• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Erm, what the hell is that?

If this is a Hot Wheels endorsement then it should have been free and the costs covered by Hot Wheels, until I have a go at it I cannot say anything
Haha, but you still did ;)
but this isn't something I would have wanted in the slightest.

There have been a couple of Hot Wheels games out already, and they look terrible.

:/

Playground and turn10 don't do terrible.

Fox Mulder

I'm just excited that I get to drive a Tacoma...

It's the Toyota Hilux modified for arctic use, which was used by top gear in their drive to the North Pole.

wonder why it wasn't included with the blizzard mountain expansion really. It's been in the game credits since launch.

AsianOni

Weird, here is his public profile:
4V0SMhD.png

LoveCake

He is there, this is from his YouTube channel - Xbox Gamertag - Don Joewon Song

Weird, here is his public profile:

Yes, that is the one.

Weird because I have him as a following creator.

As am I, there are also a fair number of members in his club that create some very good liveries as well.

He is also hyped about the Hot Wheels DLC.

If you do read this sorry about talking about you in the third person

Gestault

Listen, I expect my Horizon games to be serious. Now excuse me while I drive my rainbow zebra-print Halo Warthog in a race against a man in a buggy suspended mid-air by a combat helicopter, while kangaroos watch on.

It's the Toyota Hilux modified for arctic use, which was used by top gear in their drive to the North Pole.

wonder why it wasn't included with the blizzard mountain expansion really. It's been in the game credits since launch.
I didn't realize that the two trucks were different. I thought that the Tacoma was the North American version of the Hilux. That was an internet rabbit hole of research. I am also confused why it didn't come out with the blizzard mountain expansion. That truck is so badass. I usually drive around in a trucked out rusted Subaru Brat, but I'll have a new 4x4 to stop around in.

KdotIX

I had some trouble starting out, but the key is not to mash the throttle. Just feathering it is enough to send it into a nice smooth drift.

I start not very far from the start of the drift-zone and try to enter at about 60-70mph and just hold the accelerator and feather it, also dab the front brakes or hand-brake (E-brake) to help, you need just enough spin to get the opposite lock on the steering.

I have ABS ON and Stability Control and Traction Control OFF, also NO brake assist and AUTO gearbox.

Is there a corner (Drift-zone) that you are good at, the one with your best score, just try the car on that Drift-zone and see how you get on with it.

I admit I am far from the best drifter, you just have to keep at it and once you get the feel it gets easier..

I think I'm now starting to get the hang of contoling this beast, managed to 3 star all drift zones in Byron Bay. Thanks for the tips!

Question :

I'm interested for this game on PC... But 70€ is steep price...

Is there 99€ has the season pass with mountain and hot wheels expansions ?

What is play anywhere ? It means if I buy the Xbox One version I get a code for the PC version ? Is this cheaper ? Because I can find cheaper console version... Will the DLC / season pass carry over ?

Question :

I'm interested for this game on PC... But 70€ is steep price...

Is there 99€ has the season pass with mountain and hot wheels expansions ?

What is play anywhere ? It means if I buy the Xbox One version I get a code for the PC version ? Is this cheaper ? Because I can find cheaper console version... Will the DLC / season pass carry over ?

Ultimate edition DOES NOT have the expansion pass, just VIP membership (some cars and double wheelspins) and the first 6 car packs.

Play Anywhere means the game's digital Xbox and PC versions will be added to your MS account. It's currently the only way to buy the PC version. You can get a physical version of the Xbox game but it won't carry over to PC. Amazon does sometimes have the game on sale, and it was 50% off two weeks ago on the MS Store, so you could wait for the next sale.

Ultimate edition DOES NOT have the expansion pass, just VIP membership (some cars and double wheelspins) and the first 6 car packs.

Play Anywhere means the game's digital Xbox and PC versions will be added to your MS account. It's currently the only way to buy the PC version. You can get a physical version of the Xbox game but it won't carry over to PC. Amazon does sometimes have the game on sale, and it was 50% off two weeks ago on the MS Store, so you could wait for the next sale.

Thanks. will stalk for a sale then

DasRaven

Will use that as well.

I wouldn't bother. DB5s are flooding the Auction house right now.
I picked up one for 440K, used it to get the Porsche, then sold it easily for 500K start & buyout.
As more folks finish the Forzathon, the values will continue to tumble.

I'll be using the sale/perk to finally buy a One-77 for a decent price though.

AsianOni

Even better, you could do 2 of the 3 races before the Forzathon actually begins, then finish the championship later when it's active.

I saw this weekend's FT reward Porsche in the street today. I think it's a sign.

Possibly a sign I'm playing so much Forza I'm hallucinating.

I did actually see it though.

I picked up one for 440K, used it to get the Porsche, then sold it easily for 500K start & buyout.

Yep I did this in the end also.

LoveCake

I think I'm now starting to get the hang of contoling this beast, managed to 3 star all drift zones in Byron Bay. Thanks for the tips!

Glad to hear you are getting the hang of it, glad I could point you in the right direction, you did all the work though.

I already had a DB5 so just used that, I have been looking at the One-77 for some time now, but I got one today with the extra 5% off perk.

Only cost a $5 million buyout and I'm lazy.

I have just watched a 911 Turbo 3.3 sell for CR2.8m! and I thought why?

5 mill to not do a championship. Fox is a baller in Horizon 3, confirmed.

I agree, that is some wedge, you can even blueprint a one lap three track championship and using the perk can start in pole each race, this is what I did in one of the previous #Forzathons

I have been trying to sell a Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6 Concept but nobody is biting, I couldn't interest Fox could I?

I tell you what is worrying me and that is the Carrera GT is going to be a prize in a #Forzathon but it's going to be some crazy hard one
Zs1F7oo.gif

Is the Deluxe/Ultimate edition worth it? I'm looking at getting this on the PC, and $39 extra bucks for the extra content, which doesn't include the expansions, seems steep. I've heard it comes with 30-odd more cars, and something about double wheel spins? And VIP membership?

What are those things, and are they worth $40? I was hoping to get the expansion pass, and I don't want the total cost of the game to be $140 lol.

rrs

All the other stuff isn't critical, and the Porsches aren't even in the car pack, outside of forzathon ones. All the fun cars are in the expansion packs anyways

LoveCake

Is the Deluxe/Ultimate edition worth it? I'm looking at getting this on the PC, and $39 extra bucks for the extra content, which doesn't include the expansions, seems steep. I've heard it comes with 30-odd more cars, and something about double wheel spins? And VIP membership?

What are those things, and are they worth $40? I was hoping to get the expansion pass, and I don't want the total cost of the game to be $140 lol.

The Ultimate edition is this basically,
Forza Horizon 3 VIP members receive five exclusive VIP cars:
2016 Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV,
2016 Koenigsegg Regera,
2015 Ferrari F12tdf,
2015 Ultima Evolution Coupe 1020,
2015 Ford Falcon GT F 351.

You also have included the Season Pass where you get six monthly car packs (7 cars each) the info on each is here

VIPs will receive additional benefits, including double Wheelspin earnings, access to exclusive online events, community gifts, and more.

The Wheelspin VIP bonus is just if you spin and win CR-50,000 (Credits) it will double to CR-100,000 etc if you win a car then you just get the one car.

It really depends on if you want any of the cars in the packs or any of the VIP cars, the Wheelspin bonuses are ok at the start as it can help you with funds to buy other cars, but some Wheelspins you can just win CR-1000 so it is just down to luck later on when you have millions of CR then it becomes less important.

Any car packs that you have purchased the cars that it includes are free for you to use, you do not have to buy them with game credits, you get one free for your garage, you can buy more but they will cost whatever the cost is from the Autoshow if you want to though.

The Blizzard Mountain expansion is a good one, racing about on a mountain in the snow, the Porsche pack hmm that is just a car pack basically and the best cars the 959, 918 and Carrera GT are all awards in the #Forzathon 's events which happen once every few weeks but the 918 is in the auction house now for anyone to buy for about CR-7m.

There may be some cars that you want but not having the car pack that the car is from will stop you from buying it from the auction house.

It really depends on the cars you want to be honest, if you liked the previous Forza Horizon games then you will love this, if you are coming from only Forza Motorsport games then you should still enjoy the game, you can still tune everything on the cars, but its more about skills and fun, it's more an arcade style of game, I wouldn't go as far to say that it is 100% arcade though myself, but this is debatable.

I have had all the Forza Motorsport and Horizon games (not APEX on PC) and I prefer the Motorsport ones to Gran Truismo, I have the Xbox One Ultimate Edition.

There are plenty of cars in the game so it may be better to buy the standard version and the Blizzard Mountain pack, you can always upgrade to the VIP as DLC if you want but that will just give the VIP cars and Wheelspin bonus, I think you can also get the Car/Season Pass as a stand-alone, but I don't think you can get the Expansion Pass I am not sure on this, VIP owners did get a discount on the Expansion Pass I don't know if this is still available though.

Shit I already own it so I should sell mine now for now for max profit and grab the free one?

I don't know, they have dropped in price already by about half so It may be best to see how easy it is to win first before selling, the one I win from the #Forzathon I will keep and then sell the one I got from the Auction House, the event is only one day so people who want one and find out they have missed it will still try and buy one, but the market will be flooded but I think it would still sell but for nothing like the CR-6m/CR-7m is was before, everyone seems to be wanting the 918 which doesn't go for anything less than CR-7m from what I have seen.

I don't mind, but you're only selling it for $300k.

I have been trying to sell it for the last week or so, any amount will do! I liked the livery on it so I picked it up (I don't know why I did though really) I have been trying to get rid of cars that I have doubled up on from the Wheelspins but DLC pack cars are hard as people with the DLC already have them and people without it would let you buy, I won a Polaris RZR HE yesterday which I already have and cannot sell.

The cars I put up I just keep putting them back up until they go, if they ever do.

Is there a gaf group for fh3? Can pc players join?
I just signed up to one listed as gaf. (Minibossbattle)

There is a GAF group yes, to join [GAF] you have to be verified so you have to PM Zorbsie and enter your GAF and Xbox details in the spreadsheet, if you just join [GAF] or enter details on the spreadsheet and don't contact Zorbsie you won't be let in because anyone can join in Forza as it's an open group and the spreadsheet could get or have been leaked so Zorbsie doesn't know who is who otherwise, there may be a limit on the number of members set by the game I do not know, I do know that Zorbsie goes through every so often and removes members that are not active in Forza.

QUOTE TO VIEW < you have to enter your GAF and Xbox details in here.

You will also need to PM Zorbsie (you will find him above in this thread) as he will have to add you to the list of members so you don't get kicked from the club.

LoveCake

Fox Mulder

That isn't very big then, the fastest on the Goliath is over eight minutes (about eight fifteen I think).

I have like the #104 spot on the leader board, which is only 8:51. I really have no idea how people carve off another 30+ seconds. My absolute best ever dirty time was 8:42.

Goliath still has nothing on the lap around Oahu in test drive unlimited that took 40+ minutes at top speed on a Ducati.

I have like the #104 spot on the leader board, which is only 8:51. I really have no idea how people carve off another 30+ seconds. My absolute best ever dirty time was 8:42.

Goliath still has nothing on the lap around Oahu in test drive unlimited that took 40+ minutes at top speed on a Ducati.

I remember that being both awesome and aggravating. I'd love more long tracks in FH3...

Top Bottom