• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Gator86

Huh, I'm liking the titan changes. Once I get Ronin to G10, I'll go back and play Scorch again, that ADS sounds like a nice change.

Good to see a Devotion nerf, shame there's nothing for Hemlock. It's so close to being fine, just not enough damage drop off IMO.

The Nuclear Eject nerf is huge. I'll definitely be dropping it for Ronin now. Overcore sounds like it'll fill that hole neatly.

Glad to see this sentiment really. Honestly, I'm fine with it just being gone for the most part. It doesn't feel like a good fit for this game. Titans have fewer dashes, the ogres are impossibly slow, the maps are all narrow hallways, and there's too many obstacles with Reapers and little flair everywhere. It's always felt like cheap bullshit to me. It also mostly removed executions unless the person backs into one because why go for the execution when everyone runs nuke?

KRaZyAmmo

I wish they would buff the Volt again. I rarely see it used online. Also been trying to use other titans for when the Tone nerfs (which is needed) comes.

Naar

Clarification from RespawnCoronach on Reddit about the nuclear eject changes:

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5un9uf/full_patch_notes_for_live_fire_update/ddvf675/
So basically, you can still get your titan meter filled up a bit, but only if you actually kill the titans nearby. Simply damaging them does nothing for your meter. I like this change then!

Oh that's good to hear! I don't care about getting meter if I damage a titan, but not getting meter after killing one is kinda stupid.

Gator86

So.... many... Nuke Eject... assholes.

How the hell does Scorch and Legion survive this spam?

Legion main - see my post above. Fuck nuke. It's trash. It's fine for Atlas and lighter, but for the ogres, it's a goddamn irritation the entire game, especially now that no one runs anything else.

damn, tone is getting crushed. makes sense, she was way too strong.

i think the nuke eject nerf is in preparation of the approaching era of ronin.

Legion main - see my post above. Fuck nuke. It's trash. It's fine for Atlas and lighter, but for the ogres, it's a goddamn irritation the entire game, especially now that no one runs anything else.

It's even more confusing when it's Legion or Scorch using Nuke Eject, at least Ronin and Northstar can get away with it since they're mobile and can trap people into an effective radius.

Gator86

It's even more confusing when it's Legion or Scorch using Nuke Eject, at least Ronin and Northstar can get away with it since they're mobile and can trap people into an effective radius.

Yeah, I've seen a fair amount of Legions and Scorches running nuke lately. It's an awful choice for the most part. Sure, you'll catch some people off guard with it because they don't expect it, but you can't run those Titans effectively without a dash. You're just too immobile without it.

Izuna

Banned
Nuke damage/range itself isn't really being nerfed, so the complaints will be the same. What's being nerfed is the ability to get your Titan back. Squashing positive feedback loops is fine but it's not one that will make the game more fun for either the killer or killed. I suppose it's just so that it matches better with their balance.

I never liked Nuke giving the whole meter back anyway... but I didn't think it'd give 0.

This is one of those unrecoverable nerfs because regardless of its effects, no one will be vocal about it returning.

~~

deoee

Nuke damage/range itself isn't really being nerfed, so the complaints will be the same. What's being nerfed is the ability to get your Titan back. Squashing positive feedback loops is fine but it's not one that will make the game more fun for either the killer or killed. I suppose it's just so that it matches better with their balance.

I never liked Nuke giving the whole meter back anyway... but I didn't think it'd give 0.

This is one of those unrecoverable nerfs because regardless of its effects, no one will be vocal about it returning.

~~

Didn't someone clarify that you get a bit of meter back when you actually kill a Titan with your NE?

Naar

I would like to post some GIFs but what is a good GIF site to upload to that takes more than 10mb and longer than 15 seconds?

I'm surprised that the EVA-8's a good weapon in its own right, but people don't complain about it nearly on the same level as the Devotion, Hemlock or the pre-nerf Volt. It's a shotgun that can get consistent kills, that's something that always get ragged on in an FPS.

I would like to post some GIFs but what is a good GIF site to upload to that takes more than 10mb and longer than 15 seconds?

If you have Discord Nitro, then you can upload any kind of files that are larger than 8MB

But that's $50 a year, lul

Gator86

~~

Removing the meter gain on just damage will lower the frequency of quick titan returns which drops the value of the skill, hopefully pushing people to use it less. It's out of control on PS4 and has a negative effect on the game. There's nothing particularly skillful about it, especially given its absurd damage. People just charge at you and hope reapers or shitty map design slows you enough for the kill. It's never a Northstar hovering over a wall, dropping tether, then nuking or something clever like that. It's just dumb cheese that adds nothing to the game.

Calderc

I'm surprised that the EVA-8's a good weapon in its own right, but people don't complain about it nearly on the same level as the Devotion, Hemlock or the pre-nerf Volt. It's a shotgun that can get consistent kills, that's something that always get ragged on in an FPS.

If you get killed by an EVA, the person at least had to get up close you. High risk high reward. Hemlok and Devotion is sit back and spray. Low risk high reward.

Gator86

If you get killed by an EVA, the person at least had to get up close you. High risk high reward. Hemlok and Devotion is sit back and spray. Low risk high reward.

