• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tales of Graces f English Screenshots

This is frustrating. We never got any kind of materials from Namco and I'm pretty sure no other sites did either.

What are they thinking?

VerTiGo

Banned
I just recently cancelled my pre-order. Not to hate on it. I love Tales games since Symphonia and I've been wanting this... but SFxT. So, some day...

Kayo-kun

Well, Xillia was rushed and Graces F is a Wii game with a higher resolution and a few extra sparkles.

So I can see why you think that. Vesperia was indeed beautiful.

I know, that's why I am somewhat disappointed with the route Namco has taken after Vesperia. I was waiting for a proper HD gen Tales game like Vesperia, but all they've done lately is port the Graces and Xillia which doesn't seem as impressive visually. Not to mention that there are rumours that Xillia was ment to be for the Wii before turning into a PS3 title which might explain why it looks underwhelming. I know that I might sound like a graphic whore, but after getting spoiled by Vesperia, I was expecting the following HD Tales to atleast look on par with it.

matmanx1

Having played the JP demo bunches I can safely say that those screens do not in any way do the game justice. Those screens are compressed and fuzzy and the real game looks quite crisp and colorful. Have no fear on that account.

klee123

After playing the beautiful Vesperia, Graces and Xillia looks awful for me :/

I'll give you Graces due to its origins on Wii, but Xillia looks better than Vesperia overall IMO, due to the better looking backgrounds and more detailed characters.

Vesperia looks "cleaner" I guess due to the cell shading, but detail wise, it's actually pretty poor.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I come back home, check GAF, and I'm like, "since when did I make a thre... ohhhhh." Sorry about that.

Hmm those shots aren't all that great, but thinking of picking this up just the same. Will be my first Tales of game.
It's more fun than it looks, and there are six difficulty settings (though you have to unlock two of them by fighting more battles on the max difficulty)! I hope you enjoy it. :D

Kayo-kun said:
After playing the beautiful Vesperia, Graces and Xillia looks awful for me :/
I know how you feel. For example, with Xillia, I wasn't feeling the look at all prior to release. I disliked it, and I wanted the cel-shading back. But after a while with it, I got used to the style and I ended up liking it. Same with Graces--though Graces' strong suit is truly the battle and ability system.

Hey. Is the mysterious chef in this game?
No. You synthesize foods yourself and put them in the Arles Pot and they work via a gambit-like system. It's really cool.

Please.... make the OT title to have something like ( buy this good Tales to get Xillia too ) or something like this, WE NEED to promote this in every possible way... I'm doing my part of the job so well with every gamer i know.

and Graces F looks good to me... don't judge by the pictures of the video, download the demo from the JP store and see by yourself.

and I agree TOV looks very clean and smooth and pretty.... but I take TOX style with a heartbeat, it's more detailed and realistic for a Tales game.

Toki767

Please.... make the OT title to have something like ( buy this good Tales to get Xillia too ) or something like this, WE NEED to promote this in every possible way... I'm doing my part of the job so well with every gamer i know.

and Graces F looks good to me... don't judge by the pictures of the video, download the demo from the JP store and see by yourself.

and I agree TOV looks very clean and smooth and pretty.... but I take TOX style with a heartbeat, it's more detailed and realistic for a Tales game.

They say the sales of this game won't effect the chances of Xillia coming over though.

They're clearly lying about that though.

Toki767

Please forgive me if this is a dumb question: Is these the sequel to Tales of Vesperia? Should I play that before jumped on Tales of Graces?

Nope. Tales games are like Final Fantasy games. Every game has a different plot and characters and stuff. Unless they make a sequel on purpose, but you would know since it'd have a number at the end.

Is it just me, or does this game not seem as gorgeous as Tales of Vesperia.

Maybe rose-colored glasses. I'll have to go back and play it one of these days.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'll have character bios for sure. Um... If I really wanted to do something stupid it'd be like Tales of Graces f |OT| Tales of Xillia. But I'm not going to.

I just recently cancelled my pre-order. Not to hate on it. I love Tales games since Symphonia and I've been wanting this... but SFxT. So, some day...

