• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Feels appropriately smug. Just took this a bit ago.

xngqiEul.jpg

Faynwulf

Started the game today and I find all the terms and lingo way more complicated than in other gacha games. I'm planning on playing this as f2p beside my other gacha games. (edit: while waiting for Fate Grand/Order to release. :p)
I have around 10k gems, what should I primarily use those for? I've read that the Avatar boards are pretty much a must have. But someone else said I should pull on the Anniv. Banner. Any tips?

Started the game today and I find all the terms and lingo way more complicated than in other gacha games. I'm planning on playing this as f2p beside my other gacha games. I have around 10k gems, what should I primarily use those for? I've read that the Avatar boards are pretty much a must have. But someone else said I should pull on the Anniv. Banner. Any tips?

You should be able to get an extra 5000 jewels relatively easily by going through story missions. Do that then do the Illustrated Kairi 2 banner.

You may have problems with medal space, though. So get a few more and increase your storage capacity to 100 or so.

Fauve

OK, now for my rant. This brooms thing only allowing for 1 a day is tone-deaf a complete slap in the face to us for several reasons:

1. Effectively, we only get one pip once all is said and done. If we got 3 a day instead, we would have gotten four pips. It is just not a good purchase on its own.

2. We're still in the anniversary event. Why are we not going all-out in terms of rewards? This entire event has been waaaaaay too conservative outside of the iKairi 2 deal.

3. This is the worst of them all, and it's practically sadistic. Many people have only managed to get 1 iKH2 Sora in the iKairi 2 deal. With the two Mickey & Brooms that were handed to us, they need one more pip to guilt iKH2 Sora. However, the deadline for the premium medal being handed out to people who guilt iKH2 Sora is tomorrow. If we were given 3 a day, then these people would have just enough brooms to make a new Mickey & Brooms and can guilt iKH2 Sora.

But no, we are not allowed that. Instead, these people now have to miss the deadline by 3 days because they can't get enough brooms until Friday. That is really messed up. I'm saying this as someone who didn't even get a single iKH2 Sora in 15 pulls.

Guys, I know brooms are tempting, but don't allow SeNA to get away with this. It's completely insulting.

Agreed 100%. As someone that managed to snag 1 Sora, I don't understand why they couldn't spare at least 1 M&B before tomorrow. Or maybe even unlock all the Broom quests (like the iB&B quests, in which all the quests were available all week) rather than staggering the brooms this whole week.

Skittles

So does the US version feel "fair" compared to the JP version? Considering the delay I mean? I don't know how much to continue to invest if it's going to take ages to feel "on par".
I find it fair because our meta is still nested within guilted epic medals. There's only been 2 times where guilted prems were pretty much needed, and those were fuckups on sena's part (xemnas b and halloween ghost thing). For the most part they've done their best to keep the powercreep from going pants on head stupid like in JP though. So until we get consistently challenging content that requires guilted prems, i'm not hankering for loads of M&Bs. We won't ever really be "on par" with JP since they're like 6 months ahead of us with like a 300+ medal gap. Unless be on par you mean with how we're treated, which we're getting very close. Just need daily jewel quests to be every week instead of 3 weeks at a time and for the daily login bonus to be doubled. If that happens we'll have most of the good stuff JP has.

Feels appropriately smug. Just took this a bit ago.

xngqiEul.jpg
That fantasia mickey is kind of horrifying

Not sure if I would want to throw 3 M&Bs on ill sora kh2 just to get a guilted 3 tier general buffer. There's better medals to guilt coming up than him, plus you risk getting stuck with a horrendous guilt roll for a buffer that you probably won't guilt until a guilt campaign shows up(and who knows when the fuck that would be)

Azuran

Banned
So does the US version feel "fair" compared to the JP version? Considering the delay I mean? I don't know how much to continue to invest if it's going to take ages to feel "on par".

They're never going to be on par but considering the developers have stated plenty of times they're different versions of the game.

Personally, I play the game because it's Kingdom Hearts and it's in English. That's pretty much is. If that didn't exists, I wouldn't play because I don't care enough about the average gameplay to play the so called superior Japanese version.

Not sure if I would want to throw 3 M&Bs on ill sora kh2 just to get a guilted 3 tier general buffer. There's better medals to guilt coming up than him, plus you risk getting stuck with a horrendous guilt roll for a buffer that you probably won't guilt until a guilt campaign shows up(and who knows when the fuck that would be)

It's a general buffer that works great as an attack medal. It's also the first Speed general buffer that has been given to us since KHII Aerith.

Also, it would give us a trait roll. An Extra Attack with KA5 would be a tremendous boon.

c-murph

Ok, doing my final pull on the iKairi2 banner. Hopefully, I can get extra power this time...

