• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter XX Switch Edition (JP) |OT| The World is not enough

Dingens

gah I'm wasting waaaaay to much time doing mundane 1 and 2 star quests with hardly any progress... I'd like to join you online, but there's probably not much I can do with my 90 attack rare1 weapon -_-
Guess I need to look up some key quest-list to progress a little faster

(edit: unless somebody would be kind enough to pull me through ofc)

Juraash

Sorry for not coming back last night. That drop really pushed me over into "I'm done" territory. Really annoyed.

It happens man, drops can be a huge pain in the ass, so I don't blame you. We only wound up doing 1 more hunt after we finished the Nakarkos.

It happens man, drops can be a huge pain in the ass, so I don't blame you. We only wound up doing 1 more hunt after we finished the Nakarkos.
Yeah, just frustrating. My internet chooses to be utter shit for a while once a week or more every so often.

Anyway, made a room.

37 4822 2213 8201

Juraash

GGs for the many hours of hunts guys, was lots of fun.

In the end I needed one more Nakarkos drop to finish my G-Rank set, so I went in solo. I figured if I could get him to flinch or w/e and mine his back I had a decent shot of getting that last mucus. 1 and done, so now my G-Rank black armor is complete and with my good tali I got sharpness +1 on it as well.

So we got sharpness +1, focus, blightproof, critical draw, punishing draw and sheathing on the set :D. Now to find some good transmog armors.

PKrockin

Managed to repel Lao Shan solo. It seems pretty luck-based if you don't have the DPS to kill him. The first time he spammed the side tackle when he got to the fort and destroyed it with like 4 minutes to spare. The second time around I did pretty much the exact same thing and I was left with 10% when the timer ran out. The problem is that side tackle is so fast and I can't reliably interrupt it. I pretty much just have to hope he decides to do some combination of roars, body slams, and standing attacks enough.

Terrible monster. The only good thing about it is part 2 of his theme.

DJ-9ZiQU8AE1gJj.jpg:large

depward

About to clear LR village, playing my own pace and having to do the grind again.

It's just so dang enjoyable playing this on a TV with the pro controller.

That being said, I am one that likes playing on portables... And find handheld with joycons very comfy.

Lizardus

Hybris, I'm trying to join your room but it won't let me, you have a spot open and it doesn't give me a prompt for a password either.

nick_b

I'm almost done grinding out my bnahabra set. Then I will dig into 2 star village. First things first, gotta look fab.

Hybris

Hybris, I'm trying to join your room but it won't let me, you have a spot open and it doesn't give me a prompt for a password either.

Oh crap sorry about that dude! I was playing with some other friends outside of gaf and wasn't checking the thread. That happened to me before as well, not sure what causes it but it's irritating. If only there were some way to communicate with your friends on a console in 2017... thanks nintendo...

KdylanR92

Some of these Monsters have been playing Bloodborne too much because the Spin-to-Win is real.

Gypcero, Yian kut-ku and Rathian literally just sits there spamming their spin move.

Runner67

Some of these Monsters have been playing Bloodborne too much because the Spin-to-Win is real.

Gypcero, Yian kut-ku and Rathian literally just sits there spamming their spin move.

Those are those Gen 1 monsters for ya. Have fun with Gravios/Basarios/Plesioth/Diablos too because they all do that too lol

Juraash

Finally getting my copy tomorrow! Are there Any good translation guides to help me through?

The OP has some of your best/most immediate resources covered for translation, Kiranico especially. There is also a solid import guide series from YouTuber RedmondStache (he also posts all the info on Reddit under the same handle). Videos are informative and he also has links to imgur infographics for what he presents in his videos. Those resources + Google translate should get you going.

The OP has some of your best/most immediate resources covered for translation, Kiranico especially. There is also a solid import guide series from YouTuber RedmondStache (he also posts all the info on Reddit under the same handle). Videos are informative and he also has links to imgur infographics for what he presents in his videos. Those resources + Google translate should get you going.

Ah should've looked sorry

Thanks for the sources

Juraash

Ah should've looked sorry

Thanks for the sources

It's no biggie, a fair amount of stuff has been created since the OT went up. Kiranico has been the most valuable for me personally. But Stache's videos cover lots of great things as well. It's kind of a hodgepodge of sources to get the best experience. But what's here and what others have linked should get you going :)

Juraash

I'm starting to go to bed earlier now, so I probably won't play as late now. Probably.

I got three gems just now, so all is good!

Dang :/ not that I don't sympathize with going to be earlier. Not sure what time zone you're in, but we were running pretty late on weeknights even for me.

Hope we still get some hunts, last night was way quiet around here.

Did you leave the room or something?

edit: oh. rip. I was just gonna pop in for one hunt to try out my new HBG set.
rip, sorry

Dang :/ not that I don't sympathize with going to be earlier. Not sure what time zone you're in, but we were running pretty late on weeknights even for me.

Hope we still get some hunts, last night was way quiet around here.
I'm PST. Like I said, though, it's a probably. I'm only on day two of "new me," and yesterday I only slept, like, 4 hours, so I was dead for most of the day.

Juraash

rip, sorry

I'm PST. Like I said, though, it's a probably. I'm only on day two of "new me," and yesterday I only slept, like, 4 hours, so I was dead for most of the day.

Ahhh ok, I'm pst as well so there's still a chance! 4 hours is no good man, I had like 7 last night and still spent most of the day side-eye reading GAF instead of plugging away at work lol.

Ahhh ok, I'm pst as well so there's still a chance! 4 hours is no good man, I had like 7 last night and still spent most of the day side-eye reading GAF instead of plugging away at work lol.
Haha. We're both thirsty for MH. If I see you launch later, I'll come check the thread.

Hybris

I'm helping out xenoblade with early G rank for now if anyone wants to join, we can do turns as long as he can join the quest, which means no hr unlock stuff iirc

34-5058-1012-8165 1234

KdylanR92

128 hours in, still doing every village quest.

If they announced a english release i would probably have a mental breakdown.

nubbe

128 hours in, still doing every village quest.

If they announced a english release i would probably have a mental breakdown.

I would just transfer my MHGen save, no big deal.
So I would have a Male char on the English version and a Female on the Japanese version

Juraash

Maybe it's just in my own head, but solo G rank feels like more of a slog in general compared to 4U. I went solo most of 4U just to see if I could and had a lot of fun with the exception of a few quests. I don't enjoy it nearly as much this time around.

Maybe the 3-5 minute kill times in groups just rained on the solo parade.

Top Bottom