If two games are coming out in the same week and I can only buy one then I buy the one that's going to get the lower amount of sales. If a game is going to sell well, then it doesn't need my money because the numbers will be high anyway. In the case of Graces, I'll buy it over whatever the hell is coming out since I know Graces won't get much numbers. This way the developer knows people care.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Please forgive me if this is a dumb question: Is these the sequel to Tales of Vesperia? Should I play that before jumped on Tales of Graces?
No, but there's a Vesperia prequel! :D

HRNNV.jpg

It's a movie, btw.

Toki767

If two games are coming out in the same week and I can only buy one then I buy the one that's going to get the lower amount of sales. If a game is going to sell well, then it doesn't need my money because the numbers will be high anyway. In the case of Graces, I'll buy it over whatever the hell is coming out since I know Graces won't get much numbers. This way the developer knows people care.

I think it's probably also safe to say that SFxT will probably go on sale and be cheaper in a month or two whereas Graces F will probably not be in stock anymore.

kayos90

I think it's probably also safe to say that SFxT will probably go on sale and be cheaper in a month or two whereas Graces F will probably not be in stock anymore.

Not buying anymore fighting games from Capcom. After the shenanigans with UMvC3, no freaking way.

They say the sales of this game won't effect the chances of Xillia coming over though.

They're clearly lying about that though.

I just hope this can reach the sales of TOV ( 150k-200k).... because I think this is a very good numbers.

Oh god I won't feel safe till I read something like ( Namco is happy with the sales of TogF ) .

I don't just want this and TOX... I want every mothership Tales game on the consoles to be released in the west too.

Awesome, a co-op Tales game just months after I convert my wife to the dark side? Yes please.

Playing eternal sonata now and she's loving it. Yessssssssss

I'm sort of annoyed that this is coming out so close to Xenoblade Chronicles.

I don't think I have the constitution for two RPGs in a row so I might save Graces for a summer play.

kayos90

If anyone wants I can let someone borrow Xillia. As long as yall cover shipping and give me money while you're borrowing so you dont' just steal it. I'll give you the money back afterwards. Just an insurance deposit.

I have the KR version of Graces f. The JP dlc works fine.

The Korean version (and Asian versions too) is essentially the Japanese game in a different slip cover with a manual in Korean. JP DLC will work on those. The North American is a completely different region release, so the DLC won't work.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Not buying anymore fighting games from Capcom. After the shenanigans with UMvC3, no freaking way.
Neither am I. That entire affair turned me off to their fighting games in general.

kayos90 said:
I'll have character bios for sure. Um... If I really wanted to do something stupid it'd be like Tales of Graces f |OT| Tales of Xillia. But I'm not going to.
Well, Jude's a pugilist and one of Asbel's styles is sheathed and kicking, so... it wouldn't be too out-there?

I'm reaching, I know.

Malik = Rowen since they're both sort of like glass cannons. >.>

Xena

I apologize if it has already been asked and answer, but: are the skits going to be voiced in the NA version? I'm playing Abyss 3DS right now and it's kinda frustrating watching the skits without any voice acting and worse, when not even a background music is playing.

RPGCrazied

I apologize if it has already been asked and answer, but: are the skits going to be voiced in the NA version? I'm playing Abyss 3DS right now and it's kinda frustrating watching the skits without any voice acting and worse, when not even a background music is playing.

Don't think they've said anything about that. Tales of Vesperia skits were voiced, so I feel good about these being voiced too.

DR2K

Banned
I think the OT title should be something about how gaf is promoting this game more so than even Namco themselves.

The only way we're getting Xilia is if we can promote the game with a good word of mouth. Hopefully it's good enough to warrant that, same way Demons Souls got promoted. Just annoy the living shit out of every thread, person, gamer in the world and shove it in the face of everyone like it's the most glorious piece of art on a disc.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I think they are, given that Vesperia's and Dawn of the New World's skits were voiced. Edit: Yeah, it was confirmed.

Even with the implementation of Groovy Chat, they'll come across better if they were voiced than silent. Playing Tales of the Abyss 3DS with silent skits is really weird after having experienced voiced skits in the JP games, lol.

BTW, kayos--if you want, you could put a little something about Groovy Chat in there since it's kinda new (even if it's expanding on Destiny 2's skits), and they usually happen around save points anyway. If you need help with text, let me know but going by your post, it seems like you have it all taken care of already. :D

Game looks good, been trying to hype this like crazy among my IRL friends who own PS3s. Hopefully this game sells out everywhere like TotA 3D seems to be doing. Show Namco the US supports the series.

Top Bottom