• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

asagami_

Banned
dawno2uss.png

Persona 5 is almost heeere.

After my meal break I'm going to call to my shop and see if they have the game. For god sake, just a for a day please :(

Mediking

Once I find out my favorite cast member of P5... I'll find fanart of him/her and will finally dethrone Minato as my avatar....

P5 hype!

I actually WORK at USPS. I will eat my hand if you get the game today. Lol

Haha, fair enough. I'm not a big fan of USPS (no offense) so I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if didn't show up until tomorrow. I can't play it anyway until I download the JP voices...wonder what time those are going up.

Mediking

I was hoping they would release the rest of the character themes on PSN. Probably not anymore.

They probably will. Game isn't even officially out yet.

@AtlusPrime Any insight on this? Or maybe even the DLC situation in general? Heck, you guys prolly already know I'm buying all the DLC without really hesitating but making it even a little bit cheaper (like maybe everything for like $25-$30) would make alotta people happy.

Haha, fair enough. I'm not a big fan of USPS (no offense) so I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if didn't show up until tomorrow. I can't play it anyway until I download the JP voices...wonder what time those are going up.

LMAO you're fine. USPS has it's problems (lazy workers and mean management) BUT it does ship out mail.... eventually.

DNAbro

@AtlusPrime Any insight on this? Or maybe even the DLC situation in general? Heck, you guys prolly already know I'm buying all the DLC without really hesitating but making it even a little bit cheaper (like maybe everything for like $25-$30) would make alotta people happy.

LMAO you're fine. USPS has it's problems (lazy workers and mean management) BUT it does ship out mail.... eventually.

I'm not sure if the new Atlus PR manager has made an appearance here yet. But uhh yeah they aren't going to make the DLC cheaper.

Sophia

Not sure about the UK, but the Japanese voices (and Challenge Mode) are already up on the US PSN for PS4.

brian!

Ppl who are using jp audio; i hear it's not "complete" like eng dub is, as in it's not done as throughly (background voices, etc.) Can anyone speak on that? Was considering restarting in japanese but wouldnt want to if this is the case

Not sure about the UK, but the Japanese voices (and Challenge Mode) are already up on the US PSN for PS4.

Thanks!

Ppl who are using jp audio; i hear it's not "complete" like eng dub is, as in it's not done as throughly (background voices, etc.) Can anyone speak on that? Was considering restarting in japanese but wouldnt want to if this is the case

According to someone in the OT:
The former. And I mean a lot. During combat anyway. Anything an enemy persona says and most of the groups pep talk.

I think I might have to switch to the English dub if that's the case.

There's a lot of background audio such as crowd chatter and tvs that isn't subbed. There's also tv shows/movies that don't have subtitles, and some combat dialogue.

Although with combat stuff, anything substantial is subbed, so it probably wouldn't be as bad as #FE was.

brian!

When you say crowd chatter isn't subbed do you mean like those speech bubbles that come up while walking? In any case it kinda sounds like i should go with eng if i want a more full experience, thanks for the answers everyone

When you say crowd chatter isn't subbed do you mean like those speech bubbles that come up while walking? In any case it kinda sounds like i should go with eng if i want a more full experience, thanks for the answers everyone

No, I mean there's been a few scenes during certain story events where you hear people talking as background noise.

Mediking

I'm not sure if the new Atlus PR manager has made an appearance here yet. But uhh yeah they aren't going to make the DLC cheaper.

Hopefully the new Atlus PR guy (Will, I think) will feel more comfortable with coming here over time....

Wow. I miss Hardin. Funny guy. Talkative too. When I asked him about P3 FES hitting PS4, I really appreciate that he gave me an answer about it.... on GAF... in THIS community.

Why the heck doesn't he have a GAF account? RIP

Lunar15

Anyone who played TMS#FE should have known this would have been the situation with the japanese audio track. Glad to hear it's not quite as bad, but still.

brian!

No, I mean there's been a few scenes during certain story events where you hear people talking as background noise.

