• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - October 2016

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
plz put gcn titles on switch virtual console k thx

Guess we gotta wait for a Halloween-based sale next week.

A necessary evil to have the detachable controllers function individually, I suppose. We will always have the Pro controller, and maybe even a Classic controller.

That's what the Switch Pro Controller is for then. (so far)

True... but ehhh, that kills the convenance.
Imagine playing whilst lying down when you have to prop the screen and handle a separate controller.
I still want to hold the unit as if it were a handheld, carrying separate controls would get me an accurate D-Pad but it's way less practical.

Chances are there's gonna be an attachment with a proper D-Pad.

I would love system-specific attachments.
NES Joy-Cons with the original D-Pad and B and A, an N64 Joy-Con with the four C buttons, etc.
It would be amazing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, I'm REALLY in the mood for some Picross, or at the very least some kind of puzzle game, but Picross e7 isn't out yet.....

As someone who owns all the Picross-related content that is playable on DS & 3DS (e series, Picross DS, 3D & its sequel, & Mario's Picross on the VC), what's a good, possibly cheap puzzle game I could play on my 3DS, or if there's not much left on 3DS, my Wii U? I heard there was some Picross game on Wii U, but didn't hear good things about it (think something with the controls).

I completed both Tappingo games on 3DS, which were a little on the easy side, but still fun. I have every game in the Pushmo series. Maybe I should go back to Puyo Puyo Tetris that I imported. I absolutely do not like Dr. Mario.

Hilarion

Question: theoretically, if Nintendo wanted to put one of the Factor 5 Star Wars games onto the VC, who would they talk to? Disney? EA? Who owns, say, Rogue Squadron now?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I would assume Disney, as the first one on N64 was published by LucasArts & were the publishers for the sequels on GCN.

In fact, the first game is on Steam (though it's the PC port, not the 64 version despite being the same publisher) & lists both LucasArts & Disney as the publishers.

foltzie1

Question: theoretically, if Nintendo wanted to put one of the Factor 5 Star Wars games onto the VC, who would they talk to? Disney? EA? Who owns, say, Rogue Squadron now?

They would need to talk to whomever owned the software code and whomever holds the license for the IP used in the game.

So whomever owns the Factor 5 IP (which seems to be Eggebrecht, Engel and Schmidt) and of course Disney.

n64coder

Man, I'm REALLY in the mood for some Picross, or at the very least some kind of puzzle game, but Picross e7 isn't out yet.....

As someone who owns all the Picross-related content that is playable on DS & 3DS (e series, Picross DS, 3D & its sequel, & Mario's Picross on the VC), what's a good, possibly cheap puzzle game I could play on my 3DS, or if there's not much left on 3DS, my Wii U? I heard there was some Picross game on Wii U, but didn't hear good things about it (think something with the controls).

Wow, I admire your enthusiasm for Picross. I'm a big fan but I have to admit that I'm a little burned out on the game. I haven't finished e6 or the Pokemon version. Probably about 2/3 done with both of them. You didn't mention Pokemon version. Have you done that one yet?

I'm slowly playing the Picross 3D round 2 and am enjoying it since it's different from the e series and it's challenging with the two colors.

Have you thought playing them on iOS or Android? I think a bunch of Picross like games exist there? Other 3DS puzzle games are Kami and Nurikabe. I have them but have no idea if they're good or not. Another suggestion might be the Mario & Donkey Kong Minis games.

They would need to talk to whomever owned the software code and whomever holds the license for the IP used in the game.

So whomever owns the Factor 5 IP (which seems to be Eggebrecht, Engel and Schmidt) and of course Disney.

Someone said in another thread the other day that Disney bought the games in a bankruptcy auction but no idea if that's true

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I played & 100%'d Pokecross (though not the Mega Puzzles, never been a fan of those) and got that TPicross from Club Nintendo as well. Wish they'd localize the older Club Nintendo Picross that Japan got that was Nintendo-themed.

There's also PixlCross on Wii U
That's the one I heard about on Wii U, but then I heard something about the controls that kind of turned me off. Maybe it was no button controls, since I prefer buttons over touch (though for 3D, it's fine) due to less mistake making & I feel like I can go faster with buttons for some reason.

I think Picross has been so enjoyable because it's a good difficulty curve while still getting a sense of satisfaction of completing puzzles & seeing what it is you made. There come times where I feel like I want to play something to keep my mind "sharp", so this fills the quota nicely.

foltzie1

Someone said in another thread the other day that Disney bought the games in a bankruptcy auction but no idea if that's true

I would love to see a source on that. It isn't impossible, but Factor 5 went bankrupt before Lucasfilm was sold to Disney.

