• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OG Xbox Duke controller re-releasing for XB1 & PC Holiday 2017

gelf

If they could actually make the dpad usable this time I'd be tempted as I'd love a controller with 6 face buttons.

Shifty

tenor.gif

Give it to me.

Bliddo

I loved that ginormous brick, but the black and white buttons will never make sense with modern control schemes.

Flux

I'll get one for collecting purposes. I don't want to relive playing in it. The Xbox one controller is such a vast improvement ergonomically.

I have huge hands and that thing still gave me cramps. DS3 also gave me cramps because too small. DS4 is good, X1 controller is great.

In a perfect world every first party controller would be available in multiple sizes.

zbarron

This is one of those weird things that I didn't know I wanted, but now that I know it exists I really want. If only SEGA remade JSRF this would be the best e3 ever for me.

It's funny, I remember in the days when the Duke was being replaced the general consensus seemed to be "Oh thank god the S controller is coming". Now the Duke seems to be a beloved treasure :p

Different strokes I suppose!

DonShula

I'm baffled. I just chucked two of these in the trash while cleaning out a closet yesterday. They got me thinking back on changes in design philosophy and how some of the things that passed for "modern" in 2002 now look like Fisher Price toys for preschoolers.

And here I see someone is going to start selling these things again.

Kibbles

I don't think that photo is official, just a composite of the old controller and Xbox one together by the site posting it.

DonShula

It's funny, I remember in the days when the Duke was being replaced the general consensus seemed to be "Oh thank god the S controller is coming". Now the Duke seems to be a beloved treasure :p

Yeah, the Duke was an object of ridicule at the time. I believe the S spent more time as the default controller than the Duke. And I don't recall the Duke even being available at retail after the S was released. It was a wholesale "our bad" change.

Yeah, the Duke was an object of ridicule at the time. I believe the S spent more time as the default controller than the Duke. And I don't recall the Duke even being available at retail after the S was released. It was a wholesale "our bad" change.
the S was a gigantic fucking downgrade in comfort. The Duke has remained my goto for any time I best out the OG Xbox, and with a new version with actual bumpers and Xinput, I'm super excited to get a hold of this one.

Pagusas

Elden Member
OMG YES! All you midget hand whiners are the reason we lost the Duke in the first place. So glad to see it come back.

OMG YES! All you midget hand whiners are the reason we lost the Duke in the first place. So glad to see it come back.
I have small hands and the duke is still super comfortable. Its the only controller I've ever been able to hold with a full grip for long periods of time without any issue.

Arklite

I'm not seeing beloved treasure anywhere between 2001 and 2017, but a nostalgic novelty, sure.

Duke was always passed up in favor of the S during Halo parties. The S is far superior in every way. I dig the Duke as much as the same nostalgic fanboy; however, there's not denying the S is the better of the two.

This will probably be a better controller, cuz it wont have drifting of the analog sticks. I mean, when are MS gonna fix that? Was it fixed with the xbox one s revision?

It's honestly the only way for me to play some of the older Xbox titles. I hate playing Halo 1 or Splinter Cell on the S controller. It feels like the deadzones feel completely off otherwise

Top Bottom