• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

San Diego Comic-Con exclusive Grand Admiral Thrawn with artifacts and special packaging.
dCQO5RS.jpg

3yPkgrf.jpg

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Absolutely love all the figures they're showing off. I think my favorites are Tarkin and Thrawn. I absolutely need those!

I like that it's a mix of characters I really want and characters that I give zero fucks about.
I get a pretty steady stream of figures without being overwhelmed.
Nothing worse than middle of the road figures. I'll inevitably buy them and then be like why did I do that.

Poe and BB-8 ArtFX Two-Pack:

Pretty great Oscar Isaac likeness.

Palpatine was unveiled at Celebration too.

Those look solid. I know Koto was pretty hesitant to do any of the human Episode VII characters before because they're a lot more difficult to sculpt than hordes of stormtroopers. And honestly some of the older Star Wars ArtFX+ faces are terrible.

Big Wazu

Always been a bit confused when it comes to ArtFX. So are they models you put together, are they statues? What exactly are they? I've seen a handful of them and they look very nice.

Always been a bit confused when it comes to ArtFX. So are they models you put together, are they statues? What exactly are they? I've seen a handful of them and they look very nice.

They're pre-painted pvc statues. They come in 5 or so pieces and you assemble them. Some come with alternate arms/legs for different poses.

SeanC

Are those ArtFX Star Wars kits worth it? Like quality wise.

I have some Kotobukiya stuff, but nothing from the ArtFX line.

They're solid figures that won't break the bank, but only recently do I feel their human headsculpts are looking good. I have a Vader with some troopers and they're great. Good mid-size, not giant or like an action figure, great paint and quality overall and they won't break the bank.

They're solid figures that won't break the bank, but only recently do I feel their human headsculpts are looking good. I have a Vader with some troopers and they're great. Good mid-size, not giant or like an action figure, great paint and quality overall and they won't break the bank.

Thanks! I feel the need to spend money for star wars merchandise after the celebration. This is how they get us.

Are those ArtFX Star Wars kits worth it? Like quality wise.

I have some Kotobukiya stuff, but nothing from the ArtFX line.

I have a bunch of the ArtFX+ figures. They're nice and don't require much assembly. They (Koto) do have a tendency to make a zillion types of Stormtrooper figures because then they don't have to worry about getting facial sculpts perfect. But thankfully they now have Episode VII Finn/Rey and Han/Chewie sets on the horizon.

Keep in mind the ArtFX+ figures are all 1/10 scale while the ArtFX line is 1/7 (but actually closer to 1/6). The ArtFX Kylo Ren literally just came out today, and I put in an order for him since the $300 worth of other figures I had coming out this month all got delayed.

RyanW

For anyone with the Bandai Model Kits, how are they? Interested in buying one. Not sure if I want a figure or ship yet

Yarbskoo

For anyone with the Bandai Model Kits, how are they? Interested in buying one. Not sure if I want a figure or ship yet

I've built a few of the droids using only the casual mode stickers with no paint.
R7XTHhC.png

I like them. They're fairly easy to assemble if you pay attention to the illustrations and have a lot of detail that probably looks really nice if you paint them. I kinda want the Battle Droid now.

Yarbskoo

While I wait for my Battle Droid kit to get here, I thought I'd take a look at one of the figures from the box in my closet vault. It's the Coruscant Chase Obi-Wan figure, who can hang from the included assassin droid using the power of magnets the force. I'm using a Play Arts stand to display him, since it's not really useful for the figure it came with.
ths64XP.png

The droid and figure are painted nicely enough I suppose, though it doesn't really resemble Ewan McGregor much.
Q8K1K8g.png
sUNrjiw.png

The figure also came with a lightsaber, because of course it did. Unfortunately, most of the paint has flaked off the metal hilt over the years.
IN3RMcR.png

Picked these two up from Walgreens today. I'm in love.

z7QXybr.jpg

The new Leia's a big improvement. Going to have to get one sooner or later.

I just ordered Krennic and a Death Trooper today after their prices dropped on Amazon UK. I've managed to get some decent deals on the Rogue One figures recently. Cassian and Jyn's prices dropped quite a bit as well. Still on the hunt for a decently priced K2 though.

Yarbskoo

Can anyone identify this compilation set? It includes what I assume are demos as well as full versions of various 90s Star Wars games in a hard plastic case, and I'm curious which collection it's from.
qUCxV8t.png
JhDdPC2.png
AsnO28D.png
MdyaBRe.png

Yarbskoo

Looks like The Lucasarts Archives Vol. IV from this list.

Yeah, that must be it, thanks!

Man, those are some great compilations.

The case is a lot nicer than the jewel cases or paper sleeves I'd normally expect from PC games of that era. One of these days I'll buy a flight stick and play through all of the Tie Fighter series.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Speaking of fucked wallets and lots of detail Bandai is finally going to release a 1/72 Falcon kit.
But at $400 I'd start thinking hard about getting the De Agostini 1/43 kit instead.

Yarbskoo

Speaking of fucked wallets and lots of detail Bandai is finally going to release a 1/72 Falcon kit.
But at $400 I'd start thinking hard about getting the De Agostini 1/43 kit instead.

I'm sure it'll look beautiful, but there's no way I'm paying that much for a plastic spaceship that won't fit in my house.

TAJ

I'm sure it'll look beautiful, but there's no way I'm paying that much for a plastic spaceship that won't fit in my house.

Ceiling mount. :)

Xamdou

Okay, two questions:

1. Is Black Series Revan worth getting? It seems a little expensive.

2. Where the hell is HK-47?

1. Yes if you want the best ever Black Series Figure ever!

2. Revan won a fan vote I believe which is why we got a figure of him in the first place, hopefully they do one for HK-47.

Yarbskoo

1. Yes if you want the best ever Black Series Figure ever!

2. Revan won a fan vote I believe which is why we got a figure of him in the first place, hopefully they do one for HK-47.

To be honest, most of the Black series figures I've seen haven't looked so great, so the fact that it's the best one isn't that surprising.

Kotor is my favorite piece of Star Wars media though, so even if you only saw this design in a few flashbacks, I still kinda want it.

Also, if we can get a Moldy Crow miniature, surely an Ebon Hawk isn't out of the question right?

Drayco21

1. Is Black Series Revan worth getting? It seems a little expensive.

Revan is fantastic and all, but Hasbro figures are never worth more than the $20ish they retail for- even for a design as nice as Revan, I wouldn't advise anyone pay scalper prices for him.

If you catch him in person, or during an Amazon/HTS restock, you should jump on it though.

Top Bottom