• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

Anyone know much about importing fitness wearables?

I'm considering buying an about to be released Garmin gps watch thing (the vivoactive hr) assuming reviews are good and with tne rising dollar thinking that importing from the us will save me a bit of cash. But with tne use of proprietary chargers and such I'm wondering how much of an annoyance/issue that will be.

Anyone know much about importing fitness wearables?

I'm considering buying an about to be released Garmin gps watch thing (the vivoactive hr) assuming reviews are good and with tne rising dollar thinking that importing from the us will save me a bit of cash. But with tne use of proprietary chargers and such I'm wondering how much of an annoyance/issue that will be.

Does it just charge via USB? I've got a Xiami one that just charges through USB with no issue. Fitness trackers tend to have small batteries.

MoonGred

Yeah. Theres a generic base format called HDR10 and theres Dolby Vision. From what I understand some tvs support one and not the other and content I guess will be the same. Curious to see how it shakes out. With content on BD DTS-HD MA seems to have beaten TrueHD....so maybe Dolby will lose out again.

That's very odd, I was under the impression that 4k was just the resolution - same as desktop monitors. Trust TV manufacturers to come up some arbitrary format for a resolution bump.

Do you see anything inherently wrong with this tv, or do you know a better buy?
http://www.thegoodguys.com.au/lg-60-inches151cm-uhd-led-lcd-100hz-smart-tv-60uh652t

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Shredded my fanbelt. Go me. It was about this time last year I blew a tyre. Maybe I shouldn't drive cars in April :/

Quasar

That's very odd, I was under the impression that 4k was just the resolution - same as desktop monitors. Trust TV manufacturers to come up some arbitrary format for a resolution bump.

Well UHD isn't just a resolution bump. Its that plus HDR, plus wider colour gamut, plus higher frame rates. Frankly I think the resolution bump is the least interesting part, unless you are wanting really big screen sizes.

Do you see anything inherently wrong with this tv, or do you know a better buy?
http://www.thegoodguys.com.au/lg-60-inches151cm-uhd-led-lcd-100hz-smart-tv-60uh652t

Looks fine on the face of it. Supports HDR10 (though not Dolby Vision) and its HDMI ports are 2.0a (and support 2160p60). I don't really know much about uhd sets if I'm honest. Just that both Sony and Samsung (and it seems LG) are on the HDR10 side, dunno about other brands. I think Vizio has sided with Dolby Vision.

jambo

Round 2

2orxEg1l.jpg

Gazunta

Godspeed, Jambo.

I'm enjoying Shovel Knight, it's a nice video game that I don't have to think about much.

In other game news I am working on a crap game for a crap game competition being held later this year, and it is nice to work on a game that nobody is expecting anything from.
Not that people expected much from any of the others, but STILL

jambo

These taste like homebrand knock offs of Pizza Shapes.

The lack of the hard flavour bits is a bad move. It's just smooth biscuits covered in flavour powder.

Also the biscuits aren't hard enough, there isn't a good crunch when you bit down.

Lucian Cat

The lack of the hard flavour bits is a bad move. It's just smooth biscuits covered in flavour powder.

Also the biscuits aren't hard enough, there isn't a good crunch when you bit down.
This is the worst.
I couldn't find any old style in coles so I bought the new ones. Will try them when I eventually get home.

Shaneus

Has anyone here tried the "thin" Oreos? Sweet jesus, they're pretty amazing. Anything you can crunch just by using the roof of your mouth and your tongue is instant god-tier.

$15 on PS4 right now!
I've only vaguely heard of it, seems like it would be a great game. But so damn hard to justify spending any money these days and not saving it :(

Rezbit

W1cKiB0.gif

Pizza were my favourite god damn it :(

Godspeed, Jambo.

I'm enjoying Shovel Knight, it's a nice video game that I don't have to think about much.

In other game news I am working on a crap game for a crap game competition being held later this year, and it is nice to work on a game that nobody is expecting anything from.
Not that people expected much from any of the others, but STILL

Gaz's Pitch: "it's like game x from 1986 mixed with game Y from 1991."
final result:
Uncharted clone with all of the climbing and shooting and cutscenes removed.

keep us up to date. It's been too long since you made games.

Rizzi

The new Ratchet and Clank is so good.

It looks pretty good.

Was going to rebuy DS3 on US PSN 'cause I've got a mate that wanted to do some jolly cooperation together. Pc game supply cancelled the order for PSN codes that I was going to buy from them for no discernible reason, and I tried to buy it digitally off amazon. No go on that front either.
Everyone hates my debit card. :<

Rizzi

It's not blocked. I used it five minutes ago to buy something on steam.
The Amazon order is just sitting there pending.
Forever.

Aaaand they closed the account I used on amazon.
Damn it.

Lucian Cat

Update: Made my parents try them. They both stopped chewing mid bite. Dad says they taste like burnt plastic. No bueno for both of them.

Dimefan3

So I did this today...

13076611_10154789923465031_2556424797171079850_n.jpg

Not just a basic gym membership either, got one PT session a week for the next 12 weeks.

Hopefully this gets me fit. And the ladies. (I'd be happy with just fit though.)

jambo

Shapes are dead. RIP

It's really fucking weird, because I was reading the Arnott's Facebook page and they just kept responding to people by saying that all the testing groups they used said they tasted great.

I want to meet these people.

Lucian Cat

It's really fucking weird, because I was reading the Arnott's Facebook page and they just kept responding to people by saying that all the testing groups they used said they tasted great.

I want to meet these people.

These people clearly have no tastebuds.

Rare gif of me eating them earlier
latest

So I did this today...

13076611_10154789923465031_2556424797171079850_n.jpg

Not just a basic gym membership either, got one PT session a week for the next 12 weeks.

Hopefully this gets me fit. And the ladies. (I'd be happy with just fit though.)

Went to the new Bunnings at Gungahlin for for the first time today, kind of predatory to build it overlooking the old Magnet Mart/Mitre 10 place. I then took a wrong turn exiting the underground carpark and ended up dawdling though the town centre and it's countless roundabouts and zebra crossings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom