• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon lists Wii U games for $49.99

That would be pretty dandy guys, but this sounds like a deal breaker to me

wiiuf.jpg

Price should reflect budget and a game like Ninja Gaiden 3 should not be sold at $50 since the game would be quite old by the time it launches. $29.99 is a fair price on older games that get a re release on the Wii U.

Harlock

I can see a HD 2D platform costing 50 or even 40 bucks. Rayman Origin did that with the PS3/360 version.

D-Pad

"im gona poop marmalaid with strawberys when i get mine" had me laughing way too hard.

Hopefully this isn't just a placeholder. If it is and it goes up to $60, pre-ordering now will guarantee you paying $50, right?

The $50 price point is part of the long list of reasons Nintendo got the majority of my gaming dollars this generation.

I'm not expecting it, but I'd be ecstatic if it was brought over to the next.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
That would be pretty dandy guys, but this sounds like a deal breaker to me

wiiuf.jpg

I love it when prepubescent twats take the high route when they're still playing with Tonka trucks and tickle me emo. Fuck you, Zelda HD will be great (hopefully)!

Price should reflect budget and a game like Ninja Gaiden 3 should not be sold at $50 since the game would be quite old by the time it launches. $29.99 is a fair price on older games that get a re release on the Wii U.

This is Ninja Gaiden: Razor's EDGE, hahaha, it will give me an excuse to buy the game.

Okay, so HDMI confirmed, Ethernet port missing in action. I don't like wireless drops in my seamless online play.

It must be Nintendo taking the ten dollar hit from the sale, right?

The ten dollars of the ten dollars that it makes per sale...come on guys, really?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Great news if true.

Eric C

Amazon listed Vita prices for like $30 before Sony announced the specific prices and Amazon raised them accordingly. So I wouldn't say it's concrete but $50 seems like the price Nintendo would go with for first party at least.

Amazon also had 3DS games priced at $35... maybe some games were even lower, before the 3DS was released and $39.99 became the standard price.

Basically at this point in time Amazon is probably just guessing.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
i don't know for sure or anything, but i don't believe this either.

I mean, think about it. There's no way Ubisoft is going to release AC3 for $60 on Xbox/PS3, and than a few weeks later or whatever, release it on Wii U for $50. Not a chance. People will wait and publishers want the higher average MSRP. They'll be $60, and may be the casual ones like JD will be $10 cheaper like they are now.

Top Bottom