• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Man, Sparking was terrible, lol.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-32615-1388791154-23.gif

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Question: Does Namco Bandai typically do region locks for their PS4 games? Gonna be in Japan and the Philippines next month, and I wanna take advantage of that exchange rate for the latter country.

Though, if I remember correctly, most games there were using NA copies anyway.

Who can teach me Tekken when this drops. I'm a good sport and am willing to lose 100 fights in a row in one sesh.
Want to scrub out together? We should have a seperate thread for newbies to congregate so we don't get murdered by everyone else.

Steam ID's grap3fruitman - is there a GAF Tekken group on Steam?

There's an OT with a Discord group: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1303307

There's also this thread for learning the basics of fighting games: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1162886
What's a discord? And I hate all the Tekken sites online because they use some backwards-ass U,d,l,r notation instead of number pad notation like every other single fighting game community. Even the Asians have it right but I can't read Japanese or Korean. :|

For the PS4 jukebox, can you listen to those during a match or only in that menu? Because I really can't stand all the dub-step in modern Tekken.

For the PS4 jukebox, can you listen to those during a match or only in that menu? Because I really can't stand all the dub-step in modern Tekken.

You can replace the music on each stage, even have a different track pop up when someone is on winning point. You can replace the character select music too.

Was it ever explained why Forest never replaced Law? I feel like most of the clones from Tekken 3 replaced the originals from T1 and 2 for the most part (at least in terms of prominence), with Forest being the major exception.

Yes to both. You can alter both rounds as well.

You can replace the music on each stage, even have a different track pop up when someone is on winning point. You can replace the character select music too.

Nice, I didn't know that. And is it permanent? Meaning I can always have X stage play X soundtrack?

Want to scrub out together? We should have a seperate thread for newbies to congregate so we don't get murdered by everyone else.

What's a discord? And I hate all the Tekken sites online because they use some backwards-ass U,d,l,r notation instead of number pad notation like every other single fighting game community. Even the Asians have it right but I can't read Japanese or Korean. :|
If you're seeing L and R, you're in the wrong place. U, D, F, B and the diagonals
( u/f, d/b etc) are the go-to Tekken directional notations.

Doomshine

Five minutes with this and you're good

C_nRySqXgAAgLPK.jpg

Five minutes with this and you're good

C_nRySqXgAAgLPK.jpg
No, that's stupid. I've spent over a decade playing fighting games using the number pad notation. Every other fighting game community does is except the English-speaking Tekken community. Why do you people have to be weird? It's a nightmare to read.
Be normal:
10440193_f520.jpg

Join my thread. Sure I'll join up with you man.

No, that's stupid. I've spent over a decade playing fighting games using the number pad notation. Every other fighting game community does is except the English-speaking Tekken community. Why do you people have to be weird? It's a nightmare to read.
Be normal:
10440193_f520.jpg

All of the Western Hemisphere has used this notation for the past 23 years and it's never changing. Get used to it.

Be normal:
10440193_f520.jpg

Eh I don't really have a problem with either tbh. Then again people have issue with a dedicated block button so I shouldn't be surprised.

ZeroX03

Banned
The trophy list is extremely easy again, basically the same as Tag 2. Anyone half competent should be able to get it in a day.

Be normal:
10440193_f520.jpg

It takes all of two minutes to learn. Just adjust. It's not like Tekken had nearly as much crossover as 2D games anyway, and MK and Injustice use similar notations too.

But yeah go ahead and call things stupid and insult a fan base, that's far better than learning.

For those who are using Amazon and have preordered the Collector's Edition, have any of you gotten your Prime Discount applied to your CEs? I just checked mine and there hasn't been any discount applied.

Wallach

Be normal:
10440193_f520.jpg

pretty sure only weeb games use this notation

Be normal:
10440193_f520.jpg

What in the fuck?

I've never seen this garbage before. Is this some Marvel crap? Get it away from me.

Top Bottom