• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guy carries his ar-15 to go shopping at JC Penny

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoopen

http://current.com/community/940258...apped-to-back-strikes-a-nerve.htm?xid=RSSfeed

Photo of JC Penney shopper with rifle strapped to back, strikes a nerve
Cindy Yorgason took photos of a man shopping with a big gun slung over his shoulder and posted them on Facebook, where they received hundreds of comments and have since been shared more than a thousand times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iViD-iepDxg

From an international perspective, i find it hilarious that Americans are complaining about someone legally carrying an unloaded rifle in public.

saunderez

From an international perspective, i find it hilarious that Americans are complaining about someone legally carrying an unloaded rifle in public.

From my international perspective I find it sad that people feel the need to to walk around with firearms at all.

Cyan

Banned
Because there's legally nothing wrong with it? It's a very different perspective on the 'outside', i've read a lot of the commentary on pro/anti guns and personally i'm against it.

This still doesn't make sense. People shouldn't complain about it just because it's legal?

Suairyu

Banned
Carrying a gun, whether it's legal in the area or not, undeniably and massively alters the power dynamic of the situation. Intended or not, it's a statement of danger. It screams "beware me" and "danger" (You can add "overkill" and "doesn't think things through properly" if it's an assault rifle, too!). It's a threatening gesture.

That's kind of why people complain.

Wazzy

Banned
Because there's legally nothing wrong with it? It's a very different perspective on the 'outside', i've read a lot of the commentary on pro/anti guns and personally i'm against it.

How is anyone supposed to know it's not loaded?

If I saw someone walking through a store with an AR 15 gun on their back, i'd run and call 911.

saw this on facebook and i'm all like "wtf" and then i realized society at large is stupid. critical thought is missing from most. most people just want to "have an opinion". i'm really wanting to find a group of people to live amongst that aren't all aggro on literally everything. sad.

Forkball

Do you live in Sudan? I think most people in most countries would say someone carrying around an assault rifle in broad daylight is offputting.

Not that I would, but I suppose the desired effect is that people would fear you/not fuck with you.

But openly carrying a weapon into public settings automatically escalates the situation. If I was store security or an employee I'd assume they were going to rob/shoot up the store and call the police.

Schattenjäger;46646185 said:
This guy is a tool bag and pro gun peeps should also be offended by this tool bag

This.

alphaNoid

Banned
Good for him, exercising his legal right. Regardless if others don't agree he is 100 percent within his rights and nothing he did was illegal.

Name calling only makes others look dumb not this law abiding citizen.

Hey look at this tool obeying the law!! Lol right guys? Guys?

hym

Banned
My key problem with this is that every mass shooter moments before he started shooting was just a guy carrying a rifle.

Fuck feeling comfortable with that idea.

Messi

But openly carrying a weapon into public settings automatically escalates the situation. If I was store security or an employee I'd assume they were going to rob/shoot up the store and call the police.

This.

I am not saying it is the right move but I am sure its the reason he is doing it.

He is being a prick.

It's like I said in another thread, it's almost as if these assholes want to turn this country into a Third World nation. Go live in Somalia, and have fun in your open-carry Libertarian paradise.

bonercop

Because there's legally nothing wrong with it? .

what does that have to do with anything

Guns are scary weapons that can end your life in a flash. Here's another international perspective: seeing some random mouth-breather casually walk around with a weapon in his hand is terrifying.

PBY

Banned
My key problem with this is that every mass shooter moments before he started shooting was just a guy carrying a rifle.

Fuck feeling comfortable with that idea.
Seriously. If I saw that shit I'd call 911 and run. Law abiding citizens tho.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
what does that have to do with anything

Guns are scary weapons that can end your life in a flash. Here's another international perspective: seeing some random mouth-breather casually walk around with a weapon in his hand is terrifying.

Nah man, you don't live in the US, so you can't have an opinion on this. You just can't appreciate our gun culture or the amazing security that the Second Ammendment gives us.

Its sad I have to say this is sarcasm

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Good for him, exercising his legal right.
Just wanted to point this out for the sake of discussion, but he had no "legal right" to carry there. His carrying of the firearm was only allowed because JC Penny permitted it. His Second Amendment rights meant fuck all in this context.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
He was probably there shopping for a better fit of jeans that can properly house his enormous schlong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom