• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS: Second Son out in February

GameSeeker

Feb is good timing. Most folks will have played the Nov/Dec launch window titles to death and will be looking for something new.

Gbraga

passivaszardz.gif

Having just completed Infamous 2, fucking EXCELLENT game, I will be all over this asap.
That Blood Festival DLC too, man those guys really know how to make a fun game.

Festival of Blood blew my mind. It was so good. Like you said, SP knows what's up.

Fun in a basket.

Guevara

Smart timing imo. No matter what the PS4 will likely be sold out through New Years. Plus it gives the launch titles room to breath.

Well I sure hope it actually comes out in February and this isn't a "February" release date.

You never know around console launches...

Great timing IMO. Keeps people buying in February and keep interest up. They need a major title for April as well and a bunch of megatons at E3 to carry them through to September/October.

nib95

Banned
ibrTJQpnigZr32.gif

Yes i am using every excuse to use this gif as I spent an embarrassingly long time working on it

Don't be embarrassed dude, one of the best ban GIF's I've seen lol.

Only thing I'd say is the Banned writing should have been more pronounced! :p

Smart timing imo. No matter what the PS4 will likely be sold out through New Years. Plus it gives the launch titles room to breath.

Yeah the launch window is covered. The interesting thing will be if there will be a drought after inFamous and how bad it will be. I expect The Order to be q2 at absolute earliest. Well they prolly will have the rumoured TLOU port coming relatively soon next year too but that is only a port after all.

Well the japanese PS4 release must be relatively early 2014 so maybe TGS will show some q1-q2 games?

Greg Miller has been saying February for quite some time. I speculated that he was under the impression this was common knowledge and has been accidentally 'leaking it' (I guess) this whole time.

Krakn3Dfx

Have they talked about user made content in Second Son like they had in Infamous 2? Haven't seen anything, but people made a ton of content in the last one, so I'm hoping it carries over in some form.

Way sooner than I thought. Excellent news. Dat launch window. Keep 'em comin Sony!

This is a killer app and will most definitely sell systems.

Vibranium

Banned
My birth month! I'm debating whether to grab the PS4 when the game comes out or the system at launch, an earlier release date does help make the decision to wait easier.

LegoArmo

This game is the main reason I'm getting a PlayStation 4. I can't wait.

Still going to buy one at launch, because I don't see a price cut between the end of November and February, and there's still some other cool games I'd like to get the PS4 version of.

Can't hurt to have the console for a few months first.

Top Bottom