• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sakurai confirms Smash trailer at E3 direct!

zroid

Banned
mario_marioAndLuigiHappyDance.gif

Sakurai has mentioned the 3DS version, but all E3 material from Nintendo has only mentioned the Wii U version. At the very least, I guess this trailer is going to be Wii U only.

I'd say that the trailer Sakurai's talking about is the Wii U version, but the 3DS version will be covered in the inevitable 3DS Direct.

NeonZ

Don't think there's much basis for that. They haven't mentioned much about the game overall. We don't even know its title.

The Direct Announcement and some other press releases from Nintendo have only mentioned the Wii U version of the game though, ignoring the 3DS one. I don't think the 3DS game has been cancelled, but there might be a reason it's getting so sidelined. Maybe a delay or they just won't be focusing on it for this initial reveal?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wonder if Sakurai will talk in the direct. They always tend to have them talk.

It's considerably worse to post "Meh" than posting you don't like SSB in an SSB thread. Hardly going to convince him via "Meh".

It's like going to a review thread and say "meh" to the scores, since it's off-topic and isn't really isn't adding much to the thread. But the person is a known troll so there we go.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Interested to see if this levelling/development concept Sakurai was throwing around way back when ends up in the game.

ant1532

Banned
after brawls release im so jaded about future releases since the reason i love melee was probably truly accidental(the competitive side to it)

that said im excited to see what they put in the series and how it looks in HD finally.

Ein Bear

Yeah, I know. I switched to the CC for Brawl and at first the button layout really messed me up.

I had to make the switch to the CCP when I transferred everything over to my Wii U.

Took some getting used to, but I actually think I prefer it to the Cube controller now. The digital triggers are much nicer for blocking.

I just want 1 character per big 3rd party. Keep the Snakes and the Sonics, then give us the Mega Mans and the Kites (.hack//) and I'll be more than happy even if the rest of the roster is identical.

Sheroking

The Direct Announcement and some other press releases from Nintendo have only mentioned the Wii U version of the game though, ignoring the 3DS one. I don't think the 3DS version has been cancelled, but there might be a reason it's getting so sidelined.

It probably shouldn't even exist, to be honest with you. It distracts from the more important version and creates an environment where gamers don't NEED to buy the Wii U to play the game.

Not that I don't like the idea of handheld Smash Brothers and cross-play.

GRW810

Did EatChildren sent you?! He's convinced the 3DS version will be cancelled. It's coming fellas.
He didn't, but I'm not surprised others have considered the possibility. I guess it all depends on resources. If they'll stretch far enough for two versions of the game, there will be two versions of the game. Smash.Bros will sell millions on both Wii U and 3DS.

I winger whether they will be different games with some similarities, or like Monster Hunter where it's basically the same game on Teri platforms. Wii U HAS to be the stronger version because it needs to shift consoles, but online multiplayer between players on both consoles would be fun.

NotLiquid

It begins.

If there is no Smash Dojo Miiverse Community lasting all the way up until release I will Forward-Smash someone.

Instead of link, Mario, Kirby, pikachu starting the trailer they should have new 3rd party characters start it with or without Mario

Mega Man has to make it :( please nintendo. Go get him

Jarnet87

Big news for Smash fans, for me I just hope it's a quick trailer and then they move on. I stopped being a fan of the series a long time ago.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Strange timing. I think this is in response to Square-Enix.

Yes, such odd timing for Nintendo to show a Smash Bros trailer during their own E3 presentation/Nintendo Direct.

What a huge mystery.

I just want 1 character per big 3rd party. Keep the Snakes and the Sonics, then give us the Mega Mans and the Kites (.hack//) and I'll be more than happy even if the rest of the roster is identical.

I can't help but feel a Castlevania rep would be more appropriate than Snake, but I'll keep my "Snake is a bizarre choice for Smash" shit out of here. Pacman, Megaman, Sonic. Think that's as far as it should go. Third parties can have their own character fighter...

Hope Marth gets replaced with "Marth"

tumblr_lw4n42Zzoj1r20idto1_250.gif

You know. You know.

Fandangox

Wouldn't it make sense for Marth to just be an alternate costume of "Marth"

Marth is not getting replaced, he is the closest thing to a flagship character Fire Emblem has.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, cannot wait for this. Hoping for the totally out-of-nowhere character reveal like with Brawl and Snake, especially if Namco's helping otu.

It's like going to a review thread and say "meh" to the scores, since it's off-topic and isn't really isn't adding much to the thread. But the person is a known troll so there we go.

FFS get over it. Saying I'm trolling is silly. If I really wanted to troll I'd tell you what I really think of Smash Bros in detail. I didn't even think 'meh' was going to draw any attention.

Top Bottom