Got iSephiroth and HD Roxas with her.

EDIT: NADDA. Ended up with two 800+ HP traits. Ah well... Mirroring to 150% though...

Also, Used a M&B on my HD Roxas. 97%.... blegh. Better than zero I guess.

Did a binge pull and lo and behold, was able to guilt my iKH2 Sora - managed to get an extra attack with him as well. Also scored an iKH Riku B and an SP Axel as well as other medals that I've used for traits.

I also got an extra attack with my Xion - she's at 100% and is a huge help as a tier 3 reverse magic medal, been indispensable during proud quests.

So in this go, managed to guilt both iKH2 Kairi and iKH2 Sora, so that Key Art will be mine.

Time to go HAM on the raid boss for the time being...

deanote666

How are you killing those? Like, what's your keyblade look like?
Xigbar B 100% w/ ABIII max
King, Donald, Goofy with extra attack, ground def -60%, 150%, ABIII max
WoFF Squall 100% w/ ABIV
iKairi II w/ second chance, extra attack, 150%
Sebastian
iB&B 150%

level 30 sleeping lion
level 28 olympia

The king medal does about 20 health bars on the level 700+ cannons when buffed on sleeping lion.

Fighting level 718 enemies now.

Skittles

It's a general buffer that works great as an attack medal. It's also the first Speed general buffer that has been given to us since KHII Aerith.

Also, it would give us a trait roll. An Extra Attack with KA5 would be a tremendous boon.
True, but since it's upright speed there's only 2 keyblades you can get a decent multi on it (olympia third and sleeping lion 2nd). Plus you only get one shot at a trait roll. It's a nice little increase of damage on certain keyblades, but quite a few people can get to +6 GAU already (ikairi, sebastian, ariel). I just think you'd be better off with guilting a utility medal like HD Namine with those 3 M&Bs (assuming she's a 3 dot mercy).

What banner are guys binge pulling on?

HD Namine and Tsum Tsum banners when they come out.
Pretty much this one. Planning to mercy a 3 dot HD Namine and then use M&B to guilt her. Then save for 0.2 kairi and mercy her. Then save for Tsum Tsum and go pull crazy on those

How are you killing those? Like, what's your keyblade look like?
Just as a quick note. Enemy defense eventually stops increasing in coli, all that increases is the amount of HP heartless have.

True, but since it's upright speed there's only 2 keyblades you can get a decent multi on it (olympia third and sleeping lion 2nd). Plus you only get one shot at a trait roll. It's a nice little increase of damage on certain keyblades, but quite a few people can get to +6 GAU already (ikairi, sebastian, ariel). I just think you'd be better off with guilting a utility medal like HD Namine with those 3 M&Bs (assuming she's a 3 dot mercy).

Don't forget Starlight. Starlight will heavily benefit from KA5, especially with iKairi 2 in the first slot.

Also, I already used the two Mickey & Brooms I got to guilt Jack & Sally. Managed to get them to max with a few mirrors, too!

I was holding out hope for an SAB campaign this week, but it was not to be. Got 114% on iKairi 2. Decent roll, but :/ @ getting HP for my trait.

Razmos

Second Chance on kairi2 had saved me many times and is great for boss battles in union cross as it can activate once every time you get revived

Same.

On a scale from SENA to SEJP what are the chances we get a free pull on Tsum Tsum? (Do they often get free pulls, or was that a rarity for even for JP?)
I hope there's a slim chance we get them soon, haha. I only did 2 pulls on the WoFF banner, so they'll help me so much.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I may snag the def boost 3....How useful is it in the current meta?

E: Also put the skill cost 1 on Ansem. Easy mode for the current raid boss with more bars to use! I am trying to push to 300 now. I'm at like 255...

Psxphile

I don't have Second Chance so I'm tempted to pull just for it. On the other hand, I'm making a concerted effort to save enough jewels to buy up new Premium avatar boards as they come up (where before I mostly ignored them) since they started placing multiple top-tier skills that I've been sorely lacking and gems to help speed up leveling keyblades. I presume Second Chance will come around again at some point, but who knows when that'll be next.

Also, Second Chance II exists. 69% activation rate, yo.

Famassu

They need to give out more Speed gems. My Lady Luck is still +25, Olympia +26 and only Divine Rose is +28. They have had maybe one or two events (that I remember) where they gave out Speed gems but IIRC at least one of those times (if not both) they were behind, like, lvl 350-400 enemies that I couldn't beat at the time. Most avatar boards have given magic & power medals that I've seen.

