• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam: Mac client?No problem, why Apple logo in Windows client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
dovella said:
Hi excuse me my english

1zvz9tk.jpg

this is a advertsing no sense in my client. I PAY MY GAMES TO STEAM!!

Steam moderator closed all my thread http://bit.ly/a0OIs9 http://bit.ly/cyuZdN http://bit.ly/btyz1B

and this is a PM from moderator

This is epic FAIL

Putting the Apple logo in the Windows client is equivalent to putting the pictures of Buddha in the Vatican in Rome.
Even if you may seem a trivial thing, you must remove the Apple logo from the Windows client.
In every forum / blog / site
you create real religious war between Windows users and Apple users.

If you agree pls post here your opinion

Epic fail of a post.. Poorly thought out. I will show you your stupidity in 3.2.1

Hi I just bought a Mac and installed Steam on it. I am appalled that when I look at mac game sections I see a Windows LOGO on the games. This is advertising windows games on my MAC.. Im so upset I will post an article on it on multiple forums hoping to gain support of my hatred of other systems. (Im also scared this will cause everyone i know to stop gaming on any other platform and switch to windows macine which I can not afford. I have already signed my fanboy contract in blood with Satan so im stuck) Please make games only for my system of choice as I am always right.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

See how stupid this sounds.. They just worked 7 years making this happen without Apple's helping them!! Let them enjoy their efforts for a few week for christ sake.

This is a great time for MAC gamers stop getting your panties in a wad..

dovella

Dorfdad said:
Epic fail of a post.. Poorly thought out. I will show you your stupidity in 3.2.1

Hi I just bought a Mac and installed Steam on it. I am appalled that when I look at mac game sections I see a Windows LOGO on the games. This is advertising windows games on my MAC.. Im so upset I will post an article on it on multiple forums hoping to gain support of my hatred of other systems. (Im also scared this will cause everyone i know to stop gaming on any other platform and switch to windows macine which I can not afford. I have already signed my fanboy contract in blood with Satan so im stuck) Please make games only for my system of choice as I am always right.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

See how stupid this sounds.. They just worked 7 years making this happen without Apple's helping them!! Let them enjoy their efforts for a few week for christ sake.

This is a great time for MAC gamers stop getting your panties in a wad..

Dear Boy (girl ,man ,woman)

I Can install OSX in my PC?

YES / NO ?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
dovella said:
Dear Boy (girl ,man ,woman)

I Can install OSX in my PC?

YES / NO ?

Y.

Can you install something other than Windows on your PC?

Y.

Are you a moron?

Y.

IT MAKES NO SENSE!

IF STEAM IS ON MAC, YOU MUST ACQUIT!

Jtones

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
....do you think he get's whats going on in this thread yet? He seems surprisingly upbeat.

Nope, he's still confused, and unsure about what's happening in this topic. Poor guy.

ZZMitch

The_Technomancer said:
....do you think he get's whats going on in this thread yet? He seems surprisingly upbeat.
Or hes on an internet forum and whatever you guys say doesnt matter to him in the slightest.

Oli

The_Technomancer said:

Where would you get that idea?...

dovella said:
dovella said:
dovella said:
dovella said:
Oh thanks ;)
dovella said:
dovella said:
I love Linux, I Love Windows, I Love Android.

Apple computer Kid is not for me ;) Futile Toy's
dovella said:
Lascia perdere ;)
dovella said:
dovella said:
Sorry boy ;) moore and moore different ;) this is a long story :) .
dovella said:
:lol :lol :lol
dovella said:
dovella said:
No no no , thanks :)
dovella said:
No Sorry :)

hackintosh is FUTILE.
dovella said:
Is inutile :)

Malio

OP is awesome!

Putting the Apple logo in the Windows client is equivalent to putting the pictures of Buddha in the Vatican in Rome.

And so is that! OS wars is the new console wars!

Someone really need to make a "deal with it" gif with Gabe Newell's head. I can't count the number of times it would have come in handy in the past week alone.

Malio said:
OP is awesome!

And so is that! OS wars is the new console wars!
For you youngins, there has been an OS wars since like when Windows came out. It reached its zenith somewhere in the 90's and has quieted out since then. Now because of this thread the OS wars are officially back and better than ever. THEY'RE BACK BABY, YEEEEAH!

Eaten By A Grue said:
For you youngins, there has been an OS wars since like when Windows came out. It reached its zenith somewhere in the 90's and has quieted out since then. Now because of this thread the OS wars are officially back and better than ever. THEY'RE BACK BABY, YEEEEAH!
Those who didn't live through the OS wars couldn't understand.

cRIPticon

dovella said:
this is like adverting Nintendo in PS3 Games.

No, it's like Capcom letting a PS3 user know there is also a 360 version.

Enjoy your new avatar! WOW!

(posted from my iPad)

EDIT: If a stupid logo is causing this much of an issue for you, you should seriously consider stepping away from all computers and games for a good long while and get some perspective. Just...wow.

Dabanton said:
Absolutely insane. :lol
I was at first going to insert a "Not sure if serious" pic, but I am pretty sure he is dead serious here. Not that he has a point, but in the future, it would be nice if they cleaned it up. ATM, it kinda looks tacked on, but I think they are just trying to get word out for people who own both but were not waiting at their MACS on May 12th all day long, lol!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I dont own Apple products.... must be my italian blood.

TTP said:
Just out of curiosity, do you also NOT eat apples?
:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom