• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter XX Switch Edition (JP) |OT| The World is not enough

Maybe it's just in my own head, but solo G rank feels like more of a slog in general compared to 4U. I went solo most of 4U just to see if I could and had a lot of fun with the exception of a few quests. I don't enjoy it nearly as much this time around.

Maybe the 3-5 minute kill times in groups just rained on the solo parade.

I'm with you. Soloing in 4U was a bit of a slog at first, but was a lot more fun! Not trying to say I'm not having fun with XX, but it's a combination of hyper monsters, and how the upgrade system works in this game that makes things feel like a chore.

Edit: I actually got the hyper materials I was trying to farm (finally) and switched to farming deviants. Starting with Hellblade but we can do something else

Just bought the game on switch transfered over my 3ds game save

DKNMurYUIAAIcBw.jpg:small

cant wait to continue playing on switch the game looks so much better! Also for anyone wanting to know my set

GS Dark of Night

Neset Khat
Neset Pleuron
Neset Manus
Neset Alae
Neset Dara

Skills

Skill Points+2
Critial Draw
Sharpness +1
Weakness Exploit
Critical Boost
Focus
Talisman Up

Made a room. We can do hellblade
Sorry for the delay, just got done with level III.

cant wait to continue playing on switch the game looks so much better! Also for anyone wanting to know my set

GS Dark of Night

Neset Khat
Neset Pleuron
Neset Manus
Neset Alae
Neset Dara

Skills

Skill Points+2
Critial Draw
Sharpness +1
Weakness Exploit
Critical Boost
Focus
Talisman Up
Crit Draw + Crit Boost. The power!

MegaPanda

Anyone want to help out with my HR3 stuff? Tried doing it with randos but that did not work out at all.

Made a room:
16-8921-4938-2798

Juraash

Question for those that have messed with it more. If you save a set with a transmog, does it keep that look as part of the saved setting? And by extension can you save different transmog looks with your saved sets and switch them out? Or do you have to buy the stuff and go to the guy everytime you change transmog?

Doombear

Question for those that have messed with it more. If you save a set with a transmog, does it keep that look as part of the saved setting? And by extension can you save different transmog looks with your saved sets and switch them out? Or do you have to buy the stuff and go to the guy everytime you change transmog?

Definitely keeps the look. It actually "uses up" the item you take the appearance of (until you undo the transmog). So if you use that piece of armor in any other set, it is still transmogged I believe. As to the other questions... I don't think so. It would be cool to be able to save just the 'looks' though, and apply them to any saved set.

One thing though, you can save the same set with different colors applied. I use a pretty catchall Atlal Base set,with all five pieces trahsmogged. Same set, different gems and talismans gets me different skillsets. One for neg poison, one with anti tremor etc. Neg poison set is all purple. Anti tremor is brown. Same trahsmogged armors in each, but different color schemes. So it's something.

Hybris

GS Dark of Night

Neset Khat
Neset Pleuron
Neset Manus
Neset Alae
Neset Dara

Skills

Skill Points+2
Critial Draw
Sharpness +1
Weakness Exploit
Critical Boost
Focus
Talisman Up

Doesn't that GS have 40% affinity and natural purple? Sharpness +1 and crit draw seem pointless.

Juraash

Also, at least according to Kiranico, once it gets to the level of having purple sharpness, the amount you get isn't impacted by handicraft at all.

I would say not knowing MH well is a bigger detriment than not knowing Japanese. That said, there are plenty of resources online that can help with both.
Is it feasible to just... play sometimes though? Like obviously if I’m loooing for something specific I’d need the phone out but after playing a few missions would I be good to just play without constantly checking?

Kinsei

Banned
Is it feasible to just... play sometimes though? Like obviously if I’m loooing for something specific I’d need the phone out but after playing a few missions would I be good to just play without constantly checking?

In the beginning there are a fair amount of missions that require you to gather specific items. Once you get past that part then you should be able to proceed without checking online too often as the game shows you a picture of the monster(s) you need to kill when you accept a quest.

In the beginning there are a fair amount of missions that require you to gather specific items. Once you get past that part then you should be able to proceed without checking online too often as the game shows you a picture of the monster(s) you need to kill when you accept a quest.

Doombear

Yeah I'd say just having Kiranico Quests page open at first would be fine, if you are unclear what you need to be gathering. When you say you don't know MH that well, have you played any of them? Any familiarity at all? There's quite a bit of talking by NPCs early on as well.

You really can just mash through it until you can get back to hunting. Anyone with an icon over their head should have their dialogue exhausted. They may open/close out different quests or just need to be spoken to to progress.

Doombear

And you've grabbed all the DLC item packs? More importantly, have you claimed the items you get from those?

They aren't automatically put into your box. You need to speak to your house attendant and it's the last option on the list, and then the second option there. It should open a window showing you all of the DLC item packs you can receive.

depward

has this been confirmed for NA release yet?

Nope :/

May I ask sometime in the near future for some folks to help me power through LR and some of HR? I'm HR village and I'm finding playing online with Japanese randoms to be quite... random.

I started soloing the content but eh, should be quicker with a group :)

dadjumper

Yeah I'd say just having Kiranico Quests page open at first would be fine, if you are unclear what you need to be gathering. When you say you don't know MH that well, have you played any of them? Any familiarity at all? There's quite a bit of talking by NPCs early on as well.

You really can just mash through it until you can get back to hunting. Anyone with an icon over their head should have their dialogue exhausted. They may open/close out different quests or just need to be spoken to to progress.