Psxphile

They need to give out more Speed gems. My Lady Luck is still +25, Olympia +26 and only Divine Rose is +28. They have had maybe one or two events (that I remember) where they gave out Speed gems but IIRC at least one of those times (if not both) they were behind, like, lvl 350-400 enemies that I couldn't beat at the time. Most avatar boards have given magic & power medals that I've seen.

Right, and this week's solo ranking will be handing out (potentially) multiple Magic gems.

Famassu

Right, and this week's solo ranking will be handing out (potentially) multiple Magic gems.
Yeah. I'm gonna try to go for Top 1000 this time. The raid boss is pretty easy. Stops at around 2 million HP at lvl 99 I hear, which I can do in a single try easily since there's four turns. Add an Ice Titan I gave one ABIIIMax + Lux+ to and a friend medal (King, Donald & Goofy) with it as well and getting lux should be fairly effortless. Currently on 4812th place and I haven't even done any boosted periods.

Psxphile

Yeah. I'm gonna try to go for Top 1000 this time.

Are you in Vulpes? I ask because some people don't seem to realize that their Union's place in the rankings affects the tiers. 1st place (Vulpes) and 2nd place (Unicornus) have different cut-off points for that third tier reward: 1000 for the 1st place union and 600 for 2nd place unions.

Famassu

Are you in Vulpes? I ask because some people don't seem to realize that their Union's place in the rankings affects the tiers. 1st place (Vulpes) and 2nd place (Unicornus) have different cut-off points for that third tier reward: 1000 for the 1st place union and 600 for 2nd place unions.
Yeah, I'm in Vulpes.

Famassu

In other news, I just read what 0.2 Kairi is like.

And that it was a 10th pull mercy pull in Japan (EDIT: Or not, my brother might be confused, lol). Time to start saving dem 60k jewels for 1 chance at an extra attack trait~

EDIT#2: Holy shit is Japanese KHUX having a VIP quest that gives the highest level Chips as regular drops. D: D: D:

Japanese Coliseum round 666 or something. -_-

And that it was a 10th pull mercy pull in Japan (EDIT: Or not, my brother might be confused, lol). Time to start saving dem 60k jewels for 1 chance at an extra attack trait~

EDIT#2: Holy shit is Japanese KHUX having a VIP quest that gives the highest level Chips as regular drops. D: D: D:

It was just a regular 5 drop mercy. Also, the Chip and Dale VIP quest is super normal. JP is the best, dude.

Modoru

Good news about enemies is that, past a certain level, their defense doesn't go up any further, they're just damage sponges.

Famassu

It was just a regular 5 drop mercy. Also, the Chip and Dale VIP quest is super normal. JP is the best, dude.
They'll have to give us that quest eventually too, if only because they do need to keep fresh blood coming in for the game and at some point all of the content will be so high level that they need those fresh players to be able to catch up relatively quickly or at least have them feel like they are advancing more quickly than us day/month 1 peeps had early on.

As insane as it feels with the way Chip & Dales are dripfed to us, uItimately I feel that kind of VIP quest wouldn't really change much for people like me who already have all of their most useful medals at +1000/+1000 Chip & Dale'd & don't get too many new medals to use them on all that often. Would just be nice to have, like, 2000 of them cached so grinding for 1-5+ of them in every weekend/monthly raid event & such wouldn't feel so mandatory.

deanote666

Arg...

I'm in the 140's in the coliseum and need to do 10+ rounds to go up 1 rank...

I don't think I'm going to make it...

On round 669, level 789 heartless...

c-murph

Already saving... 1,700/60,000 jewels...

Famassu

Already saving... 1,700/60,000 jewels...
I have 1750. o/ I had almost 7000 but then I figured out I'm low on any kind of Attack Boost medals and got both of the Avatar Boards with ABIIIMax + Lux+ and ABIV. Now I have at least a few of those in storage, waiting for good medals to spend them on.

Renkax

Hey y'all :) just got to download the game on iOS , did the tutorial to the point where i can go connect with my facebook. any tips ? :)

Famassu

Hey y'all :) just got to download the game on iOS , did the tutorial to the point where i can go connect with my facebook. any tips ? :)

1) learn the basics of leveling up & evolving medals, what guilting is and what is the most efficient way of doing it all (basically, learn what this means http://oi65.************/2pph2k2.jpg <- replace ******** with "tinypic .com")

2) Remember to do the daily Cid quest (under the Special banner). Getting a lot of Cid medals is important in the long run

3) focus on Story missions first, you'll unlock keyblades & game modes

4) don't upgrade the Starlight keyblade too much, focus first on the other keyblades

5) Leveling up your character is most efficient during 2x lux times in Raid Events (they are monthly & week(end)ly). They happen 4x per day, time of course depending what your time zone is

Top Bottom