• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing New Leaf | JP Version OT |

First of all I love your avatar. Dog Days <3333

Secondly, digital IMO is much more convinient for this game, being able to hop in/hop out wherever you are without a cart is lovely.

Thirdly, the online play works much like wild world, but without all the stupid limits. 4 players at a time, everyone can enter the same building and do anything you can in single player, just together. So rather than all the villagers hiding, they all come out and play and you can celebrate the events and stuff together.

It uses your 3DS system code, but once you're in the same town you can add each other as a best friend, after that you can chat with each other whenever you're both online no matter what village you're in.

Okay, I think I'll go for digital. Thanks!

I've never played Wild World so I'm a bit clueless when it comes to online play.

Do both players need to add each other's codes? I assume I should just post my code here and add whoever?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Hot damn, the sales number for its opening week are hyping me up more than ever.

I was enamored with the original AC, but my interest nose-dove after WW came out and I flat-out skipped CF, but this game may very well compel me to get a 3DSXL sans any special edition released in the states.

Someone on the GFaqs board brought this up which might leave some cause of concern for some of you:

Lack of initial signposts which means new neighbors can have their homes anywhere

Case in point: Pic

Someone may have mentioned in this topic but just don't remember reading about it

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Btw had my first bad bug last night. Game kinda froze on me. Was talking with the
agnes the pig
and she offered to give me some medicine for my bee sting at her home. Her character went into an animation to grab something and the game hung like that. I left it on for 30 minutes and nothing. So had to force quit the game. Reset wasnt too amused with that lol

Is there any way to "throw out" certain villagers so you can try for different ones?
I got another friggin sheep that looks like a clown. D:

&#12422;&#12358;&#12375;&#12419;&#12398;&#12502;&#12540;&#12484;

Awesome garden shop opened today and they had a axe for sale! All thats left now is the slingshot. Wonder where I find that one. D:

KuroNeeko

Sorry if this has been addressed earlier in the thread, but how is this version different from the GameCube version? Still feeling a bit disappointed with my Culdcept purchase. It's still a fun game, but they ported a lot from Second Expansion and sold it as a whole new game without any kind of forewarning.

How is this game? Debating between this and Fantasy Life coming out next month.

Daisy.gif

They have her listed as being in New Leaf! :D

Gonna miss Moe and I was hoping to see Iggy again. :(
Moe is in New Leaf. All the villagers from City Folk (except for possibly Champ) are in New Leaf.

Sorry if this has been addressed earlier in the thread, but how is this version different from the GameCube version? Still feeling a bit disappointed with my Culdcept purchase. It's still a fun game, but they ported a lot from Second Expansion and sold it as a whole new game without any kind of forewarning.

Well, if you only played the Game Cube version, then this version will have a ton of new content for you. The jump between the GC and DS versions was the largest yet until this game came along. (The amount of new content from the DS to Wii version wasn't that much.)

This version though has the most stuff by far, and it hasn't even all been discovered yet.

Moe is in New Leaf. All the villagers from City Folk (except for possibly Champ) are in New Leaf.

Oh yay!!! I lub him!! :D I do hope I run into someone who doesn't treat him as well as I would. *chuckles* (Cause I doubt I'd be lucky enough to get him on my own.)

Oh yay!!! I lub him!! :D I do hope I run into someone who doesn't treat him as well as I would. *chuckles* (Cause I doubt I'd be lucky enough to get him on my own.)
With over 330 villagers, I'm a bit worried that I'll never see my beloved Marina. I know I'll have lots of new favorites, but especially now that the portraits are back, I really want to get my all time favs in my village. (I actually want to get all three octopi. It's my mission.)

With over 330 villagers, I'm a bit worried that I'll never see my beloved Marina. I know I'll have lots of new favorites, but especially now that the portraits are back, I really want to get my all time favs in my village. (I actually want to get all three octopi. It's my mission.)

You can do it!! :D

Speaking of pictures, can you hang them on your wall now? I remember having a room with them laying all over the floor before. Would be nice to hang them throughout the house.

You can do it!! :D

Speaking of pictures, can you hang them on your wall now? I remember having a room with them laying all over the floor before. Would be nice to hang them throughout the house.
I'm not sure if you can hang villager portraits on the wall, but I know you can with other things like artwork and even K.K. albums. (Another feature I'm wild about.)

But I think I'm gonna dedicate a room in my house or one of the exhibits in the museum to all my villager portraits.

Side Note: RainyMood.com + Late night hourly music = heaven

Parakeetman

Im picking up Fantasy Life just because I like level 5 and the fact it seems to have various jobs and what not to do. Will be something different from this game thats for sure.

Mik2121

Tomorrow I'm getting my left room and I'll be able to pay it right then (I got 450k bells in my ATM), and I think I will make my room bigger after that...