Agreed. In a game where everything is a recoilless laser rifle with damn near infinite range and lock on hipfire, I have no qualms about being shotgunned.

Izuna

Banned
Removing the meter gain on just damage will lower the frequency of quick titan returns which drops the value of the skill, hopefully pushing people to use it less. It's out of control on PS4 and has a negative effect on the game. There's nothing particularly skillful about it, especially given its absurd damage. People just charge at you and hope reapers or shitty map design slows you enough for the kill. It's never a Northstar hovering over a wall, dropping tether, then nuking or something clever like that. It's just dumb cheese that adds nothing to the game.

Hearing that it gives some meter back, I'm happy.

I thought it was going to be 0 reward. They should have been clearer in the patch notes...

Gator86

Hearing that it gives some meter back, I'm happy.

I thought it was going to be 0 reward. They should have been clearer in the patch notes...

Yeah, the notes aren't especially clear.

It should be zero, in my opinion. You get a free kill for mostly doing nothing, that's reward enough. You shouldn't get titan meter for a kill from a titan ability.

grendelrt

I feel like EVA is a little too powerful mid range, it can 2 shot someone mid range really easily. I killed some people the other day with it and was like holy shit I cant believe it does that much damage from that range lol.

Drifters

Awaiting the "You were the chosen one one.gif" after the patch notes fail to live up to the hype.

I just discovered Ronin and nuclear eject which now... yeah I can't phase teleport into a crowd fuck a bunch of people and get a new titan. That's fair actually. Anyways, dash cool down for Ronin is amazing since if you do play Ronin right, you literally own the map. Ion still seems to have good balance while Tone is finally getting her just desserts. Devotion in pub matches was getting annoying so I welcome the kick back on it. Hemlock, R97 and 201 seem to be still be S-Tier weapons while no class buffs make me think that has to be coming next patch.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Fixed texture streaming being disabled on GPUs with < 2GB of detected VRAM. <--- Uh, Megaton? DKo5 does this mean what I think it means?

What do you think it means?

Previously we auto-detected <2GB VRAM and disabled streaming entirely - now I believe there's a minimal amount of textures that could theoretically stream in, but given how little VRAM you're likely to have available its unlikely you'll see anything different than before.

What PC peeps should be looking out for is the SLI work and adaptive supersampling. Game looks *crisp* on a beefy 1440p rig now.

Izuna

Banned
What do you think it means?

Previously we auto-detected <2GB VRAM and disabled streaming entirely - now I believe there's a minimal amount of textures that could theoretically stream in, but given how little VRAM you're likely to have available its unlikely you'll see anything different than before.

What PC peeps should be looking out for is the SLI work and adaptive supersampling. Game looks *crisp* on a beefy 1440p rig now.

Ah, I see. I thought it would automatically load in the picmip_4 sort of assets on systems with not with VRAM.

Hemlock, R97 and 201 seem to be still be S-Tier weapons while no class buffs make me think that has to be coming next patch.

Wait what, you think the 201 and R97 are S tier? Do you play on PC or console? I think I could see the case for the 201 on console. It's a great all around weapon. I think the R97 is kind of difficult to use. It's a slightly worse Alternator IMO. Great damage(because of fire rate), terrible ADS, and great hip fire. But the better cross hair gives the alternator the edge IMO.

Besides that the aim assist feels amazing with the alternator while hip firing. It doesn't seem as good on the R97 IMO.

Wait what, you think the 201 and R97 are S tier? Do you play on PC or console? I think I could see the case for the 201 on console. It's a great all around weapon. I think the R97 is kind of difficult to use. It's a slightly worse Alternator IMO. Great damage(because of fire rate), terrible ADS, and great hip fire. But the better cross hair gives the alternator the edge IMO.

Besides that the aim assist feels amazing with the alternator while hip firing. It doesn't seem as good on the R97 IMO.
R97 is easier to handle than the alternator due to high ROF and deep magazine.

Drifters

Console. Are a majority of people in this thread PC? I thought it was the other way around. As for your comments; R97 fire rate is the hardest thing to get used to, however, I believe its TTK edges the Alternator on hip fire although you're right, I much prefer the hip fire of the Alternator for most occasions. As for the 201, ADS on stock sights (for me) seems to be the best while hip fire isn't as good as Alternator. The bullet damage of the 201 feels more on par with the Hemlock but is slower than the R97 by a hair.

I really feel like they have a lot of work to do on the classes and guns still since tbh, I rarely see anyone carrying a pistol these days and if you do, you put yourself at a disadvantage for Attrition.

R97 is easier to handle than the alternator due to high ROF and deep magazine.

Upclose they seem fairly equal to me. Just spray and destroy everything besides something like a shotgun or EPG. From far away though I think the Alternator is easier to handle because the cross hair is easier to keep track of and the I really think it has more aim assist. I know I just repeated myself but that's my reasoning lol.

Console. Are a majority of people in this thread PC? I thought it was the other way around.

I think the majority of GAF'ers are console players. The aim assist is part of the reason why I think the 201 is higher tier on console compared to PC.

Back when I got the game I watched Frothy's weapon tier list on the game. But that was from a PC gamers point of view. He's not getting that sweet aim assist that we pad players are getting. So I underestimated assault rifles because of that.

Top Bottom