Yeah i think i understood after i posted haha, but in general i think ill be happier if i dont run into a bunch of japanese that i dont understand and isn't translated for me. Tho honestly a lot of the background audio goes in one ear and out the other even in eng

There's a lot of background audio such as crowd chatter and tvs that isn't subbed. There's also tv shows/movies that don't have subtitles, and some combat dialogue.

Although with combat stuff, anything substantial is subbed, so it probably wouldn't be as bad as #FE was.

It sounds like a bunch of little stuff, but put together it seems like a lot was overlooked. Kind of surprising that Yakuza 0 (another Sega game) has a more complete subtitling than a game with a much bigger budget. Maybe because Y0 doesn't have an English dub and the JP audio for P5 was given to us as a bonus.

Mediking

Anyone who played TMS#FE should have known this would have been the situation with the japanese audio track. Glad to hear it's not quite as bad, but still.

Love TMS#FE but not being able to understand what characters are even saying during battle moments or other stuff. It's a turn off.

I think I may have to avoid the OT, at least until I finish the game. Every time I pop in there I see minor spoilers.

Welcome to an ACTUAL safe haven.... the Persona community :D Lol

Setsu00

It sounds like a bunch of little stuff, but put together it seems like a lot was overlooked. Kind of surprising that Yakuza 0 (another Sega game) has a more complete subtitling than a game with a much bigger budget. Maybe because Y0 doesn't have an English dub and the JP audio for P5 was given to us as a bonus.

I think it's because these things don't have subtitles in the Japanese version either and Atlus USA doesn't do any programming work IIRC.

Yeah, there's a LOT of incidentals, and listening to the dub there's a bunch of stuff I didn't notice at all. I mean, if you really don't give a crap about background noise, you'll be fine.

Dantis

Three hours in. Very much enjoying.

There are some things that bother me still, but they can come another time. For now, best game.

Ryuji's actor kills it, and Morgana is much better than I had expected.

Steelbook arrived! I wish the art was less busy, but it's better than the standard US cover.

I think it's because these things don't have subtitles in the Japanese version either and Atlus USA doesn't do any programming work IIRC.

That seems plausible.

Does anyone know how big the JP audio download is?

I live the steelbook art btw. Along with the P4D special edition, it's the best Persona cover art by a mile.

Yeah that one is cool. I like the original (non-FES) Persona 3 cover, though even that's a bit busy. Remember that one, back in the days when we got a hardcover art book and a soundtrack CD for free? 😬

For anyone who isn't keeping up with the OT:

Someone has made an account that will auto-tweet P5 spoilers at anyone who mentions the game. The account name is a spoiler as well so I won't provide the @ to be absolutely safe.

Dantis

This is such a bizarre experience for me. Seems like there was a lot I was right about and a lot I was wrong about. I have like this incredibly broad, vague understanding of where the narrative goes, but no specificity.

There are moments when I'm saying "AHA! I WAS RIGHT!!" as well as moments where I'm saying "Oh. Oh I see. Guess I was wrong.".

Also, for a last gen, mid-budget (at best!) game, it really does look lovely. Soejima is a really great art director.

DNAbro

This is such a bizarre experience for me. Seems like there was a lot I was right about and a lot I was wrong about. I have like this incredibly broad, vague understanding of where the narrative goes, but no specificity.

There are moments when I'm saying "AHA! I WAS RIGHT!!" as well as moments where I'm saying "Oh. Oh I see. Guess I was wrong.".

Also, for a last gen, mid-budget (at best!) game, it really does look lovely. Soejima is a really great art director.

This is hilarious. I'm super curious how you will feel at the end.

Tamanon

Banned
At the Durham Amazon facility. I'll be playing after work tomorrow, for way too long.

Already apologized to my wife for any neglect this week, lol.

At the Durham Amazon facility. I'll be playing after work tomorrow, for way too long.

Already apologized to my wife for any neglect this week, lol.

In the same boat. Won't be playing till like 7pm PST tomorrow. I've been telling my girlfriend for weeks to expect to basically not interact with me for an extended period of time hahahaha.

I don't tweet about games usually, but I set up a mute filter in my Twitter client to block all mentions of Persona in my timeline. Can't be too careful these days.

Top Bottom