• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XboxEvent.com just registered by the same company that did Xbox's E3 presentations

aj1467

Thanks a lot, I just sprayed saliva all over my monitor.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Raven77

To all of you talking about Crackdown, the studio was dismantled from what I remember hearing.

Thank MS forr that. Probably my favorite game of this generation. They have also neutered Rare.

That bbeing said, I have little interest in the next xbox. And this is coming from someone who was a huge xbox fan up till this Kinect fiasco.

legacyzero

Banned
To all of you talking about Crackdown, the studio was dismantled from what I remember hearing.

Thank MS forr that. Probably my favorite game of this generation. They have also neutered Rare.

That bbeing said, I have little interest in the next xbox. And this is coming from someone who was a huge xbox fan up till this Kinect fiasco.
Crackdown really was some of the best gaming I've done this gen. Fantastic game.

FrankT

That wasn't a 1st party studio and yea I loved crackdown as well. Proper next gen, full fleshed Crackdown.

Excite.

Man just thinking about the possibilities and thinking back to the original Crackdown.

Remmy2112

Microsoft did not dismantle Realtime Worlds, makers of Crackdown. Realtime Worlds dismantled themselves by grossly mismanaging over 100 million dollars in funding making the shooter MMO APB which was on the PC and to my knowledge had nothing whatsoever to do with Microsoft. APB was shutdown just three months after launch and the company went belly up, all of their own doing.

LycanXIII

As far as I know, Ruffian is still around. Realtime (Crackdown 1) was closed, but a large portion of them work for Ruffian now.

Yeah your information is incorrect. RealTime did that to themselves.

That wasn't a 1st party studio and yea I loved crackdown as well. Proper next gen, full fleshed Crackdown.

Excite.

Man just thinking about the possibilities and thinking back to the original Crackdown.

I spent so many hours in Crackdown co-op just creating high speed head-on collisions and watching the physics engine spaz out. Crackdown 2 might be my most disappointing game this gen.

FrankT

Microsoft did not dismantle Realtime Worlds, makers of Crackdown. Realtime Worlds dismantled themselves by grossly mismanaging over 100 million dollars in funding making the shooter MMO APB which was on the PC and to my knowledge had nothing whatsoever to do with Microsoft. APB was shutdown just three months after launch and the company went belly up, all of their own doing.

Yea, serious mistake. A real shame.

Doffen

No. Realtime Worlds entered administration due to the massive failure that was APB. Microsoft actually offered them a save heaven with Crackdown 2, but they declined.

nib95

Banned
Killzone SF doesn't need to be countered imo, it didn't have the impact of the Killzone 2 reveal.

It will have a better showing than Drive Club for sure. I don't know about being the better game.

Agreed. Plus, PGR has a really strong following. Fans should be pumped just to have it back. It's always been a looker as well. I think Sonys real rebuttal will be at E3 with GT6 and the rest.

The only real blame you can lay at Microsoft's feet was that they didn't greenlight Crackdown 2 soon enough for it to be Realtime Worlds' next project. So they started APB and yeah... that didn't work out.

You'd have to think their plan is to have Halo 5 ready for November 2014.

Possible. Halo is a system seller. It's not going to be a launch title because those that already want a new Xbox will be there on day one. It would make more sense to have Halo 5 ready for Holiday season the year after the new Xbox launches.

You'd have to think their plan is to have Halo 5 ready for November 2014.

They're not going to release their biggest Halo game yet only 2 years after H4. They're most likely using a completely new engine to boot.

Should come in 2015. I bet we'll see Halo 2 Anniversary in 2014.

Raven77

I stand corrected about Crackdown.

My problem with MS id that they just aren't concerned with exclusives from third parties anymore which to me is a real shame.

i'm rooting for them, but i don't know if it's possible to have two good events in a row. i feel like any kinect talk could ruin it for me. any kinect talk at all is too much kinect talk.

FrankT

I stand corrected about Crackdown.

My problem with MS id that they just aren't concerned with exclusives from third parties anymore which to me is a real shame.

Well and I go back to the point that early on last gen they leveraged this well as one they needed it and two they had a big opportunity to able to do some with being first out.

Not so sure big money hats will make their way back, but we shall see. I definitely see MS cutting some checks however.

The Moneyhat was a genuinely hated endeavor by many here early on this gen.

Wait, does Xboxe312 mean Xbox Event March 12th?

Also, this thread better deliver the goods like that PlayStation Meeting one did!

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
If there's one thing people shouldn't underestimate Microsoft on is their big pockets of money on wanting to pull a few surprises for their platform in terms of exclusives. Spencer shouldn't disappoint

Nice! Can we get dates on those other domain registrations to see if there's any pattern to follow regarding reg date => event date?

FrankT

As much as I want Gears 4, it just won't be happening any time soon. Of course, I hope I'm wrong, but Judgement isn't even out yet.

Good point. Though, the first next gen Gears. Yea folks will be wanting that. Perhaps they do throw something new in between.

Elginer

As much as I want Gears 4, it just won't be happening any time soon. Of course, I hope I'm wrong, but Judgement isn't even out yet.

Perhaps new IP from EPIC? Samaritan? Wasn't there some name trademarked like a month ago from MS that sounded like a badass private detective?

It will either be Gears or Halo for 2014. I would suspect the former.

I think Halo 2 is most likely for 2014. Yes, yes, I know its not the 10th anniversary this year, but we know that they've been working on Halo 2 Anniversary since Halo 1 Anniversary came out, and Halo 5 will be ready next year at the earliest. Just makes sense from a production pipeline.

Forza 5 and Fable 4 are probably also likely candidates to show up at the Xbox Event. Alan Wake 2 as well. But I imagine they will have a handful of New IPs as well.

I want to see how Ryse is coming along.

The fact that Microsoft work so closely with Crytek and Epic makes me feel that the Xbox will be just as capable as the PS4.

gaming_noob

I want to see how Ryse is coming along.

The fact that Microsoft work so closely with Crytek and Epic makes me feel that the Xbox will be just as capable as the PS4.

My source says Ryse is no longer Kinect focussed. Though, after re-watching the debut trailer I can't see how they can make a full fledged game with that theme.

Ruffian (which is made up of many people who originally worked on Crackdown 1) made Crackdown 2 and still exists AFAIK.

Doffen

My source says Ryse is no longer Kinect focussed. Though, after re-watching the debut trailer I can't see how they can make a full fledged game with that theme.

Phil Spencer said, during E3'12, that Kinect would only be 'a part' of Ryse. So expect something like "Better with Kinect".

Top Bottom