• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

border

It makes zero sense. They are not making any money from this. If they make Mewtwo a regular raid they would make so much money from whale

Presumably the requirement is meant to encourage people to continue raiding (and buying raid passes) during a time when there really isn't much reason to do raids. So there's a definitely moneymaking angle to it......but yeah, they'd probably just sell more raid passes if they let everyone have access to Mewtwo raids.

It makes zero sense. They are not making any money from this. If they make Mewtwo a regular raid they would make so much money from whale

They're probably making more this way. Or at least, that's what they expect/hope.

To get a pass to begin with you have to have completed a raid at a location that is about to host an EX raid. Thus, in order to increase your odds of getting an EX raid pass, you have to complete as many raids at as many locations as possible. So instead of paying for one Mewtwo pass, you're doing 10 other raids in hopes that maybe one grants a pass down the line.

HiResDes

Kind of saddens me that I got out of the game so early right before all the legendaries were released but the game play itself is complete shit and lacks any true depth the replay value of it is completely reliant on FOMO. So while I like visiting every once in a while to see what's been released and how the meta has changed, I shudder at the thought of actually getting roped back in at the same time.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Kind of saddens me that I got out of the game so early right before all the legendaries were released but the game play itself is complete shit and lacks any true depth the replay value of it is completely reliant on FOMO. So while I like visiting every once in a while to see what's been released and how the meta has changed, I shudder at the thought of actually getting roped back in at the same time.

its why ive stuck with it there is no depth right now but i am hanging in there for what they might do in the future
and dont want to be behind when ever mechanics with depth come out

well if it was straight money they wanted they would make raids have online match making so you just sit at any gym queuing up all day long they would of made bank off me already would of had 6 tyranitar maxed out and 6 of each legendary maxed out

im_dany

Another raid glitched out for me :D after beating Entei I got Error(2) and got kicked back to the map. Still got the items and xp and didn't care much about the catch but atleast give me the chance :/

Another raid glitched out for me :D after beating Entei I got Error(2) and got kicked back to the map. Still got the items and xp and didn't care much about the catch but atleast give me the chance :/

Did you even try to get back into the raid and catch it? Usually works. Just start the raid again and it should get you back to the catching screen. Seen this happen to dozens of people and friends of mine.

Praise the lord a double Stardust event: http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/equinox2017

Trainers,

With cool autumn nights quickly approaching in the Northern Hemisphere and sunny spring days arriving in the Southern Hemisphere, we thought it would be the perfect time to celebrate the coming equinox with an in-game event. New seasons mean new adventures!

From 1:00 P.M. PDT on September 22 to 1:00 P.M. PDT on October 2, 2017, you’ll have the opportunity to earn double Stardust for catching Pokémon and hatching Eggs as you walk around your neighborhood discovering new sights. While you’re out exploring, be sure to visit your local PokéStops and Gyms to collect special 2 km Eggs that have the opportunity to hatch Pokémon such as Chansey, Mareep, Larvitar, and more. You’ll also be able to get special boxes from the in-game shop that feature items like Lucky Eggs, Lure Modules, and all-new Super Incubators which hatch Eggs 1.5 times quicker!

Registering a new Pokémon to your Pokédex during this limited-time celebration will earn you triple the normal XP. So that makes this a very good time to battle against the Legendary Pokémon originally from the Johto region. Don’t forget that Raikou, Entei, or Suicune will each travel to a new part of the world on September 30, so make sure to battle the Legendary Pokémon currently in your area while you can!

Also, bugger, my Go Plus has broken. Just keeps cutting out, even with new battery.

Praise the lord a double Stardust event: http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/equinox2017

Also, bugger, my Go Plus has broken. Just keeps cutting out, even with new battery.

giphy.gif

Yes baby, this will get me back out there. Hope it will attract other people so I'll be able to get Entei.
Very happy about this.

Maybe I can finally get a decent Chansey to evolve!
If I do and I finally get an Entei this weekend I'll just be a Zapdos away from a complete Euro Dex.

gutshot

Triple XP for Pokedex entries is a good way to let people who are behind catch up, while not letting the 35+ crowd get further along to the level cap. They could have even made it 4x or 5x XP, if they really wanted to.

Curious to see how good the special boxes will be. Hopefully they are worth buying as I have plenty coins saved up.

Double stardust will be nice since I’m gonna blow through all of mine on all of my best Tyranitar before my Mewtwo raid tomorrow, but goddamn do I need a double XP event. I’m sitting on two full Lucky Egg’s worths of evolutions and then some (more than 60 Pidgey evolutions alone), lol.

If it happens more than once tell Niantic about it via a bug report.

My friend lost two raid passes to that and they gave them back to them.