The order doesn't make sense.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm surprised by this. I prefer the mega puzzles as they're more interesting and challenging. What do you not like about them?
They're not too bad when it's 10x10 because I can sort of figure it out, but 15x15, it's a little too difficult for me. I feel like I can't make the same logical connections, but it could also be due to the fact I'm just not used to them. It also doesn't help it's literally the same puzzles but just described in a different way.

I did do them all in the e series, though. I just didn't have that same satisfaction.

DKoops

Neo Member
Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Just Dance 2017 (Ubisoft, available October 28) - €49.99/£39.99
Just Dance Unlimited - 24 hours access (Ubisoft, ticket) - €3.99/£3.29
Just Dance Unlimited - 1 month access (Ubisoft, ticket) - €4.99/£4.00
Just Dance Unlimited - 3 month access (Ubisoft, ticket) - €9.99/£7.99
Just Dance Unlimited - 1 year access (Ubisoft, ticket) - €29.99/£25.00

Dance your heart out to the worldwide hit “Sorry” by Justin Bieber. Just Dance 2017 is more fun & easier to play than ever! No camera needed, simply download the free Just Dance Controller App to your smartphone and you are ready to dance!

Permanent Bonus: Get 90 days access to Just Dance Unlimited from within the game with purchase of Just Dance 2017.

Mr. Pumpkin Adventure (Circle Ent.) - €3.99/£3.99
In search of memory to find the truth of the world! The protagonist of the game-Mr.Pumpkin adventures in the strange vegetable kingdom only to find his memory.

Solitaire (Sanuk Games) - €4.99/£4.49
The card game that everyone loves. Rediscover the classic card game, finally in a digital version that everyone can play! Arrange the cards from Ace to King in the 3 most popular game modes and spend an enjoyable moment indulging in your favourite pastime. A classic brain-teaser in which you will need all your concentration to earn as many points as possible. Only those making the fewest moves will have their names inscribed at the top of the international rankings.

Runbow - Shantae (13AM Games, Add-on Content available October 24) - Free

Minecraft: Wii U Edition: Battle Map Pack 4 (Mojang, Add-on Content available October 26) - €2.99/£2.39
Minecraft: Wii U Edition: Campfire Skin Pack (Mojang, Add-on Content available October 26) - €1.99/£1.59
Minecraft: Wii U Edition: Halloween Battle Map (Mojang, Add-on Content available October 26) - €1.99/£1.59
Minecraft: Wii U Edition: Spooky Bundle (Mojang, Add-on Content available October 26) - €6.99/£5.59

Includes Halloween 2015 Mash-up Pack, Camp Fire Tales Skin Pack and Halloween Battle Map.
Minecraft: Wii U Edition: Builder's Pack (Mojang, Add-on Content available October 26) - €16.99/£12.79
Includes Biome Settlers Skin Pack 1, Candy Texture Pack, Cartoon Texture Pack, Pattern Texture Pack, Plastic Texture Pack and Greek Mythology Mash-up.

Spooky Halloween Deals
Available until November 3

3Souls (Red Column) - €2.50/£2.20 (normally €3.60/£3.20)
Zombie Defense (Teyon) - €3.99/£3.56 (normally €7.99/£7.19)

Special offers
Discovery (Noowanda) - €4.89/£4.19 (Ends November 24, normally €6.99/£5.99)
Double Breakout (nuGAME) - €5.00/£4.50 (Ends November 24, normally €7.00/£6.00)
Family Tennis SP (Shin'en Multimedia) - €3.74/£2.99 (Ends November 17, normally €4.99/£3.99)
Word Puzzles by POWGI (Lightwood Games) - €6.99/£6.29 (Ends November 3, normally €8.99/£7.99)
99 Moves (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49/£1.37 (Ends November 24, normally €2.49/£2.29)
Abyss (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49/£1.34 (Ends November 24, normally €1.99/£1.79)
Rock 'N Racing Of Road DX (EnjoyUp Games) - €4.95/£4.46 (Ends November 24, normally €7.99/£7.19)
Defend Your Crypt (Ratalaika Games) - €2.54/£2.29 (Ends November 3, normally €2.99/£2.69)
Blasting Agent: Ultimate Edition (Ratalaika Games) - €2.54/£2.29 (Ends November 3, normally €2.99/£2.69)
TITANS TOWER (RCMADIAX) - €1.00/£0.93 (Ends November 10, normally €1.49/£1.39)
TAP TAP ARCADE 2 (RCMADIAX) - €2.00/£1.80 (Ends November 10, normally €2.99/£2.69)
JACKPOT 777 (RCMADIAX) - €1.00/£0.93 (Ends November 10, normally €1.49/£1.39)
PANDA LOVE (RCMADIAX) - €1.00/£0.93 (Ends November 10, normally €1.49/£1.39)
SHOOTY SPACE (RCMADIAX) - €2.00/£1.80 (Ends November 10, normally €2.99/£2.69)
TOUCH SELECTIONS (RCMADIAX) - €2.00/£1.80 (Ends November 10, normally €2.99/£2.69)

