• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria pops up in Steam database

jfoul

I figured Japanese developers would eventually start releasing more games on PC since the consoles are x86. Glad it see this become a reality.

koutoru

I was actually thinking about waiting for an eventual PS4 version, but I would definitely go in favor for a PC version.

Shouta

If they can fix the performance of the game with a PC release, that would be tremendous. It won't fix the other stuff but performance is HUGE.

Falk

that puzzling face
Nevah!

I've seen the impossible happen too often not to believe!

image.php

Aeana

If they can fix the performance of the game with a PC release, that would be tremendous. It won't fix the other stuff but performance is HUGE.

I was just reminded about the broken AI, so I hope they fix that. I nearly forgot about it. It's a good opportunity to address it!

Kenai

I figured Japanese developers would eventually start releasing more games on PC since the consoles are x86. Glad it see this become a reality.

Yea, that was my thought too. I hope that if they do release it that it does well and opens the door for me. There's likely a lot of money to be made in porting more of the series' backlog over to PC.

jmga

That doesn't contradict what I'm saying. Free on Demand subs aren't generated without the app being flagged as free, but obviously ToZ isn't F2P, ergo somebody is trying to "troll" or a mistake was made: either somebody got the name wrong or -- and as I said, this is the most likely case -- the app was mistakenly flagged as free when it was uploaded. I'd expect the sub to change/be replaced in the future.

I mean is not strange for a game to be flagged as free. Same happened to NUNS4 and is a confirmed paid game.

Aeana

How broken is it?

The AI settings don't result in the characters doing what you'd think. Which leads me to believe that they just hooked up the AI settings to the wrong options in the menu or something. I mean, hopefully it's that simple. AI is not something that Tales Studio is new to and it's never been broken like this before.

Shouta

I was just reminded about the broken AI, so I hope they fix that. I nearly forgot about it. It's a good opportunity to address it!

AI isn't too bad at least when you toggle their defensive options to be more frequent. If anything, my issue is with general balancing and how it makes the AI annoying to deal with . The AI isn't that bad when the balancing isn't nuts, lol

Yea, that was my thought too. I hope that if they do release it that it does well and opens the door for me. There's likely a lot of money to be made in porting more of the series' backlog over to PC.

The doors are opening. Japanese support for PC is taking off big time right now thankfully :)

FSLink

Banned
They can play it in english if they get CFWed ps3s and wait for whenever that translation patch comes out, unless they wanted a dub or usa retailed copy in which case you're right.

Well looking at Symphonia PS3, the newly dubbed stuff was pretty awful so I'm not sure I trust the localization team to get it right if a Vesperia PS3 port did come out.

Just wait for the translation patch, it's coming soon.

sensui-tomo

Well looking at Symphonia PS3, the newly dubbed stuff was pretty awful so I'm not sure I trust the localization team to get it right if a Vesperia PS3 port did come out.

Just wait for the translation patch, it's coming soon.

Vesperia's dub wasnt bad, hell it had troy baker as the lead man.

Shepard

Nice, the more japanese devs on the steam-train, the merrier. Also, hope this opens the way for Vesperia on PC, always wanted to try that game.

Is it a guarantee that it will come to Steam?

Wasn't Halo 2 and 3 added but yet not available there?

I wanna know before I buy the PS3/4 version. Don't wanna drop money on a console version when it could come months later on PC

Jathaine

Now Alicia can be used all the time.

There's rumors of an "Asch Glitch" type situation anyway, so even if this doesn't pan out... those MUH ALISHA people might still be pleased.

I wanna know before I buy the PS3/4 version. Don't wanna drop money on a console version when it could come months later on PC

There's no guarantee at all. Lots of games make it into the Steam db and never get a port.

I wanna know before I buy the PS3/4 version.

there is a high chance of it happening. namco has been way into pc lately.

The halo steam entries came out around the same time as like 20 other leaked games, all of which popped up over time except for Halo. I assume the halo on steam plans were axed at some point.

Awesome! Tales of Zestiria is mostly great (it's certainly way better than Xillia), but a PC port could fix a lot of the bigger issues with the game.

Pooya

cool, not holding my breath for any notable visual upgrade though, beside res etc. The game looked too flat.

There's rumors of an "Asch Glitch" type situation anyway, so even if this doesn't pan out... those MUH ALISHA people might still be pleased.

There's no guarantee at all. Lots of games make it into the Steam db and never get a port.

Wait what? Really? Why would it show up then?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
OMFG YES! If there's anywhere I'd buy most Tales games, it's in a Steam sale. I'd love to play them on my PC.

DMiz

Really didn't see this coming. Hope the sales are semi-decent so that we can see more Japanese RPGs ending up on Steam. Certainly wouldn't help my backlog, but it would go a long way to help smaller companies get some exposure.

Top Bottom