• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

nel e nel

I think a Rachni Wars --> Krogan Rebellion storyline would be pretty nifty.

You could play a Krogan Battlemaster in the first, and alternate between Turian and Salarian in the 2nd. Would be pretty fresh to play as a STG agent. Maybe a young Mordin planting the Genophage, so you get the full 'fall from grace and redemption' storyline for him?

Gui_PT

Guise, I got a privileged sneak peek at teh new ending

Oh mai gawd
AsY0CDlCMAAHFK2.jpg:large

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah, but they basically prototyped the other species with the MP in 3. Just spitballin...

There's no way EA marketing would let Bioware create a humanless ME. "How can the player connect with the main character if he/she isn't human?!!?"

I'm wondering if Bioware/EA will ever release another statistics page about how many players play some race or some class. Now that ME3 been there for 2 months, i'm sure humans wont be as high in the list. And from all the multiplayer i've done since then, humans are not really that much popular than other races. Human soldiers even less, which always was the most popular class in past ME games. Maybe with multiplayer now, people finally gave a try for other classes and realized how much more fun they are than soldiers.

Maybe that would convince them that a ME game featuring an alien race as the main character isnt such an impossible task to market. Especially if its a prequel with a loved character like Mordin or Wrex.

I'm wondering if Bioware/EA will ever release another statistics page about how many players play some race or some class. Now that ME3 been there for 2 months, i'm sure humans wont be as high in the list. And from all the multiplayer i've done since then, humans are not really that much popular than other races. Human soldiers even less, which always was the most popular class in past ME games. Maybe with multiplayer now, people finally gave a try for other classes and realized how much more fun they are than soldiers.

Maybe that would convince them that a ME game featuring an alien race as the main character isnt such an impossible task to market. Especially if its a prequel with a loved character like Mordin or Wrex.

If EA has there way when they inevitably demand another sequel, dudebro James Vega will be the new main character for the series.

Myomoto

I hate that out of all of the characters in the series, Bioware chose Vega to star in this anime. Why not Garrus or Wrex? I do know the reason why, but it's a dumb reason.

I'm guessing because of the same reason he was included in ME3: Make a character that doesn't know anything about the universe, such that expository dialogue comes off as natural and the overall story feels like an introduction to the universe.

The problem with the Vega character is that he is almost literally nothing else.

I'm guessing because of the same reason he was included in ME3: Make a character that doesn't know anything about the universe, such that expository dialogue comes off as natural and the overall story feels like an introduction to the universe.

The problem with the Vega character is that he is almost literally nothing else.
Pretty much which I find stupid since new players should not be trying to enter into the series in the third installment of a story driven series.

Myomoto

Pretty much which I find stupid since new players should not be trying to enter into the series in the third installment of a story driven series.

Tell that to EA's shareholders who are angry they're blowing a lot of cash on a game with a limited group of potential buyers.

nel e nel

I ended up liking Vega a lot more than I expected to, and he did have some funny interactions with Cortez and Javik. He is also a beast to have on your team as a tank. But yeah, in the end he kinda petered out. We never did find out what that hum was.

Isn't that the Vega anime? I thought it was going to be a show.

Website is calling it a motion picture.

I ended up liking Vega a lot more than I expected to, and he did have some funny interactions with Cortez and Javik. He is also a beast to have on your team as a tank. But yeah, in the end he kinda petered out. We never did find out what that hum was.

INDOCTRINATION

Why not? If they like it, play the previous games.

Mass Effect 3 is the most newcomer friendly out of all the games and there's three ways to play.

spekkeh

Banned
To think all of that could've been prevented if Garrus were able to tag along. "The crucible isn't firing, Shepard, it has to be something on your end"

Garrus "Wait, let me do some calibrations"

Crucible destroys the reapers.

Bazza

Probably never happen, pretty much every game i played in the past that had multiple races other than human iv picked a non human character.

I really don't get the obsession with the 'not being able to connect to the main character if they are not human' stance of developers. its a game for fuck sake escapism and enjoyment are the main object of games.

Bioware are the biggest culprit for this in the most recent gaming generation, i never had any issues relating to my fictional character in NWN or DA:O.

Gimme aliens, elves, dwarves, demons or tentacle monsters over humans, im a human and being a human is boring compared to other creatures and races other minds have come up with in the past.

Rapstah

Probably never happen, pretty much every game i played in the past that had multiple races other than human iv picked a non human character.

I really don't get the obsession with the 'not being able to connect to the main character if they are not human' stance of developers. its a game for fuck sake escapism and enjoyment are the main object of games.

Bioware are the biggest culprit for this in the most recent gaming generation, i never had any issues relating to my fictional character in NWN or DA:O.

Gimme aliens, elves, dwarves, demons or tentacle monsters over humans, im a human and being a human is boring compared to other creatures and races other minds have come up with in the past.

Mass Effect's races are so different physiologically that a lot of content, mostly dialogues and romances (lol) would have to be tailored for every race. In say Dragon Age, 99% of the content is universal across races, except for the origin stories and when you return to the origin story areas in the main quest. I'm sure there's a way to optimsie developemnt for this, maybe with some clever generic animation tricks they could avoid having to remake cut scenes for every possible combination of race and gender, but I'm not sure it fits into Bioware's pipeline at the moment. Keep in mind the basically biggest change between Dragon Age 1 and 2 was that the second one forces you into a voiced human character, while the first one had KOTOR-style dialogue lists that corresponded exactly to what you would imagine your character said.

televator

To think all of that could've been prevented if Garrus were able to tag along. "The crucible isn't firing, Shepard, it has to be something on your end"

Garrus "Wait, let me do some calibrations"

Crucible destroys the reapers.

I'd give Garrus one helluva gay hug if he could save the ending in such a fashion.

D23

Yes, go outside and look at the stars. Then feel a little empty.

so yea... i have liara and garrus in my party but how the fuck did they ended up with joker in the end at some mysterious planet? da fuk

o well.. at least the journey was fun lol

Gazzawa

ive made a huge mistake. doing a mostly paragon run. killed the quarians. then watched tali killed herself. one of the most desperate scenes i have ever seen.
its like my renegade run all over again!

so yea... i have liara and garrus in my party but how the fuck did they ended up with joker in the end at some mysterious planet? da fuk

o well.. at least the journey was fun lol

It's a bullshit move by EAware to force a sequel when the series should have ended like Halo 3.

Nori Chan

I didn't find the ending bad myself when I first saw it until I went into the thread and saw the couple videos making me realize that there were so many questions unanswered

then I realized it was the same ending for every other choice and that made me rage

Top Bottom