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Gurumin 3D: A Monstrous Adventure (Mastiff) - €14.99/£14.99

A fun, colorful, and fast-paced Action-RPG from legendary Japanese developer Nihon Falcom, Gurumin 3D: A Monstrous Adventure follows Parin, a strong-willed girl sent to live with her grandfather in a small mining town. She is quickly drawn into a battle between the monsters and Phantoms, evil fiends that want to destroy the monsters and cover the world in Dark Mist.

Bonus Code: Get a free Gurumin theme for every purchase of Gurumin 3D: A Monstrous Adventure.

Corpse Party (XSEED Games, available October 26) - €29.99/£24.99
Kisaragi Academy student Mayu Suzumoto is transferring to a new high school, leaving behind a sizable group of friends and countless lovely memories. To help her cope with this move, her friend Ayumi has devised a seemingly innocent plan: the whole group will come together to perform a charm she found on the internet called “Sachiko Ever After,” which is supposed to bind all of its participants together as friends to the end. This does not go as expected.

DISNEY 2-PACK FROZEN - BIG HERO 6 COMBO (GameMill) - €29.99/£19.99
Every day is a snow day with Disney Frozen: Olaf's Quest, the new, puzzle platformer video game based on the upcoming animated movie of the same name from Walt Disney Animation Studios and Walt Disney Pictures!

Following on the heels of their super hero debut, the Big Hero 6 team has targeted a dangerous gangster named Yama and his legion of out of control fighting robots!

Fairune 2 (CIRCLE Ent.) - €6.99/£6.89
Fairune 2 is a fantasy puzzle-solving adventure RPG. Which has you explore the map by solving puzzles, tricks and beating monsters. In this adventure, you encounter the wonderful girl that may lead you to the truth of the world.

Spooky Halloween Deals
Available until November 3

The Legend of Dark Witch 2 (CIRCLE Ent.) - €4.99/£4.99 (normally €6.99/£6.99)
Witch & Hero (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.99 (normally €3.99/£3.99)
Zombie Incident (Coderchild) - €1.49/£1.49 (normally €1.99/£1.99)

Special offers
Darts Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49/£1.34 (Ends November 24, normally €2.99/£2.69)
Football Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.97/£1.56 (Ends November 24, normally €2.99/£2.36)
Blasting Agent: Ultimate Edition (Ratalaika Games) - €2.54/£2.29 (Ends November 3, normally €2.99/£2.69)
Defend Your Crypt (Ratalaika Games) - €2.54/£2.29 (Ends November 3, normally €2.99/£2.69)
Word Puzzles by POWGI (Lightwood Games) - €6.99/£6.29 (Ends November 3, normally €8.99/£7.99)
GLORY OF GENERALS (CIRCLE Ent.) - €3.99/£3.59 (Ends November 10, normally €6.99/£6.09)
Mercenaries Saga 2 (CIRCLE Ent.) - €3.99/£2.99 (Ends November 10, normally €4.99/£2.40)
Samurai Defender (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.99 (Ends November 10, normally €2.99/£2.99)
Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D Download Version (Zordix AB) - €4.99/£4.99 (Ends November 3, normally €9.99/£8.99)

Nintendo eShop (New 3DS)

Box Up (RCMADIAX) - €1.49/£1.39

Can you BOX UP? Guide the box up the screen without hitting any of the platforms. Levels are randomly generated to add an extra challenge. How high of a score can you obtain? Easy pick up and play action for all ages. Try BOX UP today!

Special offers
BRICK RACE (RCMADIAX) - €1.00/£0.93 (Ends November 10, normally €1.49/£1.39)

Nintendo 3DS Theme Shop
All themes are available on October 28

Pokémon: A Sinister Organisation - Team Rocket (Nintendo) - €1.99/£1.79
This theme features artwork of Giovanni and his underlings by Hitoshi Ariga. Scroll the Touch Screen to see the Grunts move.

