• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Daddy and Nathan Drake revealed for PlayStation All Stars

I absolutely agree, and if its everyone in that commercial were also gonna get Call of Duty guy and the guy from Dead Space

Not really a celebration of Playstation, just a piece of marketing disguised as a game
Crap from the 7th generation All Stars: Marketing Royal

A celebration of playstation would be more pure in a sense. It would also be a massive failure, the characters just are not there to make it interesting. The game is already up against it. Having only 'mascots' might look good in threads are whatever, but the sales would be terrible.

Having random but interesting characters like big daddy is in my opinion the right approach.

RPGCrazied

Nathan wasn't a matter of if, it was when. What about a Final Fantasy character? So far no character really interests me.

Cerberus

I like the addition of Big Daddy to the roster. He's probably one of the more iconic third-party characters Sony could add from this generation. I think the character looks really cool. His size and playstyle should make him stand out from most of the other fighters. Or at least I hope he won't be clone of someone else on the roster.

Can't wait to see what other 3rd party characters make it into the game.

Snake is not a Nintendo character, wtf.

Not like Bioshock hasn't ever been on the PS3, nope.

But at least Snake is special, being around for 4 generations and kojima himself asking if he can be in brawl

Big daddy isn't even gonna be in the 3rd Bioshock game an the 2nd one sucked ass
I like Bioshock but he should be here. You dont see Nintendo pulling this crap by having call of duty guy or whatevers popular at the moment

Platy

I expected a more ..... exclusive third party character ...

But who is complaining ???

Can't wait to use Parappa to kindly beat Daddy's ass =3

Stat!

I don't own a PS3 but All-Stars sounds really cool so far. Yeah, it may not be a competitive fighting game but its about taking great characters and throwing them in a ring together.

Just call it videogame all-stars and be done with it if half of your roster is third party.
Why not call Nintendo and ask for Mario as they are at it. SMH

I knew they could not sustain a game without getting a ton of third party characters sadly, but Big Daddy, really? At least put old Lara or Crash, they are more iconic to the brand.

And im still waiting for Sir Daniel Fortesque to appear.

KevinCow

Banned
Huh. I like Big Daddy, but it's kinda disappointing if that's the direction they're going with third-party characters. Not, "Who is relevant to the Playstation brand?" but, "Who can we get who is currently popular?"

sn00zer

I think we are all expecting unexpecting first party characters....why not a few unexpecting third party characters as well?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Just call it videogame all-stars and be done with it if half of your roster is third party.
Why not call Nintendo and ask for Mario as they are at it.

Because they've revealed 2 3rd party characters (one of which being Snake, who is pretty much a playstation character) out of 9 total.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Huh. I like Big Daddy, but it's kinda disappointing if that's the direction they're going with third-party characters. Not, "Who is relevant to the Playstation brand?" but, "Who can we get who is currently popular?"

I don't even think this is "current" popularity. Big Daddy in this form is already outdated with Infinite coming...it's just a completely oddball one.

Sponge

Banned
I love all the hate in this thread, it's like it's okay when Nintendo adds a third party character. Sony does it? Oh no, what a mistake!

Papercuts

I love all the hate in this thread, it's like it's okay when Nintendo adds a third party character. Sony does it? Oh no, what a mistake!

People have explained the obvious difference. Keep being intentionally obtuse to reason, I guess.

QUOTE ME ON THIS! I'm calling it!
I'm sure many of us have been thinking this for a while now

But this game is gonna suck ass, be on shovelware level and get around 7's in reviews

Papercuts

Is this the Sony smash bros people were talking about? Will Final Fantasy characters be included?

Yes, and I think it'd be pretty damn surprising if they DIDN'T get a FF character, but nothing is confirmed yet.

Andrefpvs

Which third-party characters do we truly associate with PlayStation anyway? Snake, Raiden, characters from FF VII to XII (Cloud, Sephiroth, Leon, Tidus, Yuna, etc.), characters from Tekken, Lara Croft, Dante, Spyro, Crash, Kazuma Kiryu, etc...

Feel free to add more as I know I'm forgetting a few, but it isn't hard to see why they'd get more "multiplatform" characters to fill in the roster.

Sponge

Banned
Superbot has said from the start that anyone is allowed to join in on this game.

People are just now having a problem with this? Tsk tsk.

But this game is gonna suck ass, be on shovelware level and get around 7's in reviews

Don't worry son, you don't have to buy it & play it. Hell, you don't even have to click on threads about it. Relax...

Papercuts

Which third-party characters do we truly associate with PlayStation anyway? Snake, Raiden, characters from FF VII to XII (Cloud, Sephiroth, Leon, Tidus, Yuna, etc.), Lara Croft, Dante, etc...

Feel free to add more as I know I'm forgetting a few, but it isn't hard to see why they'd get more "multiplatform" characters to fill in the roster.

Spyro and Crash are big ones.

sn00zer

Youre right it will be like all of the other first party shovelware games Sony has been making lately

SmithnCo

I don't think 7 is really shovelware. Anyway....

Please let there be a Rapture stage!!!!

I'm pretty hyped about this, but I love Bioshock.

This is the first third party character announced...

Because they've revealed 2 3rd party characters (one of which being Snake, who is pretty much a playstation character) out of 9 total.

Theres also Snake for what it seems and people are talking here as if there is already/they want half of the roster with other third party porperties.

Im pretty sure if an unremarkable third party character as Big Daddy (and I like Bioshock) is in, there are going to be LOTS more.

witness

Tons of hate but Big Daddy is awesome, can't wait to see what his three supers are. Makes me excited to see who else are they going to get from third parties.

Coxy

Which third-party characters do we truly associate with PlayStation anyway? Snake, Raiden, characters from FF VII to XII (Cloud, Sephiroth, Leon, Tidus, Yuna, etc.), Lara Croft, Dante, etc...

Kazuma Kiryu from Yakuza, Welkin and Alicia from Valkyria Chronicles, though I get the impression they're going to ignore japanese franchises anyway

sn00zer

Shit is going to hit the fan when Crash or Spyro dont get in....as soon as the community sees something they dont like they immediately put on blinders ignoring all of the other awesome characters included in the game, sure ill be sad when I cant play as classic Spyro, but Ill be having a hell of a time kicking the crap outta Jak with Ratchet

Top Bottom