Also wanna start doing something else for the town, maybe the camp (haven't added it yet) or, dunno, something... I already have 3 bridges though.. uhmm..

Oh, and wonder if tomorrow Nook's store will upgrade...

Parakeetman

The camp is pretty useful. JIC adding spoiler tags
Yesterday had a different NPC come and stay, could play games with them and managed to get some new furniture that way. Also apparently you can invite them to stay in your town too as a new resident if they accept the offer. Ive tried but failed once, though a 2nd time the choice came up again but didnt ask em to stay the 2nd time.

Today paid off the well. So tomorrow will have that out. From there though am not quite sure what to build next. Id like to rearrange my bridge placement, but Im guessing if I deconstruct / reconstruct an object Id have to pay all over again. I should have paid attention to what shizue said in regards to that feature about what happens to the $$$.

Left side room too is in the works and will pay it off tomorrow, then its the right side room and after that the rear room. From there will work on expanding all new rooms in the house. I lost a day due to the outer reforms I did yesterday. D: Didnt know it would take up an extra day just like construction. Wish they would allow for those also at the same time as home interior expansion. :/

fortune teller
showed up in my town and set up camp near the town tree.
she talked about the cafe it seems

Have way too many trees in my town now lol. Its more a forest than a town

apricot

fortune teller
showed up in my town and set up camp near the town tree.
she talked about the cafe it seems

she's also at my town today, said something about the island...

Edit: I'm going to open my town, if anyone wants to stop by! At the very least all I have are native &#12373;&#12367;&#12425;&#12435;&#12412; so you could sell your fruit, I guess. I haven't added everyone on the thread yet so let me know if you want to drop by and I'll add you (don't like to clutter my friend's list with people I don't really interact with)

MarkusRJR

Do we have a confirmed date for NA? I rarely use my 3DS because I don't have AC for it.

Also, does Animal Crossing: City Folk use WiiConnect24? I'm planning to start playing my copy on my Wii U when I pick it up, but WiiConnect24 doesn't function on the Wii U's BC. If it does use WiiConnect24, will I be missing out on anything important?

Parakeetman

she's also at my town today, said something about the island...

Edit: I'm going to open my town, if anyone wants to stop by! At the very least all I have are native &#12373;&#12367;&#12425;&#12435;&#12412; so you could sell your fruit, I guess. I haven't added everyone on the thread yet so let me know if you want to drop by and I'll add you (don't like to clutter my friend's list with people I don't really interact with)

Im guessing that she predicts whats coming next for people.

Deeku

I was just going to ask since I noticed you online! I will bring apples!

In 10ish minutes!

Robin64

Also, does Animal Crossing: City Folk use WiiConnect24? I'm planning to start playing my copy on my Wii U when I pick it up, but WiiConnect24 doesn't function on the Wii U's BC. If it does use WiiConnect24, will I be missing out on anything important?

It uses it to deliver DLC items to your game, though I imagine that there won't be much left when the WiiU is out, so you won't be missing much.

Mik2121

Today I paid a 390k bell loan, and I already have 900k bells on my ATM waiting for tomorrow's loan. I'm rich, lol...

Mik2121

lol that poor island...

Yup, I bet a bunch of insects went extinct after today's hunting.

Also, I got a letter from Nintendo with a turkey, and a letter from the Post Office for my 100k in the ATM account. Now I'm trying to get 1mil on the account and see if I get something for that as well... though I will have to wait until tomorrow for that, the recycle shop just closed :(

Parakeetman

Yup, I bet a bunch of insects went extinct after today's hunting.

Also, I got a letter from Nintendo with a turkey, and a letter from the Post Office for my 100k in the ATM account. Now I'm trying to get 1mil on the account and see if I get something for that as well... though I will have to wait until tomorrow for that, the recycle shop just closed :(

I thought you switched it to the late night setting for the villagers?

StayDead

I have too much time on my hands.

www.dotup.org3626762.jpg

&#20845;&#33457; from &#20013;&#20108;&#30149;&#12391;&#12418;&#24651;&#12364;&#12375;&#12383;&#12356;

whxJs.jpg

www.dotup.org3626765.jpg

Mik2121

BTW, One thing I wonder is.. was the Turkey already in the game, or did the actually send the data? I say this because I left the game ON all the time even before receiving it. Maybe they can add extra content without restarting the game?

Deeku

I only just paid off my first loan this morning and have like 7000 bells left:/ Need some of that island money stat!

Yeah, was lots of fun! We forgot to add each other as best friends the second time, though D: Thanks again!
Aw that sucks, must remember to do it next time!

I have too much time on my hands.

www.dotup.org3626765.jpg
:eek:

I wish I had the skills to do that, and time lol. Very nice!

Oh and the dodgy black market art seller guy is in my town today.

Top Bottom