Pokémon: A Sinister Organisation - Team Galactic (Nintendo) - €1.99/£1.79
This theme features artwork of Cyrus and his underlings by Hitoshi Ariga. Scroll the Touch Screen to see the Grunts move

Mario's Halloween (Nintendo) - €1.99/£1.79
Scroll through characters in spooky fancy dress and use Mario pumpkin folders. Hear Boo cackle when waking from Sleep Mode.

Sonic series: 25th Anniversary Theme (SEGA) - Free
Special Theme for 25th Anniversary with three different Sonic models.

Sonic series: Classic Style (SEGA) - €1.99/£1.79
Themed on Classic Sonic in the early days.

Sonic series: Boom Style (SEGA) - €1.99/£1.79
Theme of the latest Sonic series; “Sonic Boom”

Sonic series: Sonic Style (SEGA) - €1.99/£1.79
Themed on our well-known blue hedgehog, Sonic.

Sonic Bundle #2 (SEGA) - €4.99/£4.49
A set of three Sonic themes: Sonic series: Boom Style, Sonic series: Sonic Style, Sonic series: Classic Style

Shaun the Sheep Timmy (Aardman Animations) - €1.99/£1.79
Brighten up the HOME Menu of your Nintendo 3DS or 2DS system with the mischievous Timmy!

Shaun the Sheep (Aardman Animations) - €1.99/£1.79
Brighten up the HOME Menu of your Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 2DS system with Shaun the Sheep!

Gurumin Heroes Theme (Mastiff) - €1.39/£1.19
Watch shadows dance as you scroll.

Gurumin Monster Pals Theme (Mastiff) - €1.39/£1.19
Play at night with Parin's monster pals.

Gurumin Night Parade Theme (Mastiff) - €1.39/£1.19
Scroll to see the beautiful night sky.

Gurumin Orange Twist Theme (Mastiff) - €1.39/£1.19
Orange swirls pan across the screen.

Gurumin Monster Bundle (Mastiff) - €3.49/£3.49
Bundle includes 4 Gurumin Themes: Gurumin Heroes, Gurumin Monster Pals, Gurumin Night Parade, Gurumin Orange Twist.

Magic HalloWinx (Rainbow) - €1.99/£1.79
The Winx are ready to celebrate HalloWinx with their fairylicious costumes!

Hello Kitty Halloween (Sanrio) - €0.99/£0.89
Hello Kitty wears a witch costume for Halloween.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No VC for EU this week?

............OH GOD VC'S DEAD, we're gonna have to wait for Switch for VC titles again, & the process will begin all over again. We're gonna be begging "when's Super Mario RPG hitting Switch VC?"

L~A

Ok, this is pretty important (for me at least). As you all know, NoA stopped listing sales in their weekly PR.

Is there anyone (not necessarily one person) who could take the time, every week, to check out the Wii U / 3DS eShop, in order to list the sales?

The Nintendo eShop sales page on my website (not linking, since pretty sure it's against ToS) really needs it. Oh, it wouldn't have to be right after the eShop has updated, but within the day would be nice. Obviously, I'm not asking the sales are sent via PM or anything. In fact, I'd rather they be shared on this thread as usual, so that anyone can check them out here.

I don't have a NA Wii U / 3DS, so I can't check myself. And Nintendo's website doesn't indicate when a sales end, so... no choice but to ask someone.

I would really appreciate the help ^^

PtM

Banned
Ok, this is pretty important (for me at least). As you all know, NoA stopped listing sales in their weekly PR.

Is there anyone (not necessarily one person) who could take the time, every week, to check out the Wii U / 3DS eShop, in order to list the sales?

The Nintendo eShop sales page on my website (not linking, since pretty sure it's against ToS) really needs it. Oh, it wouldn't have to be right after the eShop has updated, but within the day would be nice. Obviously, I'm not asking the sales are sent via PM or anything. In fact, I'd rather they be shared on this thread as usual, so that anyone can check them out here.

I don't have a NA Wii U / 3DS, so I can't check myself. And Nintendo's website doesn't indicate when a sales end, so... no choice but to ask someone.

I would really appreciate the help ^^
But isn't there a dedicated sales page on Nintendo.com?

Link_enfant

No VC for EU this week?

............OH GOD VC'S DEAD, we're gonna have to wait for Switch for VC titles again, & the process will begin all over again. We're gonna be begging "when's Super Mario RPG hitting Switch VC?"