They had the audacity to tell us to start raids earlier in the future, fuck outta here with that shit. We waited for people to make sure other people could even do them.

GulAtiCa

They had the audacity to tell us to start raids earlier in the future, fuck outta here with that shit. We waited for people to make sure other people could even do them.

They were just giving a simple tip... Always advisable to do it earlier. I tell people this all the time. Never wait to do a raid at the last possible minute unless unable to do so earlier. I lost my raid pass (got it back) from doing a raid late and it kicking us all out.

Plus more importantly, if you do it too late, you don't want to chance it that game may crash or bug out on the catch screen, cause then you lose it if the raid is fully over.

If it happens more than once tell Niantic about it via a bug report.

My friend lost two raid passes to that and they gave them back to them.

I ran into the same situation on my first raid. I almost missed it by 4 seconds. It's the way the dev has our phones communicate with the raid towers/ servers. It takes around 5 minutes for a large group to show up to a new-comers phone(lobby showed 0 players for first 3-4 attempts, had to leave twice to get the 11 group to load for me). Even then-- not all phones are created equal.

border

So while I like visiting every once in a while to see what's been released and how the meta has changed, I shudder at the thought of actually getting roped back in at the same time.

There is no meta anymore. The big gym update effectively killed it. Doesn't matter what defenders you really put on towers.

Ok, so I know about the 50 coins a day limit and this isn't about that. In the past week I was able to leave a Pokémon at a gym in the 5 of the last 7 days. Twice I got 50 coins for leaving my Pokémon but the other three times I got nothing. Is there a bug or glitch that's messing with this? I've been keeping track of when I get the coins and when I put a Pokémon in a gym.

Joni

Blissey matters against lvl. 30 or lower trainers, but that's about it.

It also dissuades high level players as there will be better targets.

Ok, so I know about the 50 coins a day limit and this isn't about that. In the past week I was able to leave a Pokémon at a gym in the 5 of the last 7 days. Twice I got 50 coins for leaving my Pokémon but the other three times I got nothing. Is there a bug or glitch that's messing with this? I've been keeping track of when I get the coins and when I put a Pokémon in a gym.

Are you sure they got kicked on a day you didn't already take coins? There was a bug but I think it is fixed.

Are you sure they got kicked on a day you didn't already take coins? There was a bug but I think it is fixed.

100% Positive.

The reason I put 5 of the seven days is because I only ever have one Pokémon in a gym at a time. Two of the times my Ursaring (it's the only Pokémon I ever leave at a gym) spent the night at the gym so I got the coins the following days. The problem is like I said I just didn't get the coins when I was supposed to.

Edit: The reason I made my post is because it happened again today. After I dropped my daughter off at school I battled and took over a gym and left my Ursaring, I didn't collect today and when he got beat 6 hours later I didn't get any coins. Sucks to know that there was a bug, fixed, and it's weirdly happening to me.

Awesome event. I really need a good IV Mareep, and the other Rare stuff sounds fantastic.

I also got an EX Raid invite for a Starbucks Gym at 7pm on Thursday. I hope that enough people actually show up.

Joni

100% Positive.

The reason I put 5 of the seven days is because I only ever have one Pokémon in a gym at a time. Two of the times my Ursaring (it's the only Pokémon I ever leave at a gym) spent the night at the gym so I got the coins the following days. The problem is like I said I just didn't get the coins when I was supposed to.

Edit: The reason I made my post is because it happened again today. After I dropped my daughter off at school I battled and took over a gym and left my Ursaring, I didn't collect today and when he got beat 6 hours later I didn't get any coins. Sucks to know that there was a bug, fixed, and it's weirdly happening to me.

Strange, can you show some pics of your journal and the shop?

It also dissuades high level players as there will be better targets.

I experienced this as well. Yesterday i had a pokemon rwturn to me wirh 27 coins. Today a pokemon returned to me with nothing. And it waa a pokemon left in a gym yesterday. No other pokemon returned today.

Found a 90% IV Squirtle today in the wild with really high CP. I am excited to evolve this guy into Blastiose. It's on 1032 Wartortle right now.

HardRojo

The backpack struggle is real, even at 950 space I struggle to not filling it up lol, and I throw away some revives and nanab berries if possible. Mewtwo needs to be here soon so that I can finally get rid of 150 candies or more.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
The backpack struggle is real, even at 950 space I struggle to not filling it up lol, and I throw away some revives and nanab berries if possible. Mewtwo needs to be here soon so that I can finally get rid of 150 candies or more.

same with 1500 bag space i still toss a crap ton of revives and potions to make room

Fun to just put my unowns into Gyms. lol

Also just like putting fun Pokemon. The scene is more about raiding these days.

same there are 3 gyms that are super close to each other and i like to put l o l unowns and w o w unowns in those

Its becuase there is nothing to catch.

