• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boston Bombing Support Ribbon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

So a GAFer suggested I make another thread because the bombing thread is moving REALLY fast, and I made this for GAF, and the internet in general:

RXMS8f9.png

I've added it to my avatar, and I'd like to use this thread for those who would like to show support for this crisis in the USA.

I'll be modding your avatars by request for hours on end, as long as necessary, with little breaks for food and water to show my support for Boston and the victims in this tragedy.

I made it specifically Hope For Boston to be belief neutral, so all walks of life can show support.

Bless you. And the best of luck to all the victims.

It is weird and maybe totally wrong to say but don"t feel attacked. At times like this i always feel more connected to people over the world..

OP is trying to deal with his/her feelings towards the attack. If putting a ribbon on their avatar helps them feel like they're helping the victims then go for it. Theres not much any of us can do to offer real support right now.

"with little breaks for food and water"

uhh.. isn't this a little much for some light photoshop work? And with the provided image, people can manage it themselves, especially if it means it you'll be depriving yourself of food while doing it?

equap

Banned
Same way the Gaborn and Scorcho ribbons provided "support", I guess. Which is to say it's just a gesture that some people choose to express. Seems fairly straightforward.
Not really.

Shit happening in Boston is terrible but this is just pointless.

Ashodin

Same way the Gaborn and Scorcho ribbons provided "support", I guess. Which is to say it's just a gesture that some people choose to express. Seems fairly straightforward.

Exactly. It provides awareness and lets other people know that they show support for the people involved in the crisis, not directly, but in thoughts.

uhh.. isn't this a little much for some light photoshop work? And with the provided image, people can manage it themselves, especially if it means it you can't get access to food while doing it?

Well if people want to do it themselves, awesome, but I want to help out and get people their avatars efficiently as possible.

Ashodin

I don't think OP asked for opinions - if you don't want a ribbon, why open the thread? Isn't threadshitting bannable?

All I want to do is help GAFers who can't change their avatar as easily or add a ribbon to their avatar as easily do that. I want to provide a service so those who want to show support can do so. I would offer my services in the original thread, but it's moving WAY too fast for me to keep up requests.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Not really.

Jesus Christ, people show compassion and you denounce it as pointless. what the hell,... just let people deal with such a horrible situation in whichever way they see fit.

If people feel better wearing a ribbon showing their support to the families, then that's great end of story.

highrider

Banned
Not really.

Maybe, but sometimes you can feel empathy for others and can't necessarily help in a tangible way. It's a way to show you care, and that isn't pointless.

How about, for every person that changes their avatar to this ribbon, Evilore donates $10 from his megabucks bank account to some foundation that springs up in response to this event?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom