• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

CaptNink

Played some couch VS. against my 11 year-old and his friend, and KICKED THEIR ASS! It felt soo good! Showed them some of that "old-man strength". :D

Ravelle

Wait, what's wrong with Supergirl? I've been playing her and rarely use the teleport punch, which you can duck under.

There's nothing wrong with Supergirl, it's the people that misuse characters.

I like her quite a bit myself and rarely use teleport punch, her melee is good enough and earth shatter is way better than zoom punch.

Superman players are way worse because grab, throw and laser beam across the field is way more irritating than being punched.

patchday

You're being way more diplomatic than I would be.

When I see someone bragging about rage-quitting and calling people childish insults like "no-life loser" because of character choice, I'd say quit the game if you can't handle it reasonably. I'd wager the poster has sent a fair share of post-match insult messages, although I probably shouldn't assume to be fair. Regardless, that's the kind of person I don't want to run into online and would rather they drop the game.

Well I was in a rush to work this morning and missed his reply to lucebuce12 bragging bout a 70% WR with Wonder Woman which sounds like total BS too me. If he was that good he shouldn't be having those issues with the base characters. Like why would you quit out of lobby when you have over 70% WR with a "Tier D character" it just doesnt add up. No way would I waste time on someone like that lol just to be upfront.

Granted I wonder what crappy tier list he's looking at. Probably the one everyone on reddit is making fun of right now which makes me not take him seriously at all.

23tu455femaz.png
<-- This is the Tier list he probably talking bout LOL

(Disclaimer: I admit I do think Wonder Woman could use some buffs but you'll never see me try to fit her into a Tier list)

edit->
Wait, what's wrong with Supergirl? I've been playing her and rarely use the teleport punch, which you can duck under.

Nothing wrong with her. I actually commented a few pages back I think she could use some buffs (just a little more damage in her combos). I do admit sometimes I lose to her more then I like though.

Nev

Banned
Wow why are you guys so touchy.

Supergirl sucks, I'm sorry if you like her but that doesn't change the fact that she's even more lame than Deadshot.

"You can block her teleport"

Yeah you can keep moving towards her so you automatically block the teleport. Sure, but let's not forget the reaction window is like 0,5 seconds?

And if you're moving towards her she can spam her shitty proyectiles and then teleport, the amount of effort the Supergirl has to make compared to the other player who has to be ready for a ridiculously fast teleport in a game with no block button and a plethora of proyectile spam is absolutely ridiculous.

That not to mention the teleport overhead into full combo with one bar. Because it wasn't stupid enough without that.

Blame me for not wanting to give these trashy players the satisfaction of an easy, unrewarding win. That's not saying there aren't "normal" Supergirl players or that I can't counter the sad ones, it's just that I don't want to.

I'm not "bragging" about quitting, I still get the defeat and move on to a fun match up, which is basically anyone else in the roster except Deadshot and Darkseid. Doctor Fate too but luckily he's not really popular (yet).

Batman is just annoying. It's too easy to get a full combo with him and he's got decent zoning to boot. I can't stand him, he's got everything. Like Green Lantern, except not shitty.

On the other hand I welcome the abundance of Sub-Zeros. Easy wins.

Nev

Banned
Do people play those? I've only faced one Firestorm and a few Harley Quinns. Not enough to have an opinion.

Literally never seen a Poison Ivy in +100 matches.

I hate Black Canary one trick ponies though. Wait for the easy O combo enabler and turtle if they fail it until it's off cooldown.

Nev

Banned
Slow day at the OT eh?

Darkseid has a million omega beams on top of a teleport. What else needs to be said? His teleport is not as obnoxious as Supergirl's though.

It's weird that I used regenerative token in offline on gears for catwoman and supergirl, but connected online I lose the regen tokens and the gears reverted back to their low level gears.

patchday

Dang even MvCI got some announcements at SDCC. Where's my Starfire trailer that's all I'm thinking bout right now LOL

It's weird that I used regenerative token in offline on gears for catwoman and supergirl, but connected online I lose the regen tokens and the gears reverted back to their low level gears.

man I have so many regen tokens I wouldnt notice I lost any. That sucks ;(

I'm always online though when I can help it to avoid weird sync issues

Supergirl is wack lmao 9 frame gap in her 112 gaps in B12, laser cancel -3 low damage output. Theres a reason the only top player using her (scar) switched to superman for so many matchups.