GulAtiCa

Catching Pokemon is how you get stardust though! Catch them all. Almost at 200k again.

You think 950 is bad? I'm at 1500 and constantly throwing items away due to always being full. Wish I could up to 2000 lol

Also, got my 9th 10k egg. Looking forward to all that stardust!

Replicant

Personally, I love this brand new, Pokemon Go and Park Your Poke in Gym way. No more wasting time prestiging or toring down gyms more than necessary.

Also, I'm so Suicune'd out at the moment. I need the next beast stat. And Make MewTwo a normal raid already. This raid pass thing is too annoying.

border

Personally, I love this brand new, Pokemon Go and Park Your Poke in Gym way. No more wasting time prestiging or toring down gyms more than necessary..

There's just no compelling reason to power up a pokemon, or develop a good roster of Fighters/Defenders anymore. There's not much reason to play on a daily basis without a competitive gym system. I kinda just have to remind myself to login once for the Daily Bonuses and that's been about the extent of my gameplay for the past couple weeks.

Raids are not a great substitute for the old gyms since they aren't solo-able activities and nobody is interested in doing them beyond the Legendaries anymore. Not to mention that doing more than 1-2 per day costs you money.

Not that I really miss the tedium of the old Snorlax-stacked gyms, but I felt that system needed to be revived and revamped more than it needed to be completely reworked.

Teppic

I can actually get coins with the new gym system. No tedium. It's 1000x better.

New event is kind of meh. Stardust is boring. The eggs sounds good. The boxes are probably not worth it yet again.

border

I'd argue that taking down gyms is quite tedious now, since there's no tension at all in the fights. Takedowns are just entirely rote -- especially once you're looking at a lineup of Defenders who've had their CP cut in half by either time or your first round of attackers. No point in thinking about type matchups or dodging......just put in your Dragonite and tap away until you move on to another pushover round of fights.

It's easier to earn money, but to get there they just blew up the meta and made gyms boring.

Joni

It's easier to earn money, but to get there they just blew up the meta and made gyms boring.
It was already boring for people without a score of 3000 Pokemon. There was no way to get in gyms, shaving made it even worse and when you did bother to take down gyms, they would last five minutes. I'm having a lot more fun in gyms now.

Honestly both systems are kinda shit.

On paper I like the new one, but given your ability to earn coins is *entirely* up to how active the opposing teams are in your area, it often can suck pretty hard.

Like, no one kicked me out of gyms today. Except for *one* gym I grabbed a couple hours ago, where they turned it in less than 10 minutes. So I get literally nothing for being in 10 gyms.

I’m sure I’ll get kicked out of ALL 10 tomorrow though, and still only get 50 coins.

border

"The old gyms were boring for people that didn't have high-CP Pokemon." Okay, well, now they're boring for everyone including high-level players. That doesn't seem like much of an improvement.

My point is not so much that the old gyms were awesome, but that there was probably a way to make gyms more inclusive for all players and still retain a viable meta that was true to the Pokemon franchise.

Joni

"The old gyms were boring for people that didn't have high-CP Pokemon." Okay, well, now they're boring for everyone including high-level players. That doesn't seem like much of an improvement.

My point is not so much that the old gyms were awesome, but that there was probably a way to make gyms more inclusive for all players and still retain a viable meta that was true to the Pokemon franchise.
They are fun to me now, let my Pokémon tear through the competition.

I like the new gyms due to them giving me easy coins. I also like that there is a great variety of Pokemon in them. I like to put unique Pokemon into gyms and I also like to see that players below lvl 30 also get to hang around gyms.
Sometimes I like to take down a gym or two. It's fun to be able to use your Pokemon for fighting again.
But sure it's not that big of a challange anymore and it feels a little lackluster. They should have done something inbetween the old and the new gyms. Make it more accessible but still challanging. I still prefer the new ones over the old ones.

Replicant

I feel like there was never any element of strategy in the first place for the gym. It's just a matter of choosing high CP pokemon to face-off against your opponent. I mean I never feel that the IV affected much nor the elemental properties of the pokemon. I mean to a degree, yeah. But usually it's usually just tap and evade.

So I'm fine with them completely getting rid of the tedium whilst allowing more diverse Pokemon to be seen at the gym.

Like, no one kicked me out of gyms today. Except for *one* gym I grabbed a couple hours ago, where they turned it in less than 10 minutes. So I get literally nothing for being in 10 gyms.

I’m sure I’ll get kicked out of ALL 10 tomorrow though, and still only get 50 coins.
lol, just checked and within 40 minutes after midnight passing I already had two knocked out. Yeah, that’s why this shit sucks.

Top Bottom