• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku Rumor: Final Fantasy Versus XIII dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant accept this, simply I refuse to believe this.

WANT THE HEAD OF NOMURA IN A PIKE & WADA IN THE HANDS OF JIGSAW!!!!!

My revenge will be terrible!!!

Minions

Keeping hope alive. I don't see the game being canceled. If anything I see it getting bumped to the ps4 possibly. The long delay (before showing content, when they were ready) might have been a decision to retool the game with a newer engine. I think if this game was canceled we would have seen more people leave SE. Most of their best workers are aging (much like nintendos) I don't see Nomura giving up this game that easily. Only time will tell. If the game is dropped I will be buying my games from SE second hand as I think that was a horrible decision.

Kamek

My brother loves 13 and 13-2 and tells me all the time how they're only second to 6 in terms of awesomeness and I laugh at him (not because I hate 13, but because there are better games in the series after 6) and say Versus is going to be awesome. AND IT'S POSSIBLY CANCELLED NOW? Ugh

Regardless if the rumor is true or not ( I'm leaning towards the renaming theory)
the absence of the psp final fantasy's (both PSN or physical releases), the terrible launch of 14, the mediocre Nintendo DS entries and the length of time spent waiting on this particular title really have me taken back a bit by the direction of the franchise right now.

If this teaches us anything, DO NOT hold your breath for this.
http://youtu.be/UVX0OUO9ptU

Erasus

lol if true.

Im an okay FF fan, but even I can see how its dead. Stuff like Mass Effect, Oblivion, Skyrim, Dragon Age, MASSIVE, MASSIVE games with HD-Towns (omg so hard) have been released. Something is effed up at SquareEnix

TheOddOne

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

Hurry! Put it in videogame section...
i8yONqpB6Pc31.png

Son of a ...

Diablos

Eh, I've had a gut feeling for at least a year now that this game would end up getting shitcanned.

It's not a confirmed rumor of course, but I'm feeling pretty confident it'll end up being true. I'd love to be proven wrong, but frankly Versus has kind of been a disaster from the start. They announced it entirely way too early in 2006, given it technically didn't really start getting developed until 2009. The whole process thus far is testament to how lazy and incompetent S-E has been for over half a decade's time now.

Nibel

No.

No No No No. Just NO please.

I am one of those crazy persons who wait for this since 2006. If this is true then I will go crazy!

WHY

iIFnfSMEJzziV.gif

FUCK my LIFE

MrT-Tar

It wouldn't surprise me to be honest, S-E seem to be clusterfucking everything up as of late; TWEWY and FFTA2 are the only two original (ie not ports or remakes) games I think they have released in the 7th gen that are of a similar quality to what they regularly output in the 4th and 5th generations.

Diablos

It will be repackaged as FFXV.
Yeah, I've been advocating for quite some time now that they should just completely disassociate Versus from anything related to the abortion that is XIII/XIII-2's "story". It shouldn't be too hard.

But renaming it to XV is only possible if the game is still in the works. If it's not...

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Oh is it? I thought they removed it. Well crap... guess I gotta go through Historia Crux to change everything.

Basically Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII became simply Fabula Nova Crystallis once Agito changed names. So while Type-0 is no longer a 'XIII' game, it still is based loosely on the FNC mythos.

So, Fabula Nova Criatalis would be completely dead as a new 'FF universe'.

It was a horrible fucking idea to start with. Trying to spin off one installment of the franchise into it's own sub-franchise only really worked with FF7, and that was because the game itself was one of the most beloved in the franchise. Trying to pull something like that with FF13 from the beginning just made them seem pompous, and it seemed especially stupid after FF13's poor reception, basically spelling doom for any spinoffs from it.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Square needs to go back to its roots. Focus less on graphics more on game play / story.

Then perhaps they wouldnt have these problems.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Basically Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII became simply Fabula Nova Crystallis once Agito changed names. So while Type-0 is no longer a 'XIII' game, it still is based loosely on the FNC mythos.

Hmm. Interesting. Did not know that. Well, now I know.

Cartman86

Banned

Is the Fal'ce stuff a part of Type-0? Is that what connects them?

Persona86

Banned
Found on gif reaction. I am not sure, but I think it is from a brazilian reality show.

._.
Yeah looks like Brazilian thighs to me ;)

I highly doubt this game is cancelled, the game looks too good to be cancelled. Hopefully TGS will give us a nice suprise.

Edit:
It's a brazilian reality show. The name of the girl is Nicole Bahls.
Typed her name in google, she's got a brazilian ass too. *drools*

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
You know, they can rename it Final Fantasy XV and it can technically still be part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series since they removed XIII from the branding.

Maybe that was SE's true intention after all?

DXPett1

Considering SE latest announcement and how much SE love to do want their fans want them to do this seems about right.

Writing has been on the wall for a while now

:(

Is the Fal'ce stuff a part of Type-0? Is that what connects them?

Type-0 doesn't have Fal'Cie, but it does have L'Cie. Which are different in Type-0. 'Crystals' take up the position closest to the Fal'Cie in Type-0's world. I think it's safe to say that a lot of the same story ideas were at work in both games, although they take different forms and the games include different developments. From what I could understand from playing Type-0, the game handles things better. I think we can also expect Versus to have very similar plot elements.

For those who have played Type-0, I felt that
the treatment of Rem and Machina felt similar to Fang and Vanille in FFXIII

Hindle

Banned
Pure incompetence on Squares part. They're best of moving on to the next FF and this time not announcing until its almost ready.

Anything tied to Final Fantasy XIII isn't particularly appealing to me anyway, so if this rumour is true then it isn't a big deal. Versus looked like Final Fantasy XIII: The K-Pop Edition, which might get SHINee fans moist, but anyone with good taste had to have balked at its art style.

Just get on with XV Square Enix.

DR2K

Banned
Goes against information I was told quite recently, which was that Nomura is hard at work on the game and something of it will be shown at TGS.

Hasn't that usually been the case though? They really should just stop whatever they've been doing because it's a colossal waste of time at this point. This is Vaporware and really nothing else in my opinion.

The Jason

Maybe
VersusAgni.jpg

Will both will become FFXV

Go_Ly_Dow

Maybe
VersusAgni.jpg

Will both will become FFXV

i can see the similarity, but the versus guy is a nomura design and the agni's one is from a eidos character designer.

however i do agree that versus will become xv and the true marketing push will only begin from that point onwards.

To mis-quote a Chase & Status sample "I need hits, from the public: I tell what the bloggers what to say, understand?"

Need moar source pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom