• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Vitor wanting to fight Punk just shows you what kind of a guy he is. Abused steroids his whole career and wants to go out like this?

Im glad he will be gone (hopefully) forever. Fuckin' cheat!

Yes! UFC is close to signing Marlon Moraes. That more then makes up for losing Larkin. Moraes is a killer and could legit give Mighty Mouse a run for his money.

iddqd

This is the kind of trash I'm into:
image57163x7s.png

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/844704552033144832

Old men fighting for nothing and Siver hopefully winning by Liver kick.

What? Rockhold at HW? Is this a joke or something?

No, he got pissed enough at someone calling him a bitch and saying he drank champagne when he got KO'd that he's considering moving to heavyweight and risking his long-term health in the process

The human ego is an amazing fragile thing

iddqd

These fights could just as well be on a Bellator card.
The UFC's monopoly on "the best" fighters is fading a way like our memories of thin Dana.

Fox318

bj wants to die in the cage.

Its a shame he doesn't just do competitive submission grappling or try and work with eddie bravo to get Combat Jiu-Jitsu off the ground.

Why would anyone have a problem with Penn fighting someone like Siver? That is the type of fight that should have gone on from the jump of his comeback.

Then all of a sudden they tried to book him against Llamas and freaking Yair?

Siver isnt on that level.

Fox318

Why would anyone have a problem with Penn fighting someone like Siver? That is the type of fight that should have gone on from the jump of his comeback.

Then all of a sudden they tried to book him against Llamas and freaking Yair?

Siver isnt on that level.
Penn shouldn't be fighting.

Period.

I have to wonder for fighters, even ones that are financially secure, if the thought of your prime earning years being almost gone gives them some anxiety. BJ Penn is only 40 and he will likely never do anything in his life that will afford him the opportunity to make as much money as he will earn from fighting. Some guys might want to just cash in while they can, even if they aren't broke.

What makes you think he can make 125?

Between his size and the huge step up in competition I'd be very surprised if he stayed at bantam but fair point, I've seen nothing to indicate he will or even can make 125. Even if he didn't want to though, if I were Sean Shelby I'd make every incentive to get him down there.

Heel

Bellator added Larkin vs. Lima title fight and Aaron Pico's debut to that PPV.

Free undercard has a Chandler title fight.

dJR9Jx0.gif

BJ is just fighting out his contract so he can join Bellator and fight Royce and Hughes and the other legends. Like, let's not pretend that Vitor won't be over there in a couple of months too. And you know what, they're right.

Top Bottom