• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Reremption is now backwards compatible on Xbox One

Bliddo

Fuck me. I have a massive backlog, but replaying this would be great.
I'll pretend it's not there. How hard can it be?

I fear Gaf will kill itself when a sequel ever gets announced based on the reactions for backwards compatibility.

shit i'd probably join too

id really pull the trigger and get an xbone if it did xbox originals bc too, im sitting on shenmue 2, dave mierra 2, aggressive inline, tony hawk 2x (my 360 is drive door is failing and cant be bothered to replace it lol)

rdr is a nice addition. liked it much more than gta4.

Bought the game via the web browser store, and followed all the steps in the OP.

Installing now!

First time playing... I love western movies so I'm stoked

Warxard

Banned
Performance seems par for the course for an open world rockstar game. I'm not seeing any noteworthy drops during playing the game. No weird graphical errors either.

Don't want to say it's 'good' or bad.

And we wonder why companies are milking there properties with remakes and remasters instead of making new games. Are some of you telling me you are going to buy an Xbox one for a 6 year old game? Sheesh.

It's most likely because making newer games nowadays have longer development times & costs a lot more money than ever before, even more so than last gen.

It won't let me share any of my screenshot captures, probably because the game isn't "officially" compatible yet.

Any update about the performance?
So far it's been what I remember. It could get a little hitchy in the big city, right? Its fine in the wilderness.

tumblr_m7zsj1rdBL1rsy50k.gif

Hot take from Carl there.

Mookow

DL done, in intro now. Never played RDR before, bought it for $7 a few months back on sale, I'm ready for this.

pizzacat

Banned
The game comes with 4 dlcs pre installed, deadly assassin outfit, war horse, golden guns and compliments of the house

I wonder if this will officially go live to coincide with the RDR 2 announcement?

When do Rockstar usually announce new games?.. it's around March normally, right?

Nick

Now all I need is the original two Geometry Wars games on Xbox One backwards compatibility. ;___; #believe

And we were just talking about Red Dead 3 in another thread yesterday. Crazy timing.

This is awesome though, gives everyone a chance to get caught up. Im going to have to replay through it myself

Warxard

Banned
Sorry but how does backwards compatibility work? Can I buy this digitally and play it or do I need the disk version?

Disk version isn't available yet for Red Dead but the other games that are BC now can use Disk.

IF YOU HAVE DISK
-put into X1
-let game download
-play game AS LONG AS THE DISK IS IN CONSOLE

IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOAD VERSION
-download from Games and Apps menu

Top Bottom