Edit: and her b2 1+2 is -30 or something for some reason. Seriously she has issues. The teleport doesnt work randomly against people who know how to block.

patchday

Yeah I used Supergirl online a few weeks ago for a handful of matches but found her combos underwhelming etc. Such a shame because I really wanted her added to IJ1 so badly... I literally waited like years to play as Supergirl...

(Granted, like I said I only used her for a handful of matches so I'm only going by my first impressions from a few hrs in lab and some games)

Been wanting to try out Darkseid though he looks fun

I need that Starfire trailer.

So I can be hyped about her, before the watchtower stream where they reveal all her interesting moves from her trailer were gear moves and her default set is designed for full screen zoning.

man I have so many regen tokens I wouldnt notice I lost any. That sucks ;(

I'm always online though when I can help it to avoid weird sync issues

I lost source crystals I accidentally spent while offline.

They need to fix this type of stuff tbh. Allowing the upgrades and things you spend with the crystals to be carried from offline to online. I think I only lost 5 regen tokens, lesson learned I guess. I also tried to re-launch the application and only the levels of the characters updated.

delSai

Losing Regen Tokens isn't that bad, you'll get a shit ton of em. Source Crystals on the other hand sucks, at least they removed the SC-earning limit.

And yea, please upload the Starfire trailer early, WB Latin America or whoever did that with Red Hood.

God damn this games RNG. I want this Red Hood helm it's not even an epic model but I cannot in two days played time since Red Hood came out most of that spamming multiverse get the stupid thing. I don't think I've ever played a loot grinder that's this stingy with loot almost everything I loot is common.

I can't for the reactions from several the people who wanted Starfire when they find out that it's not the cartoon VA and she doesn't have funny dialogue with broken grammar.

Obviously comic Starfire has fans too

patchday

Hehe I'm not worried bout Starfire voice, etc but more concerned that she's viable. Will be a big letdown if they screw her kit somehow. Also hoping her gear has nice variety visually and not be low effort like Poison Ivy.

-----------------------

edit-

Okay just came across a Darkseid player with my Harley (I won). It's an interesting matchup because a lot of my long range moves are too slow and I'll get zoned out. I find myself actually hopping in close to engage to keep pressure on them.

God damn this games RNG. I want this Red Hood helm it's not even an epic model but I cannot in two days played time since Red Hood came out most of that spamming multiverse get the stupid thing. I don't think I've ever played a loot grinder that's this stingy with loot almost everything I loot is common.

Even though I have that helmet you refer to (just got the epic version recently) I still feel for you. Random loot man. Like I said it's all rooted in source crystals. They dont want us unlocking shaders easily (cause they want us to get pissed off and just open our wallets wide). Thus, they even dragging their feet on letting us purchase lots of boxes at once. Cause again- if I can purchase 100 motherboxes and get a shader- then once again I'm not buying Source Crystals

It took me awhile to figure out why this shatty random loot system was added. But I guess all along they been working towards this since MKX. Cause even in MKX they would hide junk in these caves that you had to find or you could pay one price to just unlock everything (going off of memory here).

I could write an essay on this stuff LOL but I just hate it when game devs shoehorn in random loot systems w/o trading / crafting, etc.

I got almost 6 mil now. I refuse to buy a motherbox one at a time. It's just silly and trifling too me.

Okay, can somebody tell me how the timing works for cheetah's
spotted carnivore: &#8592;+&#9651;, &#9633;+x, &#8592;, &#8592;
quick kill: &#8592;+&#9651;, &#9633;+x, &#8595;, &#8595;

I tried doing it fast, and it doesn't work.

patchday

I dont play Cheetah but I think Marvel does maybe he can lend some advice

Finally gotten around to doing KOTH which was my thing in MKX but never ran it here before. Been having some good fun

But goodness-- so many players must not understand how competitive works still? There this young profile player (L21 or so profile level). I try to give him a chance and offer competitive. He refuses and of course trying to hit my epic geared Harley is like hitting a freight train for him

After that I started using loadouts with common gear but still had a slight stat advantage since he only had one dude that was L20 (but refused to use him).

Oh well what can you do....

Cyros

I have release check & input shortcuts off. I can get both of those moves to come out by mashing the throw a second time as I input the direction.

So, B2, 1+3, BB1+3 essentially.

Xevren

I input the dd or bb as she puts her reaches for the grab part and never had issues with it myself. Just try inputting it at different times precisely instead of mashing and see what works best.

Top Bottom