• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway Unfolded |OT|

fernoca

Bumping this as a reminder that this is currently $10 on PS Store (or $8 if you have Plus).

And it is also the Crafted Edition which includes the soundtrack, and DLC items.

There's a free dynamic theme and avatars too.

Coxy100

Banned
A little bump to ask - do you need the PS4 camera to take advantage of this game?

Or do all of the cool mechanics just come from the controller without the camera?

Thanks

sphinx

the piano man
question... can I save manually?

I have a hard time figuring out when I've reached a checkpoint, the game doesnt tell me, from what I see and the menus I have checked

AniHawk

well i just finished this and i was surprised at just how different it was from the ps vita original. media.molecule continues to prove they are without equal as far as sony's first-party studios are concerned. i really love that they managed to make the dualshock 4 seem like an interesting piece of technology, although it's not as impactful as when they did that with the ps vita.

it hurts the message at the end of the game too, where you actually have the game's world in your hands and your own stupid face is the sun. never liked that they called it a 'you' though. both games are strange in that they're well-designed, but have dumb stuff like that just casually tossed in there. they also make a good case for never ever having voice acting in a video game for any reason whatsoever. ugh.

glad i played it though. i needed something a little shorter after paper mario (and between ace attorney cases).

Vashetti

Banned
Weird request, but does anyone have the cover insert for the physical edition that they don't want anymore?

I bought the physical version last year and it came like this

DI8HIKs.jpg

It's really a shame the game only gets fun in the last two levels. MM know how to make fun platforming but they instead believe all games should start out boring as fuck. I know other platformers are also like this in structure but even an easy as hell game like 3D World had a better difficulty ramp. Tearaway was like video game Nyquil barely even requiring any platforming to progress, but then actually gets fun in the last part :| Better luck next try Media Molecule.

Glad the game was 'free' that's for sure. 6/10

Man I'm trying to finish after starting when it came to ps+ (I've been playing off and on for a while) and honestly I'm kinda baffled at the meta score. Yeah it's got a great art style and some charm and it's good for kids and it has unique mechanics and storytelling and all that jazz but holy shot it just drags on forever.

I just got to the desert and I thought the game was going to end at the end of the first phase... and then it didn't. And then at the end of sogport... and it didn't. And then at the end of between the pages... and it didn't.

I looked up how long to beat and it says the average is 8 hours but I have no idea how that's possible tbh.

Oh and the camera sucks.

Man I'm trying to finish after starting when it came to ps+ (I've been playing off and on for a while) and honestly I'm kinda baffled at the meta score. Yeah it's got a great art style and some charm and it's good for kids and it has unique mechanics and storytelling and all that jazz but holy shot it just drags on forever.

I just got to the desert and I thought the game was going to end at the end of the first phase... and then it didn't. And then at the end of sogport... and it didn't. And then at the end of between the pages... and it didn't.

I looked up how long to beat and it says the average is 8 hours but I have no idea how that's possible tbh.

Oh and the camera sucks.
The added content in the PS4 version really ruins the pacing. The original on Vita is such a tight, enjoyable experience, but they didn't seem to take the pacing into account at all when making the new content, and as such it just feels like added filler.

The added content in the PS4 version really ruins the pacing. The original on Vita is such a tight, enjoyable experience, but they didn't seem to take the pacing into account at all when making the new content, and as such it just feels like added filler.

Yeah like I'm trying to think of a game I've played with worse pacing and I'm coming up blank... what new stuff was added in the PS4 version besides the reworked controls? I'm in the desert now so anything before that is fair game spoiler wise.

So yeah, how this is sitting at an 81 on meta and at 8 hours on HLTB is honestly baffling to me.

Top Bottom