I think (and hope) we'll get Castlevania Dracula X on the New 3DS SNES VC, but I don't see other SNES titles coming there. Since Japan got Panel De Pon, maybe we'll get Tetris Attack and that's it?
It seems we won't get anything from Square Enix, I'd love to play Secret of Mana on a handheld...
Also Pokémon G/S/C would be awesome but I guess we won't have those until Switch VC, if ever.
That's too bad.

maxcriden

Wonder if that Halloween Mario theme even compared to the X-Mas one we've been using for nearly two years now....

Tolkir, I don't think I got to thank you yet for this month's thread and all the work you do. Thank you!

Ondore

Dementium Remastered will be 50% off starting with tomorrow's update per Jools Watsham.

He also mentioned that there's a system now for devs to put stuff on sale that works pretty much instantaneously, which may explain why NOA can't list sales anymore. (Europe has a couple of weeks of lead time.)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Dementium Remastered will be 50% off starting with tomorrow's update per Jools Watsham.

He also mentioned that there's a system now for devs to put stuff on sale that works pretty much instantaneously, which may explain why NOA can't list sales anymore. (Europe has a couple of weeks of lead time.)

Oooh...First I'm hearing about this. I have the first 2 and love the crap out of them (despite their numerous flaws).

TheMoon

Oooh...First I'm hearing about this. I have the first 2 and love the crap out of them (despite their numerous flaws).

Because Jools only just announced it a few hours ago on twitter. :)

Same sale comes to EU Nov 10. He tried setting it up to be simultaneous but missed NOE's weird cut-off deadline.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Interesting. Wonder what the 3DS VC title will be.

Was Lost in Shadow worth playing? I remember having some interest in it back in the day, but couldn't find a copy & heard mixed reactions to it.

TheMoon

Interesting. Wonder what the 3DS VC title will be.

Was Lost in Shadow worth playing? I remember having some interest in it back in the day, but couldn't find a copy & heard mixed reactions to it.

Yes. Only criticism I ever hear is that it's too long.

Ondore

New Pokemon stuff caused a delay... here's the NA PR.
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
Just Dance 2017 – Just Dance 2017 is more fun and easier to play than ever. Shake your hips and wave your hands with the Just Dance Controller App – if you have a smart phone, you don’t need an extra Wii Remote controller! Get ready for amazing visuals and awesome dance moves that will ignite your house, pulling friends and families off the couch and into a music experience like never before. Give the demo a try today for free.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
Corpse Party – The indie horror classic that spawned a franchise comes to the Nintendo 3DS system with exclusive new features, including four additional Extra Chapters (bringing the total to 14), redrawn high-resolution character sprites, new musical arrangements and 3D art stills.

Wii Retail on Wii U
Lost in Shadow – When a boy becomes separated from his shadow, he must journey along with a sylph named Spangle to unlock the mysteries across the land. Battle and find aid among the shadows as you manipulate light and traverse this alternate land, where even gravity isn’t a factor.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
Great deals this week include Year Walk (Wii U), Paper Monsters Recut (Wii U) and Resident Evil Revelations (Nintendo 3DS), plus several more! Check out the full list of deals for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Activities:

National StreetPass Weekend: Halloween Edition – Are you ready for Halloween? This year, skip the tricks and head straight to the treats with National StreetPass Weekend: Halloween Edition. Stop by any of the more than 29,000 Nintendo Zone hotspots across North America with your Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 2DS system from Oct. 28 through Oct. 31 and you could collect up to six StreetPass tags from across North America. In addition to your StreetPass Mii Plaza games, with the software and the StreetPass feature enabled, you can also take advantage of the cool StreetPass features in many popular games, including Disney Magical World 2, YO-KAI WATCH 2: Bony Spirits, YO-KAI WATCH 2: Fleshy Souls, Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past, Monster Hunter Generations and Shovel Knight, among others.

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:
Mario’s Halloween

Also new this week:

BOX UP (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Butterfly: Inchworm Animation II (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Pixelmaker (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Demonic Karma Summoner (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Ectoplaza (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Solitaire (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

donny2112

Mario Halloween theme but no sales. :/

Also just want to state that I'd buy Classic Games Overload for $10, if it ever went down to that, but since the base price is $30, they only ever go down to $15. They need to cut that base price down to $20 after 4 years. I have it on GBA, and I recall the Spades AI actually being pretty good, so that'd be worth $10 to me, just for that. Come on, Telegames!

Top Bottom