Yeah, the dialogue can just be skipped. Heck, I speak Japanese and even I'm not reading all this shit. The only trouble you'd have is reading quest descriptions and menus. I imagine that knowing which option is which would help, but even so it seems cumbersome doing stuff like crafting/jewel socketing with a translation open

Damn i've actually ran out of Honey and don't have a way to farm it yet:/

Okay I'm a noob, what is honey for

KdylanR92

And you've grabbed all the DLC item packs? More importantly, have you claimed the items you get from those?

They aren't automatically put into your box. You need to speak to your house attendant and it's the last option on the list, and then the second option there. It should open a window showing you all of the DLC item packs you can receive.

Yeah, I got all that stuff pretty early on.

Thanks for that small loan of almost half a billion zenny Capcom! really kickstarted my hunting career.

MegaPanda

Nope :/

May I ask sometime in the near future for some folks to help me power through LR and some of HR? I'm HR village and I'm finding playing online with Japanese randoms to be quite... random.

I started soloing the content but eh, should be quicker with a group :)

I'll join you for some LR stuff if you make a room

KdylanR92

Guess i'll be starting online quest earlier than expected.

9 star village quest are taking 15-20 mins depending on the monster and that's pretty bad for farming especially since i'm upgrading 3 different weapon types.

If anybody's done it, how long can you solo online before it becomes awful?

Estoc

Guess i'll be starting online quest earlier than expected.

9 star village quest are taking 15-20 mins depending on the monster and that's pretty bad for farming especially since i'm upgrading 3 different weapon types.

If anybody's done it, how long can you solo online before it becomes awful?

If you're already at 9 star village, you would already have some high rank equipments, so I would say you can probably solo up to 6 star guild before quests start to take 15-20 minutes to finish. YMMV and all that.

Though, personally speaking, 15-20 mins seems pretty standard for soloing if you progress without using weapons from the next difficulty tier...

Kysen

Man 800 defense in this game hardly means anything. Hell, even 900 defense doesn't feel like it makes much of a difference.
Nothing in this game hits hard till the final quests in G4 or the event stuff. Its why its my fav MH to date. I can try out gunners without getting constantly wrecked.

Nothing in this game hits hard till the final quests in G4 or the event stuff. Its why its my fav MH to date. I can try out gunners without getting constantly wrecked.
Yeah I was mostly referring to late G3 and G4 quests, as well as hyper monsters and events. I'm farming Furious Rajang and G-rank hypers solo (or at least trying to) and it feels like regardless of my defense, 1 hit is enough to force me to heal immediately.

However, I won't lie when I say I can get incredibly greedy during a hunt.

Finally managed to buy the digital version off Amazon jp and downloading huzzah.

In Generations I'd gotten to HR 6 online but starting over I'll have no items or decent armor so what's the best way to "power level" so I can start playing with y'all? Sprint through the story keys? I had gotten pretty far online first in Generations but I'll be struggling to deal with the text.

Juraash

Finally managed to buy the digital version off Amazon jp and downloading huzzah.

In Generations I'd gotten to HR 6 online but starting over I'll have no items or decent armor so what's the best way to "power level" so I can start playing with y'all? Sprint through the story keys? I had gotten pretty far online first in Generations but I'll be struggling to deal with the text.

First and foremost, get all the item packs that they give you as dlc (be sure to claim them after you DL them). That will get you nicely set up with items, they also give you a ton of the eggs that you can sell for zenny. Think you wind up with about 4 or 5 million or some crazy shit like that. So that will take care of your immediate item/money needs. Then I would say a combination of rushing keys offline and having some folks here help you do the same online. With one or two moderately equiped people, you can catch up to your old HR in a few hours.

Claimed the items and going through story quests, is there a good quick reference guide? Can fumble around climbing things but remembering which option is hunting arks and the like is harder

dadjumper

Finally unlocked HR2 with a buddy today, and tried that Sailor Moon event quest. Couldn't manage it, not big on the cats
Meanwhile, I'm near the end of 3* in the village. Starting to get a lil burnt out after 30 hours, but still truckin along. Gave guild style greatsword a try and really enjoyed it, as well as aerial DB. added both to my rotation of sets.

Deband

Finally unlocked HR2 with a buddy today, and tried that Sailor Moon event quest. Couldn't manage it, not big on the cats
Meanwhile, I'm near the end of 3* in the village. Starting to get a lil burnt out after 30 hours, but still truckin along. Gave guild style greatsword a try and really enjoyed it, as well as aerial DB. added both to my rotation of sets.

I know you're doin all the quests, but I find if you jump about a bit it staves off the boredom.

Beats

Got a room up. Trying to get through HR3 and possibly all of high rank.

For anyone that was just in here I had to remake the hall:

38-4442-9592-7671 1234

Dingens

Got a room up. Trying to get through HR3 and possibly all of high rank.

16-0417-4650-4115
Pass is 1234

is HR3 online already high rank? or is it still low?
(haven't played online yet, but I've been waiting for a low-rank group to power through with...

same to you, if you like I'd be happy to join you online with my crappy low rank gear...

(haven't played online yet, but I've been waiting for a low-rank group to power through with...

same to you, if you like I'd be happy to join you online with my crappy low rank gear...
I'd be down in a few hours, just got off a plane so I'm going to rest a bit.

Beats

Remade the hall for anyone that was just with me:

38-4442-9592-7671 1234

Hr3 is low rank. 4 to 7 is high. Couple of folks here just helped me go through it and high rank.

Top Bottom