elementals specifically since Blizzard views her as more of an ice mage.

Being able to summon a 3/6 Lifesteal card that freezes units every turn for 2 mana would help stall a lot of things in a Mage control deck.

That art also looks way more like what I would actually expect them to ship for Hearthstone than the trailer art. She has two different designs as it is in the promo art and she's by far Blizzard's least consist character in terms of art design.

What if they turn Jain's hero power into...

Cone_of_Cold%2826%29.png

Hybris

And this is why priest / discovery is horrible to play against. :(

On an unrelated note, I am doing okay-ish with token bloodlust shaman, but I have a terrible record against other shaman players. Even if they seem to have a similar deck, most of them apparently have 2x lightning storm. Some also have jade spirit and jade chieftain.

Is that just an anti-shaman thing or should I consider using a similar strategy?

They will be favored in the matchups if they are running storm and volcano, but it is winnable still. If you get a read they are playing a slower deck, you want to play for value and force them to aoe until they run out. Hero power every turn and the threat of bloodlust will force them to aoe even if you don't have it. Bide your time until you can finish, hopefully before their stuff gets too big. Try to stick a mana tide and protect it. That's going to be your biggest % increase play.

If they are just running the token bloodlust with storms added it's a really tough matchup for you. That's definitely tech'd for the mirror. If you see a lot of token shaman it can be worth running a copy.

You can try out the slower lists if you like, but if you are going for wins, the token deck is just more refined right now. Even if the slower decks turn out to be stronger (which I doubt will be the case) they aren't quite there yet.

And grats on the rank 10!

Wow, I still have a 8-1 arena run from the first week of the expansion going.

I knew I had a run going. And I knew the draft was pretty decent. Didn't know I played to 8 wins already.

ZeroX03

Banned
Fuck me Stonehill Defender is busted in Arena Paladin.

So far it's pulled me Sunkeeper, Tirion and Wickerflame. Game winning.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I feel like Anduin should get some sort of Death Coil for his hero power, but it would be pretty underwhelming. Maybe they could do something like make it heal/damage units for 5HP.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So what's this new event all about then? Just come back to the game after a week or so away from it.

you get a free arena ticket, and any new arena run during the festival starts off at 1 win

and there's a quest where once you play 3 arena games you get a pack from the new expansion

Pooya

watch this amazing game of arena I just had. https://hsreplay.net/replay/uuyCg64zztaNEEeNijjmzM

this guy's priest deck is almost constructed but still stands no chance against my meme warrior.

I'm dying here lmao. Looking at his hand I think he misplayed big time. Death on my 5/5 was so bad when has smite, he was saving that smite so much for malygos that he lost the sight that I'm almost at full hp. I played explore ungoro, of course I'm going to slam the biggest thing I get every turn, you waste a death on a 5/5? Second dragon fire was used very badly too. If this guy was decent I had no chance at winning with my 65 score warrior deck...

that shitty warrior deck is 10-2 so far. I pretty much have to play it full face, I beat insane paladin decks with it. The only thing it has going for it are the 2x fool's bane, that carries a lot of weight.

You can tell Blizzard did not playtest this brawl with how stupidly uneven it is.

I got the 5 win Brawl quest and it keeps giving me Mage and there's just no way. You have to essentially get a godlike draw and hope the Paladin never sees Vinecleaver.

Edit: And done. Yeesh, I don't necessarily mind that Brawl but grinding it out is definitely one of the rougher ones.

zoukka

Tried arena for the longest time because of the quest and went 12-2 with mage. A single blazecaller carried so many matches it was insane.

scarlet

I just won against aggro druid with freeze mage on turn 8, but I was actually clueless. I had no block left and only had 1 HP and he had 12/13.

After the match I realized I had lethal by attacking my arcanologist and valet into hydra (6 dmg), fireball (6 dmg) to face and ping (1 dmg).

But instead of that, I misplayed, I went face with my minions (4 dmg), fireball (6 dmg) to face, and got lucky with glyph into glyph into flame geyser (2 dmg) and ping. Which I didn't even know it was gonna be lethal.

zoukka

I just won against aggro druid with freeze mage on turn 8, but I was actually clueless. I had no block left and only had 1 HP and he had 12/13.

After the match I realized I had lethal by attacking my arcanologist and valet into hydra (6 dmg), fireball (6 dmg) to face and ping (1 dmg).

But instead of that, I misplayed, I went face with my minions (4 dmg), fireball (6 dmg) to face, and got lucky with glyph into glyph into flame geyser (2 dmg) and ping. Which I didn't even know it was gonna be lethal.

You had even more if you pinged the hydra :)

Fuck me Stonehill Defender is busted in Arena Paladin.

So far it's pulled me Sunkeeper, Tirion and Wickerflame. Game winning.

yes and vinecleaver take me to dozen. VC busted and SHD and spikeridge, it's vc good at high level arena wins bc there it's all mages and rogues, and that and lost in the jungle let you spit out 3 tokens per turn so the pings can't stop the train. '6'-0 with a deck that has, one two drop in it.
HvIKuWs.jpg

Top Bottom