• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think the "good news" about FF XV will be at Gamescom?

LordKasual

Banned
1) PC version

2) "International Version / Final Mix / Zodiac Age" style reworking of the main campaign

3) Another game-wide update that addresses story concerns, similar to the Ch.13 alterations.

Either would be more than enough for me.

But considering how extreme the features shown in the PC demo reels are, if the announcement IS a PC version, it's definitely going to be #2 as well

Cartho

people asking for a switch version, this is FFXV, not FFV

game already struggles a lot to be playable on X1

Do you actually think people are seriously suggesting a Switch port? It's just a bit of fun, calm down! Also, Switch could run a hell of a lot more than FFV.....

Neiteio

If Nintendo were porting FFXV to Switch, I think they could get it done. Imagine what BotW would look like if it didn't have to account for a massive physics engine consuming resources. Heck, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe looks better in motion than most of my PS4 games.

But yeah, I don't trust S-E to competently do it, given that they struggled on systems with more raw power. I really want it, though. It'd be so convenient!

Cartho

If Nintendo were porting FFXV to Switch, I think they could get it done. Imagine what BotW would look like if it didn't have to account for a massive physics engine consuming resources. Heck, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe looks better in motion than most of my PS4 games.

But yeah, I don't trust S-E to competently do it, given that they struggled on systems with more raw power. I really want it, though. It'd be so convenient!

Agreed. FFXV COULD be made to run on Switch but I suspect it would require a huge amount of work to the engine. Work which likely just wouldn't be worth the effort honestly.

Keinning

Agreed. FFXV COULD be made to run on Switch but I suspect it would require a huge amount of work to the engine. Work which likely just wouldn't be worth the effort honestly.

Anything can be ported to anything with a serious amount of work on it. The scenario is too unlikely to even be worth considering. Squeenix hasnt fixed console JC3 to this day, they don't like doing huge amounts of work

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
1. New garbage DLC and patches no one wants, but you can't polish a turd.

2. PC port.

3. Mobile reimagining of the game using different assets but telling the same story, $19.99-29.99 with extensive in-app purchases.

LordKasual

Banned

It would look like horseshit. BotW's visuals are very deliberately designed to hide the shortcomings of the visuals.

XV is the same way, except its visuals rest on far more expensive rendering (just look at the old gamescom "Master Version" build.) if the Switch sometimes struggles to render Breath of the Wild, it has no chance of rendering FFXV without massive visual downgrades, and even that probably wouldn't be enough.

So yeah, Switch FFXV is a pipe dream.

Unless square can work whatever black magic they did to get the final version running the way it did from the Gamecom one.

1. New garbage DLC and patches no one wants, but you can't polish a turd.

2. PC port with terrible optimization and loads of DRM

3. Mobile reimagining of the game using different assets but telling the same story, $19.99-29.99 with extensive in-app purchases.

noticed a theme, so i fixed for u

Asd202

The thing about FFXV. It seems SE is constatnly upgrading the engine and the game for stronger systems (PC and Scorpio) rather than downgrading it for Switch.

OrionX

Episode Lunafreya - Fans will finally experience Luna's side of the story as she travels to
find the perfect wedding dress.
:D

Neiteio

It would look like horseshit. BotW's visuals are very deliberately designed to hide the shortcomings of the visuals.

XV is the same way, except its visuals rest on far more expensive rendering (just look at the old gamescom "Master Version" build.) if the Switch sometimes struggles to render Breath of the Wild, it has no chance of rendering FFXV without massive visual downgrades, and even that probably wouldn't be enough.

So yeah, Switch FFXV is a pipe dream.

Unless square can work whatever black magic they did to get the final version running the way it did from the Gamecom one.
Remember, though, BotW had to be made to run on WiiU, as well. A ground-up port of FFXV could fully leverage the Switch. I'm not saying it'd be easy and I'm not saying there wouldn't be some compromises, but I do think it'd be possible.

Zutrax

It's most likely PC version, which would be awesome.

But what I most hope for is a "reworked" edition of the game where they implement more cutscenes, re-do some of the more rushed things like the entire Leviathan fight, replace Chapter 13 with the optional version of it, string in the DLC side stories, seemlessly implement snippets of the necessary Kingsglaive material throughout the first chapter, etc. Basically polish and flesh out the story more. This game feels so close to being an incredible Final Fantasy story, it's a great video game to play, and has glimmers of fantastic story moments throughout, but it lacks finish and polish in a ton of spots and obviously was hindered from it's odd development. This could be one of the best Final Fantasy games with a definitive reworking of the game, I'd gladly replay it.

Neiteio

But what I most hope for is a "reworked" edition of the game where they implement more cutscenes, re-do some of the more rushed things like the entire Leviathan fight, replace Chapter 13 with the optional version of it, string in the DLC side stories, seemlessly implement snippets of the necessary Kingsglaive material throughout the first chapter, etc. Basically polish and flesh out the story more. This game feels so close to being an incredible Final Fantasy story, it's an great video game to play, and has glimmers of fantastic story moments throughout, but it lacks finish and polish in a ton of spots and obviously was hindered from it's odd development. This could be one of the best Final Fantasy games with a definitive reworking of the game, I'd gladly replay it.
This would be great. A reworked edition could do wonders.

