• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
BAFTA awards today where TLoU won GOTY and Kojima went there as a guest? Not sure.

From tonight's BAFTA where TLOU took few awards, including Best Story, Best Audio, Best Game Performance [Ellie] and Game of the Year.
http://awards.bafta.org/award/2014/games
Thanks! That's like a dream team line up right there.

Makes me wonder if Kojima actually played TLOU himself and what he thought it. I remember him saying how much ND's trailer inspired him a couple E3's ago.

Spazznid

Is there anywhere i can download the Phantom Pain Red Band trailer in high quality? I can only find Youtube videos (and their shitty compression).

http://www.playerattack.com/file/42827/Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain-E3-2013-Extended-Trailer/

That site is a pain to navigate, but it usually has some hard to find direct feed trailers, and some in 60fps, when available. Another site to bookmark is Gamersyde, and sometimes Gametrailers comes through with nice downloads, but not often.

GavinUK86

anyone in the uk wanna share where they're getting the ps4 version from? i can't decide between shopto or simplygames. as i understand (correct me if i'm wrong) they all include the mother base preorder stuff and the deju vu mission?

UrbanRats

Violater

Damn Ninja's out of the shadows
KuGsj.gif

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
It sucks that we'll have to wait until TPP for MGO, but hopefully this will showcase some of the game mechanics and other aspects that we can expect for that game. 6 more days!

Digital PS3 version costs $35.73 here in New Zealand. I was expecting much higher, considering the retail price is $69.99. I can't find the PS4 version on the store, I don't think it's up here yet.

It sucks that we'll have to wait until TPP for MGO, but hopefully this will showcase some of the game mechanics and other aspects that we can expect for that game. 6 more days!

I imagine owners of Ground Zeroes will be able to take part in some exclusive MGO beta. That would be the smart thing to do.

HigXx

Make sure you have the analogue controls enabled, if not Ocelot is unecasarily difficult

Always keep moving. The game doesn't really go out of its way to tell you that you can run and shoot at the same time by holding X while aiming.

Get close enough to use auto-aim. When you're within range, hold down square to lock-on to the enemy, then release to fire.

Thanks everyone, I'll give it a try. Really interested in the story. Hopefully controls get a bit easier as games go on?

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Caption: 'Men become pre-orderers'
GAF: 'Kojima sent MGS back to hell, but we're going even deeper'.
Me: 'Kaz, I'm already a pre-orderer'.

dc89

Caption: 'Men become pre-orderers'
GAF: 'Kojima sent MGS back to hell, but we're going even deeper'.
Me: 'Kaz, I'm already a pre-orderer'.

:lol
Brilliant.

anyone in the uk wanna share where they're getting the ps4 version from? i can't decide between shopto or simplygames. as i understand (correct me if i'm wrong) they all include the mother base preorder stuff and the deju vu mission?

I second this notion. PM's or whatever. I need it now.

Well that's errr... kinda stupid. I'd love a digital version of Peace Walker but why on Earth would I buy the PS3 version of GZ?
Depends on the country you live. Here in Brazil, for example, the ps4 price is absurd, so the only way I can play the game is on my ps3.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Might as well ask:
If anyone (UK) knows somewhere online where I can get this game earlier, PM me please.

Top Bottom