R3birthFl4me

Neo Member
A huge patch to fix some problems the game has :

- The camera ; Why am I still seing bushes blocking my view during fights, that shit should be fixed asap.

- Summoning system ; Let us summon whenever we want by sacrificing the party members and if you need to revive them after the summon make us use a lot of phoenix downs, like 10, so people do not keep abusing the summons.
Bahamut already has a animation for it's summoning in the final fight against Ifrit just adapt it to the open world.

- Fix the magic system; Let us save some of the magic we already created so that we don't need to keep creating the same shit twice. Let normal enemies give us more of the magic elements we need instead of forcing us to go to camps.

There a lot more things that need fixing like story and stuff, but I think some of the gameplay problems this game has could be fixed without any issues.

Neiteio

Perhaps they finally figured out an ending to the story that actually makes sense...
General consensus seems to be that the ending makes perfect sense and it's one of the stronger endings in the series. Maybe you were confused because the sound mixing was bad when Ardyn explained his motive in the penultimate chapter and it was hard to hear him?

Neiteio

Frinkiac-Futurama.jpg

It's probably just some more info on the multiplayer. Or something about more episodes after Ignis.

Or, and this is pretty farfetched, it's a year 2 plan of updates. Which wouldn't make much sense but there you go.

Either way I'm excited!
Whoa, I just noticed he has only four fingers. Are all of the human characters on Futurama/Simpsons like this??

Socivol

The news that they're gonna stop supporting this game and start moving on to new projects.

Sorry being salty about my disappointment over FF15. It's probably gonna be a PC version.

Part of the team already has moved on the the next project FYI

Director's Cut version for PC, PS4 and XBO

With 10 minutes of new cutscenes + season pass content + DLC starring Not-stella showing how stronk she is

So all the people that waited for the complete version can finally understand that they waited for nothing and the game is still mediocre.

Socivol

But what I most hope for is a "reworked" edition of the game where they implement more cutscenes, re-do some of the more rushed things like the entire Leviathan fight, replace Chapter 13 with the optional version of it, string in the DLC side stories, seemlessly implement snippets of the necessary Kingsglaive material throughout the first chapter, etc. Basically polish and flesh out the story more. This game feels so close to being an incredible Final Fantasy story, it's a great video game to play, and has glimmers of fantastic story moments throughout, but it lacks finish and polish in a ton of spots and obviously was hindered from it's odd development. This could be one of the best Final Fantasy games with a definitive reworking of the game, I'd gladly replay it.

Ugh one can only hope! This would be the best surprise they could throw my way.

Packy

General consensus seems to be that the ending makes perfect sense and it's one of the stronger endings in the series. Maybe you were confused because the sound mixing was bad when Ardyn explained his motive in the penultimate chapter and it was hard to hear him?

No, I heard Ardyn just fine. The ending up until then made sense and was beautifully tragic. I'm talking about the post credits scene. I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it, but even if it is purely fantasy or a "thank you for playing the game", it completely derails the intensity of the ending that came before it (on top of making no sense), and was a poor way to close out the game.

Socivol

No, I heard Ardyn just fine. The ending up until then made sense and was beautifully tragic. I'm talking about the post credits scene. I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it, but even if it is purely fantasy or a "thank you for playing the game", it completely derails the intensity of the ending that came before it (on top of making no sense), and was a poor way to close out the game.

That part made sense too
Luna and Noctis get married in the afterlife.
I think it fit the tone perfectly fine and actually "completes" your quest since the whole motivation for the road trip was
for Noctis to go marry Luna

I don't think you got it.

Noctis and Luna never reached each other in their life, but they were finally united by death. That moment was Noctis's "final fantasy". It's beautifully tragic symbolism.

Neiteio

Others have already explained it in this thread, but that's one of the best parts, even if it's a bit unearned emotionally since Noct and Luna weren't developed enough as a couple.

In essence,
they were separated in life but united in death — finally at peace after all their hardship and sacrifice.

I want the cutscenes that they promised, the story could benefit immensely if it was more concise and focused. More Luna and Ravus scenes, maybe some memories with Nocto and his dad, and so on. I'm daydreaming but let me roam in Tenebrae, it's so pretty to be wasted as a glorified background ://

Koozek

PC version, Definitive Edition, multiplayer details, and a new
Versus-branded
FFXV console project. Balee dat.

Packy

Others have already explained it in this thread, but that's one of the best parts, even if it's a bit unearned emotionally since Noct and Luna weren't developed enough as a couple.

In essence,
they were separated in life but united in death — finally at peace after all their hardship and sacrifice.

I think you nailed it when you said it is unearned, and that is probably the best way to sum up my primary frustration with it (among a few other points as well). I don't want to derail the main conversation any further though, for now it is perhaps best to agree to disagree.

Azubah

A guy at work is determined to believe that they're making an alternative ending that unlocks after a second play through like Type 0.

Exactly my thoughts.

Top Bottom